Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1333

Re: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Saw Nomadland on Hulu last night. Very good and thought-provoking.

Frances McDormand carries the movie--not sure anyone else could. She was perfect. If anyone with 3 Oscars can be underrated, she's probably at the top of the list. Not glitzy, just strong in every movie she's in.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    They have a 7-day free trial; after that it's 4.99/month.

https://www.androidauthority.com/how...-free-1049103/

Easily watchable over 7 days (or a long weekend).
    I will try this when I think I have time. I already am irritated at myself...years ago, I cut the cord entirely. It was when we were traveling for soccer and volleyball, show choir, theatre, you name it, and we were rarely at home. Eventually started desiring basic cable again. Got it, then switched to YouTube TV for $50, and thought we were set. Now we have that at $65, internet is $100, Hulu, Netflix, DisneyPlus, I have a lifetime subscription to DroidTV, we pay for Amazon already I guess, my son tells me we have Sling or something like that, and probably more I have forgotten. So the "creep" up started and now I'm back where I used to be, and probably want AppleTV if/when I try it. "Dad, it's only $5." And so it goes...

^Yep, that's how they get you! By the time you're finished paying a la carte, you're paying more than a cable subscription.

We pay 80 for Internet, 65 for AT&T TV, 14 for Netflix and 1 for Starz (we're on a promo--we'll cancel at the end of the promo).

Son pays 8 for Disney+ and 12 for ad-free Hulu while he's living here (ends next week--the ethics of sharing password info can be problematic).

Plus we get HBO Max for free because of our Internet connection--if we were paying it would be 15/month, but we probably wouldn't have it, either.

And we get Apple TV+ for free because a year's subscription was included in Mrs. BEvans' iPad purchase. We'd probably pay the $5 to watch the Ted Lasso new season but I haven't seen anything else that interests me enough to pay for it.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Somewhere in this thread The Highwaymen was recommended. Good recommendation! Watched it today and was surprised how good it was. Especially surprised by the gruff Kevin Costner.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Somewhere in this thread The Highwaymen was recommended. Good recommendation! Watched it today and was surprised how good it was. Especially surprised by the gruff Kevin Costner.
    Big Costner fan. I will have to watch that for sure.

Yes I enjoyed that movie myself.
    Would recommend The little things with Danzel Washington and Malek.

Watching "In Harm's Way" on Roku Channel (free, with ads). Underrated John Wayne WW2 war movie with Kirk Douglas, Burgess Meredith and Patricia Neal. Also some good cameos from Carroll O'Connor, Slim Pickens, George Kennedy and about 10 minutes' worth of Henry Fonda.

May have been mentioned, but MindHunters on NetFlix is worth the watch…. Basically tells the story behind the inception of the FBI’s Behavioral Science Unit, and the development of criminal profiling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Notable Emmy winners:

--Best actor in a comedy: Jason Sudeikis, Ted Lasso

--Best actress in a comedy: Jean Smart, Hacks

--Best actor in a drama: Josh O'Connor, The Crown

--Best actress in a drama: Olivia Colman, The Crown

--Best comedy: Ted Lasso

--Best drama: The Crown

--Best limited series: The Queen's Gambit

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/2021-em...nominees-list/

He plays on Yellowstone as well. Getting up to season 4 shortly. I get it through YelIowstone but I think there's other networks that might carry it. (Speaking of Costner)
    Last edited by badrose; 09-28-2021 at 09:33 PM.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Just watched "If I Leave Here Tomorrow," a Lynyrd Skynyrd documentary, on Netflix. Deep dive into the band's short but notable history. Highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Just watched "If I Leave Here Tomorrow," a Lynyrd Skynyrd documentary, on Netflix. Deep dive into the band's short but notable history. Highly recommend.
    Watched it a few weeks ago. Tremendous and very revealing if you don’t know their story well. Almost like you were there the way it’s presented.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Yellowstone cleared up the aftermath of the multiple simultaneous attacks on the Dutton family in last nights season opener.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Ok guys, not sure anyone else here likes cooking shows, or Italy. But a great combination of both is the Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy.

Have really enjoyed the show so far.

I used to watch the Giada De Laurentiis cooking shows until she got a divorce and started hanging around with Bobby Flay.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    May have been mentioned, but MindHunters on NetFlix is worth the watch…. Basically tells the story behind the inception of the FBI’s Behavioral Science Unit, and the development of criminal profiling.

Definitely worth watching. Suppose to be pretty accurate.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I watch Giada De Laurentiis .
    Fixed that for you. Dang she is pretty.

New year of Dexter, New Blood started this weekend. Also enjoying American Rust. Both on Showtime
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Curious about Dexter, New Blood. I liked Dexter early but felt like it lost the theme well before the ending.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Curious about Dexter, New Blood. I liked Dexter early but felt like it lost the theme well before the ending.
    Yeah....jumped the shark when he got married. So far, New Blood is promising. His son comes calling so should be interesting how that progresses

PSA: Casablanca at 10 ET tonight on TCM:

https://twitter.com/NextOnTCM/status...25760558010369

The prequel to Yellowstone kicks off on the 19th should be a good one.

Well, Crap!

YouTube TV loses ESPN, ABC and other Disney channels in fee dispute.

Good time to switch.

Glad I didn't get Youtube TV.

Have Hulu with Live right now. Don't really like it, but don't have time to look for other options. Maybe over the holiday.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    The prequel to Yellowstone kicks off on the 19th should be a good one.
    Watched last night, looks promising. Jury is still out on a couple of actors that are portraying key characters.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Glad I didn't get Youtube TV.

Have Hulu with Live right now. Don't really like it, but don't have time to look for other options. Maybe over the holiday.
    I'm positive there are better options. But I hate switching. YouTube TV managed to reach an agreement one day later, so I probably will hang in for a while. I was going to switch today, though.

Thought the same but will watch for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Watched last night, looks promising. Jury is still out on a couple of actors that are portraying key characters.

Is anyone watching Dexter?

Band of Brothers currently airing back to back to back on History channel.

Some PBS stuff I like watching this time of year:

--Season 2 of All Things Great And Small premiered last week and it should still be available.

--New season of Finding Your Roots (a genealogy show) with Henry Louis Gates also premiered last week.

Both premieres should still be available via the PBS app or pbs.com.