Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1333

Thread: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Watching sinner season 3, good series with Bill Pullman
    I haven’t started the third season yet, but the first two were pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

TNT has a mini-Denzel film festival going tonight. They just showed American Gangster and they're starting The Equalizer. After that they're showing Malcolm X.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Good stuff on TCM today:

--1:45 12 Angry Men

--3:30 A Man For All Seasons

--5:45 Chariots of Fire
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I started watching the Vikings series currently streaming on Amazon. Pretty good, quite a bit of violence in the form of battle scenes with Axes and swords and such.

I was watching The Expanse which takes place “hundreds of years in the future”, and now The Vikings which is in the 9th century in the years in the late 800’s.

In these depictions technology and weaponry are vastly different, but the people using them are the same.

Last edited by blueboss; 02-28-2021 at 02:41 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Watching Billions now, really good show.

Mrs. BEvans got a new iPad and we got a free year of Apple TV+ with it, so we just binged Ted Lasso. If you don't have Apple TV+ and haven't used your free trial, I highly recommend doing it for this show. Funny, sweet, uplifting--what we need in this Covid Era. Highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Watching Billions now, really good show.
    If you like Billions, I might suggest Succession. HBO series I think.

Still have expanse on my list blue

Ok, may be too geeky or just too juvenile for you guys..

But Disney+ (again, I have a 13 year old daughter) has a short series on the making of Frozen2 called Into The Unknown.

Pretty cool to see all the work that goes into making a modern animation.

Amazing to see how Story (writing), and Character development and emotion (voice acting), Artwork and Animation, and finally Music and how it all adds and layers on the scenes.

In observance of the upcoming St. Patricks Day holiday, watching The Quiet Man tonight on Amazon Prime. One of my favorites, and a sneaky-good performance by The Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    In observance of the upcoming St. Patricks Day holiday, watching The Quiet Man tonight on Amazon Prime. One of my favorites, and a sneaky-good performance by The Duke.
    My favorite John Wayne movie, and maybe my favorite film. Not the greatest movie ever made like a Godfather etc., but just so completely enjoyable.

The Searchers is probably Wayne's deepest role, but the Quiet Man is just so much fun to watch.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    My favorite John Wayne movie, and maybe my favorite film. Not the greatest movie ever made like a Godfather etc., but just so completely enjoyable.

The Searchers is probably Wayne's deepest role, but the Quiet Man is just so much fun to watch.
    I started watching it last night, made it through the first half, couldn’t make it and went to bed.

Another very light Wayne movie, which makes little sense really, is Hatari! I'm sure now it's banned for any number of reasons, mostly b/c he runs a live animal trapping business in Africa to supply zoos, but he said that was the most fun he ever had making a movie and it shows. They barely bothered to act, it was more of just a running fun jaunt.

It's also important to watch his movies without the TV edits IMO, and with the original screen ratio, esp. the John Ford films. They destroy his cinematography with the old TV cuts.

Thinking about it, the most moving Wayne movie is The Shootist, which ended up being really the story of his life and death. I find it a very moving film as a Wayne fan, and exceptionally well acted with a tremendous cast. In fact an unbelievable cast with Wayne, Lauren Bacall (one of the finest actresses ever IMO), Ron Howard, Catman Scrothers, Harry Morgan, and even Jimmy Stewart.

OK, enough of that. I can talk John wayne all day. I've seen them all.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Amazon Prime has a lot of Duke movies right now--The Quiet Man, Hatari!, Stagecoach, The Shootist, Big Jake, Hondo, Rio Grande, Sands of Iwo Jima, Rio Bravo, Sons of Katie Elder, True Grit, etc. The Searchers isn't on there, but I have that one on DVD--one of my all-time favorites.

ShowTime has been airing The Godfather 1 & 2

YouTube has a lot of good movies for free (with ads). Watched "Thank You For Smoking" last night. Hadn't seen it in awhile--really funny and smart. Good cast, too: Aaron Eckhart, Robert Duvall, J.K. Simmons, Sam Elliott, Maria Bello, Katie Holmes, etc. And ads are pretty minimal. I see more ads on some YouTubers' channels.

YouTube has a lot of good movies for free (with ads). Watched "Thank You For Smoking" last night. Hadn't seen it in awhile--really funny and smart. Good cast, too: Aaron Eckhart, Robert Duvall, J.K. Simmons, Sam Elliott, Maria Bello, Katie Holmes, etc. And ads are pretty minimal. I see more ads on some YouTubers' channels.
    Wasn't aware that was an option. Huh.

^Yep, there's a "Movies & TV" tab with shows you can rent or buy, or you can watch with ads for free.

My Cousin Vinny is on some network I ran across this afternoon. I'm hooked. Can't help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    My Cousin Vinny is on some network I ran across this afternoon. I'm hooked. Can't help it.
    I'm assuming you're a huge Fred Gwynne fan and his portrayal of Southern judges. BTW Seriously I love that he got that part. He's actually a great guy by all accounts and was really typecast from the Munsters.

Dark Shadows is available on Amazon Prime at no cost. I used to watch it when I came home from school in the 5th grade. Jonathan Frid played a vampire.

I should also mention the Dexter series. It's about a guy that was adopted as a young kid found in a pool of blood in a storage container and was proned to killing bad people.
    Last edited by badrose; 05-06-2021 at 10:33 AM.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Is Dexter on Prime? I liked it for the first season or two, was OK with it for a while, but the end I thought was jumping the shark. Which is saying something when the story is about a serial killer from the start.

^^^Yeah, I've watched it several times. I think he matured a bit toward the end. He's going to start a short season in the fall sometime somewhere around NY iirc.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Great Twitter thread from someone who was a Ted Lasso skeptic and live tweeted her binge of the show (spoilers at the end):

https://twitter.com/mixbecca/status/1408907151674806274

I've now watched the whole Season 1 3 times. Just an awesome show. Season 2 starts July 23.

Anybody else follow Mr In Between on FX. It’s currently in its 3rd season… only half hour long episodes. He’s kind of a fixer takes place in New Zealand… I think, maybe Australia

Central character just revealed he’d never been to New Zealand, so now I’m thinking Queensland

Last edited by blueboss; 06-29-2021 at 10:01 PM.

Season 7 of Bosch is out on prime, this is the final season.
    One of my favorites.

Great Twitter thread from someone who was a Ted Lasso skeptic and live tweeted her binge of the show (spoilers at the end):

https://twitter.com/mixbecca/status/1408907151674806274

I've now watched the whole Season 1 3 times. Just an awesome show. Season 2 starts July 23.
    Just saw that is Apple TV. I get Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime and YouTube TV/cable, but not that, dang it . Looked like a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Just saw that is Apple TV. I get Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime and YouTube TV/cable, but not that, dang it . Looked like a good one.
    They have a 7-day free trial; after that it's 4.99/month.

https://www.androidauthority.com/how...-free-1049103/

Easily watchable over 7 days (or a long weekend).

For our science fiction fans, I'd like to suggest one of the better PG-13 offerings in years imo. Prime's new movie release, Chris McKay's "The tomorrow wars" is a really, really good movie. His best imho.

Starring, Chris Pratt, (a great job by that young man) J.K. Simmons (Spider man trilogy and OZ), and Yvonne Strahovski (Hand maidens Tale and I loved her in the comedy series "Chuck").

A semi-new, action packed take on time travel and war with aliens yet a bit reminiscent of the Alien and Terminator storylines, but a side story made all it's own. Good special effects and acting as it combines the strengths of those two offerings.

Very enjoyable and surprisingly so.
    I watched last night and was riveted to the screen the entire time. It begs you to keep watching.
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-03-2021 at 01:12 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    For our science fiction fans, I'd like to suggest one of the better PG-13 offerings in years imo. Prime's new movie release, Chris McKay's "The tomorrow wars" is a really, really good movie. His best imho.

Starring, Chris Pratt, (a great job by that young man) J.K. Simmons (Spider man trilogy and OZ), and Yvonne Strahovski (Hand maidens Tale and I loved her in the comedy series "Chuck").

A semi-new, action packed take on time travel and war with aliens yet a bit reminiscent of the Alien and Terminator storylines, but a side story made all it's own. Good special effects and acting as it combines the strengths of those two offerings.

Very enjoyable and surprisingly so.
    I watched last night and was riveted to the screen the entire time. It begs you to keep watching.
    Pretty good stuff, I watched it the other night. Added a whole new spin on alien invasions