Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Re: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I will try to do so. Since I missed the start of GF1 already, I will pass tonight.

I love those kind of movies, too. There's no doubt I will enjoy it.
    Once again, I missed the start of GF1 by 30 minutes. I have it on, but I don't think I'll watch the rest of it now. I'll wait for a better time.

By the way, I can't remember if it was this thread that someone asked about whether I would recommend YouTube TV or not. At that time, I was having difficulty with YouTube TV in buffering and I said I would not recommend it at this point. Especially with the price increase, I thought that it was more frustrating than cable.

Well, guess what. My son educated me that it wasn't YouTube TV that was my problem. It was my old Roku TV that is a million years old and has a horrible wireless card built in, according to him. I bought a fire stick, installed it (okay, plugged it in), and the last week has been glorious. Not one single buffering event and everything just flies.

My apologies. What really struck me was when I was watching the Kentucky and Alabama football game. Everybody was talking about place that had occurred well before what I was seeing on the screen. Little did I realize that those little buffering events added up and by the time the game ended, I was many plays behind. I guess I could have fast forwarded through the television commercials, but I did not even realize I was behind because of the buffering.

In any event, I knew that there was some sort of problem with the TV when I stood beside it, was getting 150 Mbps on my cell phone, and 2 on the television. The fire stick has completely eliminated that problem.

BTW that buffering is in a lot of the fundamental software out there, both audio and video, which is causing me issues trying to migrate my live simulcast auction platform. I want real time broadcast even if quality suffers and even if you have to skip some audio to keep up, but almost everything is designed to buffer and deliver quality over maintaining time sync.

And older NICs or firmware can cause a lot of wifi issues. Usually not much to do but throw out the card and get a new one, or a new machine. Or in this case bypass it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

I’m bingeing through all three seasons of Yellowstone... when I get to the end I’m going to be mad that season four isn’t available until next spring/summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Where did you get the first three seasons Blue?

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Where did you get the first three seasons Blue?
    Paramount channel was showing them back to back to back so I set the recorder...I assume they’re available on demand as well.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Thanks

Tonight’s Johnny Carson episode is from 1975, the guests are Dean Martin, Bob Hope, Charles Neilson Riley, andZ Carol Wayne. This should be a good one...

Relatively big news, Warner is going to run its entire 2021 movie release slate with simultaneous release on HBO Max as well as theaters, starting with Wonder Woman 1984 on Xmas day.

that includes Matrix 4, but also the Dune movie and Peter Gunn's new Suicide Squad movie.

The days of movie theaters may be coming to an end.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Tonight’s Johnny Carson episode is from 1975, the guests are Dean Martin, Bob Hope, Charles Neilson Riley, andZ Carol Wayne. This should be a good one...

Quick update... Dean Martin was absolutely s@$)t faced. He mentioned leaving after the show to attend Frank Sinatra’s 60th birthday party. Not sure he made it.

Quick update... Dean Martin was absolutely s@$)t faced. He mentioned leaving after the show to attend Frank Sinatra’s 60th birthday party. Not sure he made it.

lol. You weren't kidding. I had to look it up.

part 2

lol. You weren't kidding. I had to look it up.

part 2

I’m still crying, they were wise to get Dean out of there before Carol Wayne came out.

They had several bleep moments. The Charles Nelson Reilly exchange was hysterical about how quickly the boat could “go down”/sink. Johnny cut Dean off and begged him not to comment...

Last edited by blueboss; 12-05-2020 at 08:00 AM.

that is embarrassing....
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Am currently watching the Reagans. Some things I was unaware of which the program clarified for me.

1) Reagan was a racist
    2) Reagan was a puppet to big business
    3) Reagan hated gays
    4) Nancy Reagan was really the one in charge
    5) States Rights was 100% about racism and anti-civil rights
    6) Law and Order is a code word for racism
    7) Reagan was a dolt

It was actually quite interesting in just listening to the spin. They had several of his staff peppered in with a multitude of detractors.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Good to see your handle badrose!

Has your email addy changed recently?
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 12-12-2020 at 09:27 AM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Good to see your handle badrose!

Has your email addy changed recently?
    Not sure. What do I have currently?

Put in the moderator board.
    Last edited by badrose; 12-12-2020 at 09:52 AM.

Sent you a PM
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, and Frosty The Snowman are on CBS tonight starting at 8:00... get the grandkids around the tv

TV Series no longer on the air that I have either started watching start to finish, or have already watched start to finish, from Season 1, episode 1:

* The Office
    * Cheers
    * Breaking Bad (I didn't watch any of it until the series had concluded)
    * Anger Management (wasn't great, but it was just good enough that I wanted to finish it)
    * Bones
    * Body of Proof
    * Boston Legal (never saw a single show until years after it finished)
    * House
    * Monk
    * Friday Night Lights
    * The Good Wife
    * In Plain Sight
    * My Name is Earl (Help me, I loved that stupid show. Man, it was dumb.)
    * Parks and Recreation
    * Nurse Jackie
    * Seinfeld
    * Warehouse 13

In the future:

* Becker
    * Dawson's Creek
    * Dexter
    * Mash (maybe. I don't care for the political undertones, but used to enjoy the comedy geniuses. We'll see. Been a long time since I've seen any of them)
    * Private Practice
    * The West Wing (maybe)

You guys have any suggestions for mindless TV shows to watch when I have insomnia, or it's Sunday night and I just don't feel up to watching anything current, or a replay of a ballgame? I posted that so you could get a little idea of what I like. And FWIW, current shows are pretty similar, I think...I do love Fargo, The Blacklist, All Rise, Better Call Saul, etc., but I'm talking about older shows now. Not necessarily 40 year old shows, but shows that went off the air 5-15 years ago for sure.

TV Series no longer on the air that I have either started watching start to finish, or have already watched start to finish, from Season 1, episode 1:

* The Office
    * Cheers
    * Breaking Bad (I didn't watch any of it until the series had concluded)
    * Anger Management (wasn't great, but it was just good enough that I wanted to finish it)
    * Bones
    * Body of Proof
    * Boston Legal (never saw a single show until years after it finished)
    * House
    * Monk
    * Friday Night Lights
    * The Good Wife
    * In Plain Sight
    * My Name is Earl (Help me, I loved that stupid show. Man, it was dumb.)
    * Parks and Recreation
    * Nurse Jackie
    * Seinfeld
    * Warehouse 13

In the future:

* Becker
    * Dawson's Creek
    * Dexter
    * Mash (maybe. I don't care for the political undertones, but used to enjoy the comedy geniuses. We'll see. Been a long time since I've seen any of them)
    * Private Practice
    * The West Wing (maybe)

You guys have any suggestions for mindless TV shows to watch when I have insomnia, or it's Sunday night and I just don't feel up to watching anything current, or a replay of a ballgame? I posted that so you could get a little idea of what I like. And FWIW, current shows are pretty similar, I think...I do love Fargo, The Blacklist, All Rise, Better Call Saul, etc., but I'm talking about older shows now. Not necessarily 40 year old shows, but shows that went off the air 5-15 years ago for sure.
    Arrested Development is a good one for mindless yet at times suble humor.

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, and Frosty The Snowman are on CBS tonight starting at 8:00... get the grandkids around the tv

I learned the cloud DVR that comes with AT&T Now isn't a true DVR. They blocked recording of Frosty and Rudolph so you could only watch it live, which we couldn't.

I'm guessing it has something to do with some rights agreement with CBS, but it's still annoying. And one reason why I'm buying physical media more often.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Arrested Development is a good one for mindless yet at times suble humor.
    I will add that. Have never seen it, so that makes it perfect.

Warehouse 13? I didn't know you were a man of such refined taste and breeding.

That's a hugely underrated scifi show. One of my favorites.

Not in the same genre but I'm about to cue up Mythbusters and watch it from end to end. Still sad they retired from it.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Warehouse 13? I didn't know you were a man of such refined taste and breeding.

That's a hugely underrated scifi show. One of my favorites.

Not in the same genre but I'm about to cue up Mythbusters and watch it from end to end. Still sad they retired from it.
    I haven't watched that much of it, but it's in my rotation from start to finish. I have enjoyed it.

Mythbusters is one I've seen that I forgot to include. After some time, they'll go back on the rotation again, but it will probably be another couple of years.

I loved My Name Is Earl until (spoiler alert! ) they sent him to prison. Didn't watch much after that.

Darrell, if you like Cheers and Parks & Rec I think you'd like Kim's Convenience and Derry Girls on Netflix. Both are very funny and easy to get in and out of.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I haven't watched that much of it, but it's in my rotation from start to finish. I have enjoyed it.

Mythbusters is one I've seen that I forgot to include. After some time, they'll go back on the rotation again, but it will probably be another couple of years.
    Some of the better character development in scifi, especially for female characters. You don't find a lot of responsible roles for women in scifi. Myka and Claudia are great characters and very well acted. They have Jamie Murray (wont' spoil how for those who haven't seen it, but it's a brilliant twist on feminism), and of course C.C.H. Pounder is great as Mrs. Frederick.

Then they bring in Jerry Ryan and Kate Mulgrew, both great characters in Star Trek and great actresses, along with a host of others.

It's a cool premise. I think later they had to rush through some of the things b/c they knew they were on borrowed time with the Syfy network (asshats), but still a great concept.

BTW I did watch Dexter. I loved the beginning, but it fell off for me over time.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    BTW I did watch Dexter. I loved the beginning, but it fell off for me over time.
    Yes...once he had a kid, they jumped the Shark.

Shameless has done the same (jumped the shark). I was a huge fan of that show due to the edge and pushing the boundaries. No longer. Glad this is the last season because this one is horrible.