Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1333

Re: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

I caught a couple of shows last night I had never seen before, "Louisiana Law." I thought it was going to be like a COPS kind of thing, but instead, it was Louisiana Wildlife Enforcement. Sort of a cross between COPS and "Swamp People." I enjoyed it, but I don't know if it's the kind of thing I'm going to enjoy long-term or not. I mean, there's only so many times they can do the same thing before it will bore me: get a guy for not having a fishing license, confiscate his catch and give it away to someone, catch someone taking someone else's crab trap, catch someone night hunting (guy shot a deer decoy), catch a guy for not having a harvester's license on a boat, catch someone who was not releasing immature female crabs (kind of icky, really, hearing them talk about virgin crabs), and catch someone carrying a deer across state lines. I think that's all I saw. As I said, I found it interesting and enjoyed it, but I don't know how long I can enjoy it unless they have different things that pop up.

Then again, if Swamp People happened to be on TV when I'm flipping channels, I'll guar-ON-tee I'll watch that for a spell. So maybe I will continue to enjoy it.

Just finished "Don't F**k with Cats". I was expecting something far different! Expecting a comedy, not a documentary on the tracking and apprehension of a murderer! Still, I would recommend
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Also "Stranger Things" has new season coming out May 27th
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Watched two more episodes. Still not bored with it. Added a few more storylines--guy who shot two does the day before (they had to hide out in the woods to catch him home), someone who failed to have the kill switch for a boat motor attached to his wrist while boating, who had caught a monster catfish, cited four guys in a wildlife management area who were harassing other hunters who were using "their" blind (it's a public hunting area; no such thing as private ownership, even if you built the blind), guy who shot a deer from a roadway--lengthways down the road, like where houses and cars were behind if he missed (he didn't), overloaded boat nearly capsizing, tracked down an elderly man in the marshland who got lost hunting and his cell phone ran out of battery power, and a small charter boat guy without his licenses--for the 2nd time that summer. Also a guy who took his nephew out with him to help him with a school project on what it takes to be a game warden/wildlife officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Just finished "Don't F**k with Cats". I was expecting something far different! Expecting a comedy, not a documentary on the tracking and apprehension of a murderer! Still, I would recommend
    Sounds like when I went to see Terry Gilliam's Brazil expecting comedy. Uh,.... no.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Final part of Ozark is out.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I just watched The Equalizer 2. It was fine. I love Denzel and I loved the first Equalizer movie but this one was short on plot and long on combat set pieces. I would re-watch (and have re-watched) the original, but wouldn't this one, I think.

Mrs. BEvans is very excited about the new season of Outlander premiering on Starz this weekend.
    Started watching Outlander. Took and episode and a quarter.to peak the interest. Flad I hung with it though. Looks good

Started watching Outlander. Took and episode and a quarter.to peak the interest. Flad I hung with it though. Looks good
    It was a great show.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    It was a great show.
    Just finished season one. The prison rape episode was a bit much!!!!

Sort of a 50 Shade of Grey meets Game of Thrones

The 18th century was more than a little rapey if you go by this show. Seems everybody in this show gets it at one point or another, some more than once.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I'd go see it even if every critic hated it, but Top Gun 2 is 97% on Rotten Tomatoes:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/top_gun_maverick
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I'd go see it even if every critic hated it, but Top Gun 2 is 97% on Rotten Tomatoes:

Oh, wow.

We watched Top Gun (Saturday?) when we were flipping channels. I'm a sucker for rewatching those shows when I run across them on regular TV (even though I have the DVD sitting a few feet away). Probably the 10th time I've seen it. Looking forward to Top Gun 2, and glad to see such great reviews of it.

Just finished season one. The prison rape episode was a bit much!!!!

Sort of a 50 Shade of Grey meets Game of Thrones
    I saw what was coming (no pun intended or I'd spell it differently) and I fast forwarded past that clip at 32 times speed.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

This is how weird I am.

I have watched almost none of the shows discussed here, though there are a few I want to catch. But for whatever reason I have been for years completely retro in my music and TV viewing.

I am slowly (maybe once a month watching an episode or two) watching House again. I love Hugh Laurie both from his Blackadder and Hugh and Laurie days, and as House.

But mostly while I work I need things not too distracting, and since I once again have opportunity to cook now and then, I am watching youtube cooking videos.

Some are newer people who are 100% youtube creations, but I have discovered that old PBS stations like KQED that produced So much public TV when we were younger have put up a ton of it on youtube.

So I'm watching Jacques Pepin, arguably the father of cooking shows, and the marvelous Julia Child (harder to find), most definitely the mother of all cooking shows.

Despite being the source of much humor (the Dan Akroyd bit playing her on SNL is IMO one of the very funniest SNL skits), she is actually a remarkable woman. For those who don't know she is a true American hero to start, having worked in WWII and after for OSS, the precursor to the CIA, and was a fairly senior staff member in Pacific operations with Top Secret clearance. During that time she actually created a shark repellent formula for the military that is still used today by the US Navy. No joke.

Then when she retired from that position is when she went to study at Cordon Bleu, and thereafter through some happenstance started her cooking show. But she had a very respectable and successful career before she became the Grand Dame of American cooking shows.

Pepin is in the same league, one of the best chefs ever.

They are so much more pleasant to watch than modern cooking fare. First I want to actually LEARN things, not all that BS drama, and second they are pleasant, affable, nice people. I have no desire to watch angry people screaming and acting like 6 year olds who need a spanking.

Among current chefs my personal favorite is Alton Brown. Again he teaches principles, and is an affable person.

Just some random thoughts as I work on a report watching Julia on the other monitor making classic french onion soup.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 05-29-2022 at 02:35 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

My brother and his significant other went to see it yesterday and said it was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    This is how weird I am.

I have watched almost none of the shows discussed here, though there are a few I want to catch. But for whatever reason I have been for years completely retro in my music and TV viewing.

I am slowly (maybe once a month watching an episode or two) watching House again. I love Hugh Laurie both from his Blackadder and Hugh and Laurie days, and as House.
    )
    If you have Prime, make sure you catch Why Didn’t They Ask Evans?, which he wrote and acts in.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

He stars in a show on Hulu as well that ran 2-3 seasons that I really liked. The show is called chance.

I've heard of Chance, haven't seen it. Hadn't heard of Why Didn't They Ask Evans?.

I may get around to them some day. I watch little TV, and little that can't work with me working while it's playing. I have Prime and Hulu but don't use them much. Maybe someday.

I may queue up some Blackadder however. Maybe III this time, with Laurie as the Prince Reagent.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

I have only seen him as House, but I am also a big fan. I have spoken about the app I have on my phone,DroidTV, which is where I watch 99% of my non-sports television. A few years ago, I began exactly what you are doing – watching every episode of House from the very first episode to the very last. Even though I had seen some of the episodes before, it was very enjoyable to watch, and I will probably do that again in another year or two.

Off the top of my head, I have watched every episode of the following shows exactly that way:

30 Rock
    Backstrom (only one season, though)
    Blacklist (ongoing)
    Body of Proof
    Bones
    Boston Legal
    Breaking Bad
    Broadchurch (3 seasons, really enjoyed this British detective drama)
    Castle (ongoing-never saw it originally)
    Criminal Minds
    Fargo
    Friday Night Lights
    Good Behavior
    House
    The Mentalist
    The Middle
    Monk
    Nurse Jackie
    Parks and Recreation
    The Practice
    West Wing

I have also watched just some favorite episodes, random episodes, hitting or missing depending upon mood of many others like: Weeds, Warehouse 13, Two and a Half Men, That 70s Show, Storage Wars, Sherlock (maybe all), Seinfeld, Rookie Blue, The Office, Married with Children (I still enjoyed that show, but it's not as funny as when it first came out-I think it had more shock value back then), MASH, King of the Hill, The King of Queens, In Plain Sight, Get Smart, Community, Cheers, and probably a bunch of others. I skimmed through the Classic TV listings to find this, but some of them are on the Prime time, so I skipped those.

Anyway, watching those shows, commercial-free, at random times and on my telephone where I always have it, and almost always have a set of Bluetooth headphones with me, is how I do my television thing, and have for years.

All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

I’m in season four of a Better Call Saul binge-a-thon. I started watching while I was recovering (see Covid thread).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 05-31-2022 at 07:10 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Just finished The Last Kingdom. One of my all-time favorite Netflix shows.

Seeing Top Gun 2 in Imax tomorrow. As Ellis "Red" Redding put it, "I find I'm so excited that I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head." Can't remember the last time I was this fired up to go to a movie theater.

Seeing Top Gun 2 in Imax tomorrow. As Ellis "Red" Redding put it, "I find I'm so excited that I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head." Can't remember the last time I was this fired up to go to a movie theater.
    I simply loved TLK.

I enjoyed Last Kingdom, it’s worth a watch.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I just finished watching Beforeigners on HBO/Max. Very highly recommended.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

I’ve been watching The War, a Ken Burns documentary on WWII.

By the way, today is D-Day + 28,470

I went in with high expectations for Top Gun 2 and it exceeded them. Top-notch action sequences and I loved the callbacks to the first movie. A+

Rupp's Runt

Seems like everyone is loving Top Gun

Sad news for us Ted Lasso fans: this coming season will likely be the last:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1533887752231608321

If you like documentaries and football check out Texas 6, covers a team from Texas seeking to win three state championships in a row in 6 man football.
    The coach is intense but you can tell he cares about his players.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    If you like documentaries and football check out Texas 6, covers a team from Texas seeking to win three state championships in a row in 6 man football.
    The coach is intense but you can tell he cares about his players.
    What channel