Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Re: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

I really only watch stuff while I'm on the computer doing other things, with gaps to eat dinner, etc. So I pick things that aren't too terribly engaging.

Lately I've been watching Match Game. They've put up hundreds and hundreds of episodes on youtube. There's well over 1,000 of them between the original daytime shows, the PM shows and then when it went straight to syndication. Not very exciting but entertaining to remember life from the mid 70s through about 1982.

Think from there I'll go back to Star Trek. DS9 maybe. I can't take the new series very well. Was going to try Picard but not after Icheb.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Interesting Match game factoid:

Fannie Flagg was a regular on the show. Of course people know her from game shows and a few different TV series and even broadway.

Here's the factoid: She was embarrassed about writing until the late 1970s b/c she couldn't spell. A teacher who watched Match game noticed the pattern in her misspellings on the show (you write out your word on a card), and wrote her that she had dyslexia. Until that time Fannie didn't even know about it, but b/c of that note she found out about it and was able to get some treatment.

she went on from there to finally write, and her most famous work is the very well known "Fried Green Tomatoes". She received an Academy Award nomination for the screenplay, and it was of course a huge success as a book.

So her being on Match Game led to her later being willing to write and she ended up writing a very well known book that is one of the better works of Southern writing of the last century.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

^^ that is interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Anything must see on Amazon??

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Interesting Match game factoid:

Fannie Flagg was a regular on the show. Of course people know her from game shows and a few different TV series and even broadway.

Here's the factoid: She was embarrassed about writing until the late 1970s b/c she couldn't spell. A teacher who watched Match game noticed the pattern in her misspellings on the show (you write out your word on a card), and wrote her that she had dyslexia. Until that time Fannie didn't even know about it, but b/c of that note she found out about it and was able to get some treatment.

she went on from there to finally write, and her most famous work is the very well known "Fried Green Tomatoes". She received an Academy Award nomination for the screenplay, and it was of course a huge success as a book.

So her being on Match Game led to her later being willing to write and she ended up writing a very well known book that is one of the better works of Southern writing of the last century.
    Great story I had never heard. I always enjoyed seeing her on the show. She had a quick wit and great sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Great story I had never heard. I always enjoyed seeing her on the show. She had a quick wit and great sense of humor.
    I watched this show with my grandfather. He wasn't well during those years, bad heart, and while he still worked the farm, he would work early then come in for dinner (lunch to urbanites), then stay in a while for a longer break and to get out of some of the heat of the day. So when I was there he was in the living room watching TV in those afternoon gameshow slots, so we watched Match game together.

Fannie Flagg and Betty White were just insanely quick witted. Of course CNR was a favorite, and while Richard Dawson was on there he was great (got him the Family Feud he was so good), but some of the weekly guests like Fannie and betty were just brilliant.

For reasons I don't know I started watching with the syndicated shows. Up to 267 right now, I think they did like 1,000 of them, don't know how many are online. If it's all of them I'll be a while, this is has been going on for well over a month I think.

Finally got around to watching the ZZ Top documentary on Netflix. Really interesting, deep dive on their origin story and career through Eliminator--light on everything since then. But the stuff through Eliminator is the fun stuff, anyway.

Billy Gibbons also has his facts a little cockeyed in places. For example, he says the keyboardist in one of his early bands left to go to Hollywood and be in Mork and Mindy. Mork and Mindy didn't happen until 1978, and Gibbons, Dusty Hill and Frank Beard formed ZZ Top in 1969. But if I'd been through all the things he's been through, my memory would probably be a little fuzzy, too. Still an interesting look at the band.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Anything must see on Amazon??

Some shows I'd recommend:

--The Man In The High Castle (based on the novel about an alternate history where the Axis wins WWII)

--The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (comedy about a 50s housewife who decides to become a comedian)

--Catastrophe (comedy about an American and a Brit who decide to get married after they hook up and she becomes pregnant)

--Goliath (legal drama with Billy Bob Thornton as the main character)

Fleabag (a dark comedy) has won a lot of awards, but I tried to get into it and it was just too dark for me. Your mileage may vary.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 10-15-2020 at 12:28 PM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Thanks always looking for new shows.

I’ve been watching episodes of Live at Daryl’s House... AXIS TV. Pretty interesting seeing these guys just messing around jamming with different musicians.

Last night Joe Walsh was on, really entertaining, it amazes me how easy they make it look to play guitar.

Amazon was running a Prime Days special on Showtime for $1/month for 2 months. I got it and started watching Billions with Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis. 3 episodes in, very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Amazon was running a Prime Days special on Showtime for $1/month for 2 months. I got it and started watching Billions with Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis. 3 episodes in, very interesting.
    Really good series... IMO.

Ray Donovan is another good one...

Enjoy these next 4 minutes: Have you seen this Prick?
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

lol, I just played that clip for my GF this weekend. Have you hacked my laptop?

Mrs. BEvans and I started watching The Unicorn, a CBS sitcom with Season 1 on Netflix (Season 2 premieres on CBS in a couple of weeks). You wouldn't think a show about a recent widower raising 2 young daughters would be funny, but it really is.

Watched the first season of Goliath.
    It’s pretty good.

In memory of the late Sean Connery I watched "The Wind And The Lion," which I'd never seen before, on HBO Max. A very odd movie--would've been utterly forgettable except for Connery's performance as a Moroccan insurrectionist leader. And yes, it was weird having him do Moroccan with a Scottish accent, but he did a lot of Sean Connery things and his presence overall made the movie better.

I was told I can’t get HBO Max because I have an LG TV.

Anybody know anything about this?

Godfather 1,2,3 on AMC tonight back to back to back... an option for a break from watching election returns.

Godfather 1,2,3 on AMC tonight back to back to back... an option for a break from watching election returns.

Thanks. Have never seen any of them. Not sure if I can watch tonight, but that's an attractive offer for me.

Thanks. Have never seen any of them. Not sure if I can watch tonight, but that's an attractive offer for me.
    Welcomed break from watching the number crunchers..

GF 1 started at 5:30 est.

I was told I can’t get HBO Max because I have an LG TV.

Anybody know anything about this?

It depends on what you're using to access it. You can do it through Apple TV, YouTube TV, Android TV, etc. But it's not available yet on Roku or Amazon Fire and some other platforms.

Here's an article that discusses it and how you can sideload, connect a computer to your TV, etc.:

https://variety.com/2020/digital/new...ds-1234723169/

You should set aside time for those. I'm pretty low brow on movies, but those are great films. Some pan #3 but I think it fits the trilogy fairly well, advances the story in a very realistic way.

I got to watch Tremors 7. I won't spoil it, but a good addition to one of the great film series of all time.

Welcomed break from watching the number crunchers..

GF 1 started at 5:30 est.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    You should set aside time for those. I'm pretty low brow on movies, but those are great films. Some pan #3 but I think it fits the trilogy fairly well, advances the story in a very realistic way.
    I will try to do so. Since I missed the start of GF1 already, I will pass tonight.

I love those kind of movies, too. There's no doubt I will enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I put Lord of the Rings trilogy in the top three of all time, and the #1 of fantasy/adventure film(s).
    Absolutely!
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Just watched The Good Doctor, 1st episode of the new season with my daughter. I watched it the other day, and I enjoyed watching it again tonight. Whole show is about Covid-19 and their patients and treatment. Everything they did in the show she's done, from the types of treatment, to the varying diagnoses, to the confusion, to the various types of patients, including a pregnant Covid woman giving birth in her unit. Excellent show. I asked her if she liked it, and she said it was OK. I asked her how accurate it was, and she said it's what I do every day.

2020 can't get over fast enough for me. I know 2021 won't start much better but I think it will have to be better for everyone.

Anyway, it's a good show. I haven't seen many new shows since before the summer, so it was good to see.

It depends on what you're using to access it. You can do it through Apple TV, YouTube TV, Android TV, etc. But it's not available yet on Roku or Amazon Fire and some other platforms.

Here's an article that discusses it and how you can sideload, connect a computer to your TV, etc.:

https://variety.com/2020/digital/new...ds-1234723169/
    HBO Max coming to Kindle Fire TV and Fire tablets starting tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/HBOMaxPR/status/1328337067684847616

The rights to air Charlie Brown specials were purchased by Apple TV+. PBS just made a deal to show them over the air:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/arts/ch...ll-in-pbs-deal

The rights to air Charlie Brown specials were purchased by Apple TV+. PBS just made a deal to show them over the air:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/arts/ch...ll-in-pbs-deal
    Great news...