Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Re: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Started Vikings but not sure it will last.

If you're a Sherlock Holmes (Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law) fan it appears the third movie will be out next December (2021). It's been quite a while but they plan on making it better than the first two which, IMO, will be tough to do if you've enjoyed the first two. Looking forward.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Is Yellowstone worth a watch.
    IMO, yes. Try to watch the first two if you can. You might be able to get them through Vudu or they might replay them before the new season.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    If you're a Sherlock Holmes (Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law) fan it appears the third movie will be out next December (2021). It's been quite a while but they plan on making it better than the first two which, IMO, will be tough to do if you've enjoyed the first two. Looking forward.
    It appears that the Moriarty character will return as well even though there was no reason to believe he would (except that we had reason since Sherlock appeared to have survived the the fall in which they were both plunged into the long fall into the cold waterfall. Just caught this today.

Mrs. BEvans I just watched After Life on Netflix. Ricky Gervais is a newspaper writer who just lost his wife to cancer and his Dad has Alzheimer's. And it's a comedy--a dark comedy, one that's very dark in some places, but still a comedy and ultimately very sweet. The first 2 seasons are 12 episodes or so. Very good IMHO.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Mrs. BEvans I just watched After Life on Netflix. Ricky Gervais is a newspaper writer who just lost his wife to cancer and his Dad has Alzheimer's. And it's a comedy--a dark comedy, one that's very dark in some places, but still a comedy and ultimately very sweet. The first 2 seasons are 12 episodes or so. Very good IMHO.
    Will be next(flix) on my list. If is sucks, I will blame you
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

IMO, yes. Try to watch the first two if you can. You might be able to get them through Vudu or they might replay them before the new season.
    Paramount Channel is airing S1/E1 tonight at 9:00 pm est

S1/E2 6/16 9:00 est, followed by S1/E3 10:00pm est

S1/E4 6/17 9:00 pm est.

Check listings for the rest of S1 on demand, there are 9 episodes in season 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Ian Holm died today. Known most for his role in Lord of the Rings / The Hobbits Tale.

Ian Holm died today. Known most for his role in Lord of the Rings / The Hobbits Tale.
    Just watched Chariots of Fire (Mrs. BEvans' favorite movie) on TCM the other night. He plays the role of Sam Mussabini, Harold Abrahams' coach, in that movie--excellent, as he was in everything I saw him do. RIP.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Good recommendation...aside from some language. Apparently the C word is used with some frequency in Britian
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

A sample of perseverance: Brad Dourif

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000374/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t

Have you watched Outer Banks on NF? Wife asked me about it yesterday, she had heard it wasn’t bad?

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Have you watched Outer Banks on NF? Wife asked me about it yesterday, she had heard it wasn’t bad?

Its "not bad". Is not great but watchable

Midway (2019) is on HBO this weekend.

Just heard recently that Robert Plant and Allison Krauss will be working together again soon. I think it's been over a decade since the last time.

Rewatched the John Adams miniseries this weekend. Becoming an annual tradition for me. Exceptional watching.

Midway (2019) is on HBO this weekend.

Great movie!

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Just started Outlander and Im really enjoying it through two (long) episodes.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Just started Outlander and Im really enjoying it through two (long) episodes.
    Mrs. BEvans read the books and wanted to watch the show. I resisted but I've enjoyed the last couple of seasons.

I started binge watching The Good Wife a couple of months ago. I thought it was really good until a main character died. Since then, it has been meh. Contemplating abandoning it in Season 6 before finishing (7 seasons).

I hate to not finish, but I also hate to waste my time too. I may start The Good Fight next.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I started binge watching The Good Wife a couple of months ago. I thought it was really good until a main character died. Since then, it has been meh. Contemplating abandoning it in Season 6 before finishing (7 seasons).

I hate to not finish, but I also hate to waste my time too. I may start The Good Fight next.
    I was like that early on with Dexter. It took a bad turn when his girlfriend died IMO, was OK for a while after that, then started shark jumping.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

As someone who watched the last 2 seasons of How I Met Your Mother out of a mixed sense of hate (of how they'd screwed up the show) and commitment (I'd put in all this time, i wanted to see it through), my advice is to bail out now.

(But I hear good things about The Good Fight.)

As someone who watched the last 2 seasons of How I Met Your Mother out of a mixed sense of hate (of how they'd screwed up the show) and commitment (I'd put in all this time, i wanted to see it through), my advice is to bail out now.

(But I hear good things about The Good Fight.)
    Which is why I won't sit through new Star Trek, or a fair amount of Star Wars, or Dr. Who, or a host of other things, I get it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

After watching Bloodline and Ozark, are there any other similar recommendations for Netflix?

Batching it until Friday so this weekend I was watching things that don't fit into the Venn diagram intersection of what I like and what Mrs. BEvans likes:

--Crimson Tide: hadn't seen it in years and I'd forgotten what a fun suspense movie it is with great acting--Gene Hackman, Denzel Washington (he looked really young!), Viggo Mortensen, James Gandolfini, even a young Steve Zahn. For the first time I saw it from the CO's (Gene Hackman's) point of view. I know it's set in a post-Cold War period, but this movie and Hunt For Red October are the 2 great Cold War sub movies, IMHO.

--Ken Burns Baseball documentary: I miss sports, and I miss the way baseball used to be.

--The Right Stuff: "Sir...is that a man?" "Yeah, you're damn right it is!" Gets me every time.

--They Shall Not Grow Old, a WWI documentary on HBO. Peter Jackson takes old footage, applies a combination of colorization, CGI and overdubbing and puts you right there in the trenches. It's hard to describe but absolutely memorable.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 07-13-2020 at 06:19 PM.

Saw this on Mental Floss: in "honor" of Harrison Ford's birthday, here are some notable movies he turned down:

--Alien (eventually went to Tom Skerritt)

--Terms of Endearment (the role eventually went to Jack Nicholson)

--Big (eventually went to Tom Hanks)

--Die Hard (also turned down by Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Burt Reynolds, Richard Gere and Don Johnson, eventually went to Bruce Willis)

--Who Framed Roger Rabbit (also turned down by Bill Murray, eventually went to Bob Hoskins)

--Ghost (eventually went to Patrick Swayze)

--Hunt For Red October (eventually went to Alec Baldwin)

--Misery (also turned down by William Hurt, Kevin Kline, Michael Douglas, Dustin Hoffman, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Richard Dreyfuss, Gene Hackman and Warren Beatty, eventually went to James Caan)

--Cape Fear (eventually went to Nick Nolte)

--JFK (eventually went to Kevin Costner)

--Jurassic Park (eventually went to Sam Neill)

--Runaway Bride (also turned down by Mel Gibson, Michael Douglas and Ben Affleck before going to Richard Gere)

--The Patriot (went to Mel Gibson)

--The Perfect Storm (also turned down by Mel Gibson, eventually went to George Clooney)
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 07-13-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Any scoop on a new series on AMC, Brockmire?

ESPN airing the Eagles Live At The Forum again tonight at 9:00 est... Vince Gill and Glen Frys son join the band... it’s really worth a watch if you’re a Eagles fan. Or if you like music, that band is tight.

Just finished season 2 of Hanna on prime really enjoyed the first 2 seasons.

ESPN airing the Eagles Live At The Forum again tonight at 9:00 est... Vince Gill and Glen Frys son join the band... it’s really worth a watch if you’re a Eagles fan. Or if you like music, that band is tight.

Don't know if you've had a chance to see "History of the Eagles"--if not, it's definitely worth a watch. An excellent documentary told by the band members themselves--heavy on Frey and Henley's recollection, but also the others. It's been on the various streaming services over the years, but not sure if it's on streaming now.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 07-22-2020 at 02:13 PM.