Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Re: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

^I haven't watched the series but loved the movie. Is it on Netflix?
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    ^I haven't watched the series but loved the movie. Is it on Netflix?
    I think so. Ive watched a couple more episodes and it's really, really good. Just keeps getting better and better.

It is a MA rating, some violence, language, nudity and sexual situations but all appropriate, IMHO, and just well written and acted.

I'm busy downloading seasons 2 and 3 to my phone for future watching.

Ugh... I could only find Season 1 on Netflix. It's worth it just for Season 1, and maybe I missed 2 and 3 because I'm not used to searching for anything on Netflix.

I just watched The Joker and thought it was really good. Now I view him about like Red' on "Blacklist" And I may pull for him over Batman from now on.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Joker was a decent watch.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Joker was a decent watch.
    Yes. The acting by whats his name was very, very good. He really bought into the character mind, body, and soul.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Watched the first 2 episodes of Band of Brothers today, "Currahee" and "Day of Days." It's kind of become an informal tradition for me on Memorial Day.

BTW, Band of Brothers was on Amazon Prime video forever and now it's gone. Glad I bought the box set when I did. Streaming's fine, but not forever.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Watched the first 2 episodes of Band of Brothers today, "Currahee" and "Day of Days." It's kind of become an informal tradition for me on Memorial Day.

BTW, Band of Brothers was on Amazon Prime video forever and now it's gone. Glad I bought the box set when I did. Streaming's fine, but not forever.
    It's on HBO.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

BTW HBO has converted to HBO Max and has a slew of movies and TV shows available. The cost is very little.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    BTW HBO has converted to HBO Max and has a slew of movies and TV shows available. The cost is very little.
    So to find out what the cost would be to add it to my AT&T TV setup, I logged on and learned that I'm getting it free as part of my Internet package. So thanks for mentioning it.

I felt like I was looking at The Matrix when I was watching this:

A running chart of the top TV shows, week-by-week, from 1951-2019:

Wow, what a find. Think Westerns were popular in 1959?? Wow.

That will make your head hurt, seriously. There at the end you see the rise and fall of the Roseanne reboot.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Any reviews on the Netflix series Bloodline ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Watching bloodline myself right now and I am enjoying it a lot.
    Would highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Don't think anybody here besides me watched the God Friended Me show, but it was pretty good. Not a religious show, if that was a turnoff (or an inducement) for you. Premise is that a podcast guy/atheist whose father is an Episcopal minister (with a lesbian daughter, just to add more spice to it) received a Facebook "Friend" request from God.

God would recommend friend requests for him weekly, and it was always somebody who needed some sort of help. There are all kind of twists and turns in each episode, sometimes with them weaving earlier episodes in the current one in ways you did not see coming. Often the friend request would have an odd connection to one of the "God Squad" (Miles, Cara and Rakesh).

The main characters are the podcast guy, his computer tech superstar friend, his love interest journalist (the three of them work together). His father, head guy at Harlem Episcopal plays a medium role, and his sister, the lesbian bar owner/manager also a medium role.

Lot of cool characters developed through the series. Not my favorite show of all time, but nothing serious, pretty much "feel good" kinda show. I say "pretty much" because sometimes it doesn't work out like you think...a character will die, for example, that you thought might "beat" the disease, or somebody goes to jail, or loses their child or something.

Some questions that I am looking forward to seeing resolved by the finale (I won't post again because I don't want to ruin any storyline in case you end up needing something to watch, and go back and pick this show up):

* Will Miles and Cara reunite?
    * Will Miles' sister (Ali) beat her cancer?
    * Will they finally find out who is behind the God Account?

Lot of other possible storylines probably won't be addressed, like Cara's stepfather and his prison sentence, the former guy who was "friended" by "God," Rakesh's love interest; etc.

My thoughts are that they'll probably figure out who is behind the God Account, in a way...I think they'll find the person responsible for operating the Code, but they'll learn that the Code sort of operates itself or something. It will leave the viewer with the dual possibility that it either a) really is God behind it, or b) it was really science/computer/AI that was the engine behind the train.

The writing has been clever, although the storylines may not be your favorites (not mine either). It was definitely a "different" show for me to watch, but one I enjoyed. I'm almost glad that it is ending after this year, though. Carry it on much longer and I think you strain the storyline too much. Two years seems just about right. I think there are 32 episodes, so they did a really good job (in my mind) of keeping our interest to the end--but not sure it would have continued much longer.

(Note--one of my favorite type shows to watch are these "mini-series" shows. I like having about 8 hours of shows and it wraps up. Fargo, The Sinner, etc. are my cup of tea. So this is almost like an elongated version of it.)
    Netflix???

Am binging Outer Banks. I would give it an 8 of 10 although I am at the point where most reviews have it "jumping the shark"
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Watching bloodline myself right now and I am enjoying it a lot.
    Would highly recommend.
    So far so good, I watched the first three episodes last night...

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    So far so good, I watched the first three episodes last night...

After the Deadwood fiasco, Im hesitant to watch any series that ends its run prematurely or is cancelled unexpectedly after filming a season.
    In the case of Bloodline, they were ready to do a season four when they were suddenly dropped

You are almost always assured of a bad ending or to be left hanging for eternity in that scenario.
    Last edited by kingcat; 05-31-2020 at 08:20 PM.

Finished bloodline and was ok with the ending, all shows have to end at some point.
    Now once again looking for another series.

Watching DEVS on Hulu. An FX presentation.

Perhaps the strangest sci-fi show ever

Mrs. BEvans and I finished the new season of The Last Kingdom on Netflix. Dang fine historical drama, sorry I have to wait until next year for the next season.

Now we're watching the new season of Somebody Feed Phil, a travel/food documentary series, on Netflix. This season he's going to Marrakesh, Montreal, London, Chicago and Seoul.

Mums the word I’m still in the first season. I’m hooked.

Watching the Space Force series on Netflix. I love it.

Such a great idea for a comedy. And it doesn’t take sides on the need for such an endeavor
    Last edited by kingcat; 06-04-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Re-watched Million Dollar Baby last night. First time I've seen it in several years. Beautiful movie--harsh in its beauty, but beautiful.

Trying to find the next show, striking out so far but started Waco.

Ad Astra premiering on HBO this weekend...

Finished Waco and just had a bad feeling, terrible actions taken.

Decided to watch Contagion tonight. Maybe not the best time to do so.

Just finishing up on all the Dirty Harry movies.

BTW Yellowstone (with Kevin Costner) is back on June 21st. Season 3

Is Yellowstone worth a watch.