Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Re: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

As part of a Black History Month promotion they're doing, Sundance Channel showed all episodes of Roots yesterday. It had been awhile since I'd seen it, and I found it fascinating again. The first couple of episodes and the last episode were especially very good IMHO.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    As part of a Black History Month promotion they're doing, Sundance Channel showed all episodes of Roots yesterday. It had been awhile since I'd seen it, and I found it fascinating again. The first couple of episodes and the last episode were especially very good IMHO.
    I have all episodes downloaded to my phone ready to watch and I keep meaning to, but haven't done so yet.

All I remember about Roots was boobs 😊. I was just a kid and it was a pretty big deal lol. Of course that was before Skinamax.

I just started season 5 Homeland. Obviously I don’t know a lot about the inter-workings of the CIA but this series sure is entertaining. Crazy twists and turns, and I’m guessing the next three seasons there are a lot more in store.

Plus it really gets one thinking about what really goes on in the foreign policy world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Some of you probably remember this but I was in elementary school at the latest when I heard it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=o0mGFjAySTw
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Great grab, badrose. My Dad really liked Homer & Jethro.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Lots of good stuff on TCM this weekend: Singin' In The Rain, Annie Hall, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum, From Here To Eternity, Bull Durham and On The Waterfront, just to name a few.

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/weekly.html

Watching Messiah and it’s pretty good.

I just watched The Equalizer 2. It was fine. I love Denzel and I loved the first Equalizer movie but this one was short on plot and long on combat set pieces. I would re-watch (and have re-watched) the original, but wouldn't this one, I think.

Mrs. BEvans is very excited about the new season of Outlander premiering on Starz this weekend.

Briarpatch

A new series on USA network. Rosario Dawson is the main character whose sister was blown up in a car bombing. She's taking it upon herself to find out who's and why's. Strong character. So far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    Briarpatch

A new series on USA network. Rosario Dawson is the main character whose sister was blown up in a car bombing. She's taking it upon herself to find out who's and why's. Strong character. So far, so good.
    Agreed, USA has aired some pretty decent shows lately.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

DW and I went to see Downhill on Valentine's Day. Don't make our mistake. The trailer makes it look like a romantic comedy, but in fact it's a drama vehicle for 2 comedy actors (Will Ferrell and Julia Louis-Dreyfuss) who want to do something different.

It has a couple of jokey moments but overall it's kind of a serious exploration of a couple telling each other the truth about themselves. Not what we were looking for.

This might have been mentioned earlier in the thread but has anyone watched, "Parasite" yet? We absolutely loved it.
    ~Puma~

With the subtitles is it hard to follow the movie and stay engaged?

Watching Broadchurch, very good series.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Watching Broadchurch, very good series.
    Definitely. Saw all three seasons, will watch them again before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    With the subtitles is it hard to follow the movie and stay engaged?
    Nooooo. I am not one that is into foreign films with subtitles.

Without giving things away, it doesn't matter. Its barely about what is said. Some is in English.

All I can tell you is that its not just the best movie I saw this year...but its the best Ive seen in a few years.

And the movie just grows and grows until you get to the final act and you are literally just giddy with anticipation. You know what is coming and you don't even care.

Please, just watch it.
    ~Puma~

Broadchurch ended, man that was a really great series.
    Left me wanting to know how Mark and Beth were and did Miller and the head detective get together.
    Really good story lines and feel they could make more.

We watched Parasite last weekend. Enjoyed it, for the most part. Didn't expect the way it went. Good movie, but with the subtitles you HAVE to pay attention.
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Saw this tweet as I was perusing college basketball Twitter:

Capture 2-24-20 (2).jpg

https://twitter.com/TimSullivan714/s...67365840138247

I haven't read the book on which the movie's based, but would definitely recommend the movie. Very touching.

It also seems college bb writers, like college bb fans, are bored and ready for March.

Started the outsider tonight on amazon prime, enjoying the start excited to see how it turns out.
    Like Jason Bateman he does a nice job.

OK, I need some help because I can't remember the title of a movie based on a real story about some jerk (around 18 years old) who was such a jerk he was driven down to Florida by some contemporaries and thrown into a swamp or something similar. I think they made a movie about it. Anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    OK, I need some help because I can't remember the title of a movie based on a real story about some jerk (around 18 years old) who was such a jerk he was driven down to Florida by some contemporaries and thrown into a swamp or something similar. I think they made a movie about it. Anyone ?
    You sure you aren't thinking about some political election?

There's "Band of the Hand" but it was about 5 juvenile delinquents being tossed into the swamp to learn how to grow up.

A ton of Burt Reynolds swamp movies but none fit that description. Though I may go watch one now.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fargo is coming back April 19, FX Network.

New season of Better Call Saul is up on AMC. Recorded the first 3 and going to watch them today after UK beats Florida.

New season of Better Call Saul is up on AMC. Recorded the first 3 and going to watch them today after UK beats Florida.
    Hope you're not going to wait until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Hope you're not going to wait until then.
    Um, yeah...

Hey, turning on Better Call Saul!

Um, yeah...
    Lol! Love it!

Lol, that was a funny turn of events on two boards.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.