Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Re: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

I'm truly embarrassed, b/c I didn't know that Tremors 6: A Cold Day in Hell was released on video. Going to watch it soon, hope it's good b/c IMO Tremors is right below Star Trek and Firefly as a sci-fi series. Star Wars would be ahead of it but Lucas really was so bad with the first three prequel movies they are worse than Tremors 4, which is the worst of the Tremors, so Tremors has to win out.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I'm truly embarrassed, b/c I didn't know that Tremors 6: A Cold Day in Hell was released on video. Going to watch it soon, hope it's good b/c IMO Tremors is right below Star Trek and Firefly as a sci-fi series. Star Wars would be ahead of it but Lucas really was so bad with the first three prequel movies they are worse than Tremors 4, which is the worst of the Tremors, so Tremors has to win out.
    What kind of media do you use?
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    It's about a female assassin in Europe who's about as cold-hearted as it gets and being tracked by a MI:5 agent who is also female and wanting a change of pace. I've enjoyed the first 4 eps and have found the plot approach kind of refreshing. The first episode will hook you. I would advise scheduling your recording starting next Sunday at 7AM and get them all at once and in order.
    I just downloaded the first four episodes from On Demand, I’m currently in the middle of the E1....

Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

What kind of media do you use?
    Well this one is on either netflix or something, so I can get it. I rarely use it but we have netflix and amazon prime, used to have hulu but dont' think we have it any more. Other half uses it a lot, but I don't.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Westworld!! Crazy happenings!!

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Tonight is the finale for Killing Eve.

I just did a marathon on Hitchcock movies. Rear Window, Vertigo, North by Northwest, Psycho and, The Birds in that order. It had been a long, long time since I'd seen any of them but I came away having enjoyed them all but this go-round it was North by Northwest that I enjoyed the most with Rear Window just behind it.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Likely depend on what you mean by "sexual assault". In that era leering at a pretty girl or even slapping her behind wasn't assault. Today it is. If one was looking up her skirt or put their hand up her skirt etc. that wouldn't shock me in that era either, and that's obviously not acceptable even then, but it's not the same in my use of the word as "assault". Should get the crap beaten out of you IMO, and back then that's how it was handled. Boyfriend/husband beat you up.

Given the nature of morality in Hollywood I'm sure this metoo thing is the very tip of the iceberg and that it was a LOT worse back then when studio execs and the power brokers had even more power over careers.

There have also been conflicting reports about their behavior generally, some saying it wasn't anything out of the ordinary for a movie environment (which probably means it was Caligula) and some saying it was insane and a huge problem. Probably was insane by our midwestern standards and probably not the worse Hollywood had seen by their standards. Their on location debauchery is legendary.
    Over the rainbow, a Carrie Fischer and Chevy chase film was a odd couple meds about the making of the wizard of oz. it involve dwarves behaving badly including one nazi spy. It was an animal house or police convention in DC for wildness

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Star Wars still number one for me. Saw Solo three times and will see it at least one more this week.

Firefly next. It is Star Wars with no jedi.

Enjoying Star Trek reruns and Colombo.

Some pretty cool tidbits regarding Lord of the Rings behind the scenes:

https://screenrant.com/lord-of-the-rings-bts-secrets/

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    Over the rainbow, a Carrie Fischer and Chevy chase film was a odd couple meds about the making of the wizard of oz. it involve dwarves behaving badly including one nazi spy. It was an animal house or police convention in DC for wildness
    I've seen that one. Chase made a whole bunch of questionable movies, that one has to be first.

Last edited by badrose; 06-11-2018 at 01:54 PM.

FYI Goliath season 2 is up for viewing on Amazon Prime video.

lol badrose, that was cool and very funky.

lol badrose, that was cool and very funky.
    Looks like they did one for A Fistful of Dollars as well.

There's a new series found on the Paramount channel called Yellowstone. It takes place in Montana and premieres tonight. Maybe bigsky can provide some insight...

From IMdB:

Yellowstone follows the Dutton family, led by John Dutton, who controls the largest contiguous ranch in the United States, under constant attack by those it borders - land developers, an Indian reservation, and America's first National Park. It is an intense study of a violent world far from media scrutiny - where land grabs make developers billions, and politicians are bought and sold by the world's largest oil and lumber corporations. Where drinking water poisoned by fracking wells and unsolved murders are not news: they are a consequence of living in the new frontier. It is the best and worst of America seen through the eyes of a family that represents both. Written by ahmetkozan

Hoping bigsky can shed some light on this.
    Last edited by badrose; 06-20-2018 at 11:55 AM.

There's a new series found on the Paramount channel called Yellowstone. It takes place in Montana and premieres tonight. Maybe bigsky can provide some insight...

From IMdB:

Yellowstone follows the Dutton family, led by John Dutton, who controls the largest contiguous ranch in the United States, under constant attack by those it borders - land developers, an Indian reservation, and America's first National Park. It is an intense study of a violent world far from media scrutiny - where land grabs make developers billions, and politicians are bought and sold by the world's largest oil and lumber corporations. Where drinking water poisoned by fracking wells and unsolved murders are not news: they are a consequence of living in the new frontier. It is the best and worst of America seen through the eyes of a family that represents both. Written by ahmetkozan

Hoping bigsky can shed some light on this.
    I’m eagerly waiting on Yellowstone tonight.

Plus I stumbled over a series on the Audience channel, Condor.

Kind of a spin on the bookSix Days of The Condor... and the movie spin Three Days of The Condor.

Last edited by blueboss; 06-20-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Not sure I can sit through more than a few, but all of the Space 1999 episodes appear to be on youtube.. Watched the first one where the nuclear dump site blows up and sends the moon hurdling into deep space.

For the time it was actually a big production budget, and I loved their "Eagle" flying ship design. Otherwise it had about the worst acting you could have put on the screen, which is tough to get b/c it was english and they have plenty of good actors to cast. The acting was even more wooden than I remember.

I'm re-watching Justified just to fill in time. A lot of actors from Deadwood appear in it.

I'm re-watching Justified just to fill in time. A lot of actors from Deadwood appear in it.
    Great series!!

I thought Yellowstone was decent enough to continue watching but it didn't exactly grab me. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give episode one a 6.8. I'll watch it a few weeks more and see how it goes.
    Last edited by badrose; 06-20-2018 at 10:50 PM.

A head's up, Luke Cage Season 2 starts 6/22 (tomorrow) on Netflix. I thought season 1 was good.

I thought Yellowstone was decent enough to continue watching but it didn't exactly grab me. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give episode one a 6.8. I'll watch it a few weeks more and see how it goes.
    I’d have to agree, bit of a slow start, but,there was a lot of ground to cover with the intros. Lots of back stories...

I recently watched a movie "Whiplash". If you like Jazz music, this is a good one. Its about a jazz drummer who goes to a music school and encounters a teacher with rather untraditional teaching methods.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Saw Luke Cage Season 2 was out, definate watch for me
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Doc, where did you find Whiplash?

Doc, where did you find Whiplash?
    I watched it on my "RVEAL" box but its likely on NETFLIX.

edit: Yes, its on netflix but DVD only. Isn't on their streaming service
    Last edited by Doc; 06-22-2018 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I’d have to agree, bit of a slow start, but,there was a lot of ground to cover with the intros. Lots of back stories...

Having Kelly Reilly on there definitely doesn't hurt.

Having Kelly Reilly on there definitely doesn't hurt.
    Not at all!! Plus the role she’s playing... wow!

Anybody catch the season opener of Preacher??

Just when you thought it couldn’t get more bizarre, it did.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Anybody catch the season opener of Preacher??

Just when you thought it couldn’t get more bizarre, it did.

I haven't been following it. I see it's starting it's 3rd season which is a good sign.