Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Blacklist on the other hand had a tremendous season and a great finale. One of the best shows I have ever watched, if not THE best.
    Blacklist is good series, and their “season” finales are completely unpredictable to keep the audience coming back for the next season.

The episodes, while they are very good storylines with the blacklisters, a lot of the main storyline is somewhat predictable. The whole deal with Red on death row was a stretch. My wife and her sister were freaking out actually thinking Red was going to be executed. I was like, they can’t kill off Red or the show dies. Kind of the same thing with solving the Elizabeth riddle, once that’s revealed there’s not a lot to keep the interest peaked.

This years season finale had another great “keep you coming back” twist. It’ll be interesting to see how they tie this latest twist into the main storyline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Blacklist on the other hand had a tremendous season and a great finale. One of the best shows I have ever watched, if not THE best.
    Great show. I I'm not as big of a fan of cliffhangers from one season to the next, though. I literally just finished watching it, and I did not see *that* coming. Wow.

Re: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

I watched Big Bang avidly through about season 10, then it just kinda left me or I left it. So it goes.

Never have watched more than a few minutes of GOT. But I really watch very few of the popular shows.

Right now I'm re-watching Mythbusters. All of them.\

I'll probably go back and pick up the last of Big Bang just to finish it out, not sure when.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Michael Mulvihill
    @mulvihill79
    With 13.6 million live viewers, the Game Of Thrones finale would have ranked 71st among all NFL games in live viewership last season.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I watched Big Bang avidly through about season 10, then it just kinda left me or I left it. So it goes.

Never have watched more than a few minutes of GOT. But I really watch very few of the popular shows.

I'll probably go back and pick up the last of Big Bang just to finish it out, not sure when.
    If I were you, I'd probably finish Big Bang since you got that much of it, just because I like to finish crap like that. But you finished the best parts of it already. Otherwise I wouldn't bother except for that nagging, "it's not quite done" thing yet.

Never watched GOT. I'm unlike my children, most citizens of the world, actually, and the concept of fantasy just never appealed to me. Yeah, Harry Potter, too. The whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I've never watched Game of Thrones but from what I'm reading on social media this morning it was not a great last season or great finale.

Reminds me of when I watched How I Met Your Mother for years, with the show really declining in its last 2 seasons, but I hung in until the finale because I'd invested that much time in it. And the finale really, really sucked.
    like you, I have never seen an single episode of Gang of Thrones. Could not name a single character if I had to.

Many TV series go too long and end with disappointment. For me the classic example is Dexter, but agree with HIMYM
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Im the opposite. I didn't start watching until season 5 or 6...opting to "binge watch" the first few.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Doc, I really liked Dexter till they killed off his wife. Don't know why but I think that was a turning point for me as he wasn't being pushed to "fit in" so much and be "normal" with a wife and family, etc. I watched for a while longer and it was still OK, but not quite the same. Like Big Bang I never did watch through to the very end.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Took my wife to see John Wick 3 tonight and it was pretty good. I'm hoping the next one will have a bit more plot and just a little less action.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Doc, I really liked Dexter till they killed off his wife. Don't know why but I think that was a turning point for me as he wasn't being pushed to "fit in" so much and be "normal" with a wife and family, etc. I watched for a while longer and it was still OK, but not quite the same. Like Big Bang I never did watch through to the very end.
    Much like GoT, Dexter got a little sloppy at the end. Michael C. Hall has, at times, shown interest in bringing back the show and Showtime seems willing to give it a shot. Leaving him isolated working in the timber business seemed lame at the time.

http://darklydexter.com/michael-c-ha...-for-season-9/

Anything good debuting this weekend in the theaters? I have a $50 gift card to our local theater that's burning a hole in my pocket, but I can't find anything both Mrs. BEvans and I would both like to watch. I'm really up for John Wick 3 but she decidedly is not, even though she likes to look at Keanu Reeves.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Anything good debuting this weekend in the theaters? I have a $50 gift card to our local theater that's burning a hole in my pocket, but I can't find anything both Mrs. BEvans and I would both like to watch. I'm really up for John Wick 3 but she decidedly is not, even though she likes to look at Keanu Reeves.
    Negotiate

Endgame is still playing, and they could use the financial support...

Killing Eve finale.... Whoa!!

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Killing Eve finale.... Whoa!!

Yep. Did not see that coming though I suppose we should have.

A heads up for CitizenBBN: The complete series of Firefly is available on Blu-ray for 19.99.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Firef...lu-ray/185882/

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    A heads up for CitizenBBN: The complete series of Firefly is available on Blu-ray for 19.99.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Firef...lu-ray/185882/
    Thanks. I may have to do that to get the really nice quality.

The Deadwood movie premieres tonight.

Watching an oldie. Silver Streak with Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor, the first of several collaborations. A ton of fun.

Following up with See No Evil,Hear No Evil.

Somehow I missed Ken Burns' "The War" documentary. Mrs. BEvans and I are watching it on Netflix and it's extraordinary.

I saw they're remaking "Midway" and it's coming out this fall. I don't usually like remakes, and Roland Emmerich directing it gives me pause, but I'm a sucker for just about anything WWII so I'm keeping an eye on it.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I just dusted off an old dvd copy of Foul Play with Goldie Hawn and Chevy Chase. I'd forgotten just how good it was. Can't believe there's no Blu-Ray version. Goldie is delightful!

On D Day, 2 obvious choices for viewing: Saving Private Ryan (especially the 1st act where they take the beach) and Band of Brothers Episode 2 where Easy Company drops in to Normandy.

A 3rd is probably The Longest Day, but sorry to say I haven't seen it so can't comment personally. If it's streaming I'm going to try to catch it.

On D Day, 2 obvious choices for viewing: Saving Private Ryan (especially the 1st act where they take the beach) and Band of Brothers Episode 2 where Easy Company drops in to Normandy.

A 3rd is probably The Longest Day, but sorry to say I haven't seen it so can't comment personally. If it's streaming I'm going to try to catch it.
    D-Day is available on blu-ray for $11.38 @ blu-ray.com. I've got the other two. I also have The Pacific. Spielberg was top producer for Band of Brothers along with Tom Hanks.

See IMDb for more info.
    Last edited by badrose; 06-06-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Patton is another good one. He was hard core.

The Longest Day is on tonight on TCM at 8:00pm est

Saving Private Ryan AMC at 7:00 est tonight

National Geographic Channel has D-Day documentaries on all night starting at 7:00 pm est

A Bridge Too Far is on at 6:00 pm Est on HDN

HBOW has been airing Band of Brothers Season 1 all day

Hey, Darrell, you can get No Time for Sergeants for 9.99 + shipping. It's a DVD. Andy Griffith and Don Knotts are in it and it's hilarious. It came out in 1958. https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/No-Time-...nts-DVD/12427/

I see that Stranger Things will return on July 4th on Netflix. I hope it's worth the wait. I hate it when you get hooked on a show and it goes on an extended sabbatical.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    Hey, Darrell, you can get No Time for Sergeants for 9.99 + shipping. It's a DVD. Andy Griffith and Don Knotts are in it and it's hilarious. It came out in 1958. https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/No-Time-...nts-DVD/12427/
    Very cool. Haven't seen that in forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Very cool. Haven't seen that in forever.
    I found it on a whim. Should get it today when I get back from my youngest daughter's high school graduation.