Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    Suits is about big shot lawyers. It started out with a kid faking his way into a firm (so far as not going through law school) by using his photographic memory and hard work ethic which eventually paid off with the real thing. But he's gone now. I'm a creature of habit so I'll hang in a bit to see how it goes. Suits comes on right before The Sinner.
    I may have to watch that. I don't watch TV shows on TV, though. I'll watch them all on my phone DroidTV. I typically try to wait at least two episodes, which limits the cliffhanger teaser frustration issues for me. Plus it's nice and efficient to watch two 1 hour shows back to back in only about 85 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Anybody been watching the2nd season of Preacher??

No words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What type of show is it, in general? In your explanation, I would appreciate it if you would use words, however.

Re: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

The Preacher is on AMC, I believe there are only 1-2 episodes left for season 3.

It is, to say the least, bizarre.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preacher_(TV_series)

By the way, I misspoke, they’re on season 3.

It has a pretty high IMdB rating at 8.1 Does Netflix or something similar carry past seasons?
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Anticipating the world premiere of Sharknado 6 tonight @ 8 pm on Sci fi network. I mean if Sharknado 5 wasn't enough sharks in a tornado for you......

Currently getting hyped with Sharknado 2. Not much beats seeing Kelly Osbourne getting her head chomped off. Wonder what B listers will be offed in the newest sequel
    Last edited by Doc; 08-19-2018 at 11:16 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I watched some of The Preacher, didn't follow it though, as I dont' really get in front of a TV often. I thought it had great potential, wasn't sure if it was going to be realized. Could easily jump the shark with that kind of premise.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Oh, and I love how "jump the shark" became a phrase and I was alive when it was born and actually watched it as it happened.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

^^^^Happy Days was an 11 year ride and truly ran out of material. It was a fun ride though.

Pretty good movie Mrs. BEvans and I just watched on Netflix: The Guernsey, based on the book "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society." It's about an author in post-war England who learns about a WWII resistance group acting under the cover of a book club in Guernsey, one of the Channel Islands occupied by the Germans during the war.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Slender Man: 3 out of 10.

I can be entertained at anything 2 or above, but irritated if I pay for it at anything below a 5. Pretty weak movie on the whole.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Oh, and I love how "jump the shark" became a phrase and I was alive when it was born and actually watched it as it happened.
    That is kinda cool, when you think about it.

I remember that episode, and thinking how incredibly stupid it was, it almost made me angry. It was the perfect episode to establish that phrase.

^^^^Happy Days was an 11 year ride and truly ran out of material. It was a fun ride though.
    Actors got too old to play high school-ish age students, too. But it was one of my favorite shows at the time.

Noticed Ex Machina is on Netflix now. Superb special effects and creeped me out for days afterward lol.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

I finished up binge-watching the HBO series, Deadwood yesterday. It had been awhile since watching it. Very crude, but great storytelling and the cast is superb.

Forgot to add that the characters and plot are loosely based on actual history.
    Last edited by badrose; 10-14-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Watching The Travelers series now. Cant believe I overlooked this gem.

I love how the characters develop from episode to episode. Just the way you would imagine in such a fictional scenario.

I believe its the best of the time travel shows.
    Last edited by kingcat; 08-21-2018 at 05:38 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Rupp's Runt

Who was watching Yellowstone? Are you still liking it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Who was watching Yellowstone? Are you still liking it?

I’m still watching, it’s pretty good. Just when you think it’s going to get predictable, it doesn’t.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

I’m still watching, it’s pretty good. Just when you think it’s going to get predictable, it doesn’t.

Thanks. I'm on a western kick. Or I'm just tired of political shots on my super hero stuff. Not sure which. May start this one this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    That is kinda cool, when you think about it.

I remember that episode, and thinking how incredibly stupid it was, it almost made me angry. It was the perfect episode to establish that phrase.
    Definitely the perfect episode. Jumping the shark was bad, doing it with him in that leather jacket was just a 2 ton pile of icing on the top.

I wonder how long it will last in the lexicon. I don't know if kids today still use it or not. I guarantee few have seen the show.

Anybody watch the Sons of Anarchy series?

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Wow!
    i just read that Deadwood, the movie, will start production in October and the movie will hit in the spring on HBO. The absence of Cy Tolliver, played by Powers Boothe, will not go unnoticed. Otherwise there will be no recasting of any roles.

Wow!
    i just read that Deadwood, the movie, will start production in October and the movie will hit in the spring on HBO. The absence of Cy Tolliver, played by Powers Boothe, will not go unnoticed. Otherwise there will be no recasting of any roles.

I look forward to this...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Watched the Travelers series through it's second and final season. The last show was a terrible excuse for an ending.
    I get the impression they were caught off guard and tanked the finale purposely.
    Awful to waste such potential. Yet, I understand the actors must have been frustrated after developing their characters so skillfully.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I've got a couple of oldies on the way. Deliverance and McLintock!

Love McLintock...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Just watched Semi-Tough on Vudu for free. I'd forgotten how funny it was. Can't believe it's been 41 years...

The 2017 edition of Murder on the Orient Express is showing on HBO. I understand it's not as good as the original but a fun watch nonetheless.

Movie quotes!

Very creative! (sort of)

Very creative! (sort of)
    I actually thought he was a little reserved, so I'm kinda in your ballpark. Nice idea, but probably could have executed it a little better . Still fun.

Rupp's Runt

My 4 year old girl wants to watch a "grown up" series with me. She likes super hero stuff, but I've only let her watch cartoons so far. Anything she and I can watch together? Flash? Is that safe?