Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 46

Thread: Dorian

  1. #1
    Fiddlin' Five KSRBEvans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    6,583
    Blog Entries
    14

    Dorian

    Floridians, I know you're old hands at this hurricane stuff, but stay safe as the storm approaches early next week.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

  2. #2

    Re: Dorian

    Just saw they're now predicting a Cat 4 to hit the East coast. Yikes.

  3. #3

    Re: Dorian

    Expected to hit Vero. My daughter is a dispatcher for Vero PD. Future son in law is a police office for Feldsmere which is just north of Vero. They are hunkered down. I fly back into Palm Beach Sat night at midnight (I am in MN at the Mayo clinic with my father). I am hoping my flight gets in without delay as my wife is home alone and her going thru a hurricane would not be good for me because it would somehow be my fault
    Last edited by Doc; 08-29-2019 at 02:49 PM.


    You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

  4. #4
    Fab Five dan_bgblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Posts
    30,491

    Re: Dorian

    I have talked to a few of my clients today and 4 of them have cancelled plans to visit Florida this weekend and next week. Looking at the available weather data, my prediction is that your flight should land in some breezy and probably rainy weather. However, if you do not have an overriding reason to get back to Stuart and your wife is good traveling alone then I would call her and ask her to pack a few changes of clothes for you and for her, and tell her to head for Atlanta on Sat morning and you change your plane ticket from a Florida one to one in Atalanta.

    Watching a national news broadcast last night led me to believe that if you have not bought your obligatory 10 gallons of bottled water, 10 cases of beer and a case of Cheetos and raman noodles then you are sol for the foreseeable future in Florida. They showed one lady walking around a grocery store with mostly empty shelves carrying a taped up sack of Cat food that looked like it had been run over by a truck, 2, 16 ounce bottles of water and what looked like a quart of olive oil. I got the impression that she had decided to stock up before the storm hit and when she got there that was all that was left and she was not walking out empty handed.
    seeya
    dan

    “I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.” Hunter S Thompson

  5. #5

    Re: Dorian

    I got my flight switched so I fly into West Palm Sat at 2:40 pm rather than midnight. Gives me time to put up shutters, then watch the game on delay....then head out for some night time beer and college football


    You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

  6. #6

    Re: Dorian

    Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I have talked to a few of my clients today and 4 of them have cancelled plans to visit Florida this weekend and next week. Looking at the available weather data, my prediction is that your flight should land in some breezy and probably rainy weather. However, if you do not have an overriding reason to get back to Stuart and your wife is good traveling alone then I would call her and ask her to pack a few changes of clothes for you and for her, and tell her to head for Atlanta on Sat morning and you change your plane ticket from a Florida one to one in Atalanta.

    Watching a national news broadcast last night led me to believe that if you have not bought your obligatory 10 gallons of bottled water, 10 cases of beer and a case of Cheetos and raman noodles then you are sol for the foreseeable future in Florida. They showed one lady walking around a grocery store with mostly empty shelves carrying a taped up sack of Cat food that looked like it had been run over by a truck, 2, 16 ounce bottles of water and what looked like a quart of olive oil. I got the impression that she had decided to stock up before the storm hit and when she got there that was all that was left and she was not walking out empty handed.
    Yeah, some act like uts the zombie apocalypse. They buy more water than they drink in a year, fill up with gas a 4 days before the storm so they run out on storm day....etc. Then 30 min after the storm get in line for free water.


    You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

  7. #7

    Dorian

    Dang, the latest shows it going directly through Stuart.

    Be careful, Doc. Screenshot_20190829-221234.jpg

  8. #8
    Fiddlin' Five
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Moore Haven, FL
    Posts
    7,509

    Re: Dorian

    I am a bit further south but still pretty much on line with Doc's location. And if this storm slows down to 5 miles per hour or slower, we will absolutely get pummeled over here.
    Honestly, I expect my house to suffer major damage. It will withstand up to a Cat 3, but sustained winds with gusts way over that intermittently over possibly a 24 hour period, and I will be homeless.
    I don't need this, not this close to retirement. But this is the hand I've been dealt, so I have to deal with it.

  9. #9

    Re: Dorian

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Dang, the latest shows it going directly through Stuart.

    Be careful, Doc. Screenshot_20190829-221234.jpg
    Yep.....that line runs right thru my roof


    You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

  10. #10

    Dorian

    Me....

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


    You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

  11. #11

    Re: Dorian

    Prayers for the safety of you, your family and friends in the area. As well as the whole of Florida.

    “Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

  12. #12

    Re: Dorian

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Me....

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Oh, man...Prayers and good thoughts for you, Doc.

  13. #13
    Comeback Cat BigBluePappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    3,845

    Re: Dorian

    Prayers for all of our Florida brethren.
    You guys stay safe, you hear!
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

  14. #14

    Re: Dorian

    Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    I am a bit further south but still pretty much on line with Doc's location. And if this storm slows down to 5 miles per hour or slower, we will absolutely get pummeled over here.
    Honestly, I expect my house to suffer major damage. It will withstand up to a Cat 3, but sustained winds with gusts way over that intermittently over possibly a 24 hour period, and I will be homeless.
    I don't need this, not this close to retirement. But this is the hand I've been dealt, so I have to deal with it.
    I heard the latest forecast had it going further south, Suncat. Be safe, friend.

  15. #15

    Dorian

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Me....

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I saw that screen shot and it took me back. I used to live a couple miles north of the Jensen Beach causeway on Hutchison Island, Atlantis 3 Condo’s.

    I rode out Hurricane David in 1979, in Rio. (pronounced Rye’o for those not familiar)...

    Hunker down!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

  16. #16
    Fiddlin' Five Catfan73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    6,225

    Re: Dorian

    You Florida guys all stay safe. Im sure LG&E and KU are already heading that way.

  17. #17
    Fab Five dan_bgblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Posts
    30,491

    Re: Dorian

    seeya
    dan

    “I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.” Hunter S Thompson

  18. #18

    Dorian

    Prayers guys

    Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

  19. #19

    Re: Dorian

    You want to know how bad the focast/prediction is? Jim Cantore is here in Stuart. I am at the Rochester Airport now, heading home. ETA 2:30....time to clean garage so I can get both cars in, and put up shutters assuming I can find where the previous owner put the nuts. Our first storm in new house


    You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

  20. #20

    Re: Dorian

    Have the democrats blamed Trump yet? Have the GOP blamed Obama? And will Obama take credit if it turns before hitting FL? Although it is possible that Trump blew it off the coast since he has enough wind, and he want border security

    Seriously, last update has it turning before hitting FL which is best case for me. Hope it does then drops in intensity before making landfall in Ga or north. Best would be a U turn before hitting anything but the bahamas


    You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

  21. #21

    Re: Dorian

    My pbm is I have a fantasy draft on Sunday and 2 on Monday


    You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

  22. #22

    Dorian

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Have the democrats blamed Trump yet? Have the GOP blamed Obama? And will Obama take credit if it turns before hitting FL? Although it is possible that Trump blew it off the coast since he has enough wind, and he want border security

    Seriously, last update has it turning before hitting FL which is best case for me. Hope it does then drops in intensity before making landfall in Ga or north. Best would be a U turn before hitting anything but the bahamas
    Hoping that latest forecast stays true (or even better)...

  23. #23

    Re: Dorian

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Hoping that latest forecast stays true (or even better)...
    If not I may head your way...LOL

    Right now I am delayed in Chicago


    You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

  24. #24

    Dorian

    I thought I heard where NHC has issued a mandatory evacuations for Martin Co. (low lying areas) which everything in Martin Co is low lying. The current forecast has it following a similar path as David, where it came in between W. Palm and Jupiter, then hugged the entire east coast coast of Fl. before making its way up the entire eastern seaboard.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

  25. #25
    Fiddlin' Five
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Moore Haven, FL
    Posts
    7,509

    Re: Dorian

    Hey Doc! Guess who I saw on TV this morning from Stuart, Florida?
    Jim Cantore.......😁

  26. #26
    Fiddlin' Five
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Moore Haven, FL
    Posts
    7,509

    Re: Dorian

    On the possible bright side (for us over here on the west side of Lake Okeechobee), almost all of the forecast models have this thing turning north before it touches the east coast.
    At least that's what the forecast says now.

  27. #27

    Dorian

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    If not I may head your way...LOL

    Right now I am delayed in Chicago
    Come on. I'll have my house with my son and daughter, or I will have a hotel room in Jackson. Your choice!

  28. #28

    Re: Dorian

    Lastest is it is suppose to crank north offshore. Would be huge if so. Will still get hammered but not with Wall Wind. Still expecting 100 mph winds which I have experienced. Anything Cat 2 or less is just a good storm. 3 causes concern and 4/5 is "poop your pants"


    You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

  29. #29

    Re: Dorian

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Come on. I'll have my house with my son and daughter, or I will have a hotel room in Jackson. Your choice!
    If we lose juice for more than a day, we will exit north til we find 1) power and 2) a room


    You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

  30. #30

    Dorian

    Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Hey Doc! Guess who I saw on TV this morning from Stuart, Florida?
    Jim Cantore.......😁
    Saw that, a friend of mine down there just posted a photo of Cantore at the House of Refuge down towards the Bathtub.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •