Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Re: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

The walking dead and fear the walking dead are really not about the zombies they are more about the people and how they survive each day looking to the future and soon beyond the walking dead will start.

All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I've never seen an episode of Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead. So you and me, Doc, at least on GoT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Never seen Walking Dead either
    Me makes three for both.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    The walking dead and fear the walking dead are really not about the zombies they are more about the people and how they survive each day looking to the future and soon beyond the walking dead will start.
    Heck, I didnt know the zombies were just support characters.

Kind of like Freddie was in "Nightmare" since the movie was more about the perils of sleep deprivation.

(jk)

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Figured locked up for 2 months, might as well.....

Game of Thrones. Probably only person who has never watched it. Episode 1 and I am trying to figure out who is who. Only guy I know is the dwarf. Everybody else looks the same
    I loved Game of Thrones except for the finale. Seemed rushed, but I'll probably go back and watch the whole thing again sometime.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Figured locked up for 2 months, might as well.....

Game of Thrones. Probably only person who has never watched it. Episode 1 and I am trying to figure out who is who. Only guy I know is the dwarf. Everybody else looks the same
    Never watched it. Not really on the list. Don't have time to get into something that deep. I'm already storing detailed files on Star Trek, Star Wars, Dune, Dr. Who, etc. My space is about full for such things.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I have seen some of the Walking Dead. Well done show no doubt, but I didn't really want to jump in with both feet.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Schitts Creek any good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Schitts Creek any good?

If your facing upstream

Last edited by kingcat; 04-07-2020 at 07:30 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Perfect.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Perfect.

As you can tell I havent watched SC. Im finishing season two of Deadwood and concerned I'm actually becoming one of the characters.

It's either the best Western Ive ever seen, or a cesspool of filth, violence, dirty language, and unwarranted nudity and lasciviousness. I dont think I can make my mind up until I've watched every episode they can barf out.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    As you can tell I havent watched SC. Im finishing season two of Deadwood and concerned I'm actually becoming one of the characters.

It's either the best Western Ive ever seen, or a cesspool of filth, violence, dirty language, and unwarranted nudity and lasciviousness. I dont think I can make my mind up until I've watched every episode they can barf out.
    For me it’s the best western I’ve ever seen “with” all of the other things you mentioned.

Gritty, I’d call it.

Tried Deadwood and never finished but sounds like I need to start it again.
    Kicked off Hunters today.

I'm making use of the free HBO Go/HBO Now this month and watching the last season of Silicon Valley, a Mike Judge comedy. That show cracks me up.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Watched 1917 this morning. A "Saving Private Ryan" from WWI. Had to watch with captions due to the english accents
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Is Silicon Valley worth watching?

Schitts Creek any good?

Schitt’s Creek is funny as hell once you get used to the low key, sardonic humor.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Season 3 of Killing Eve starts tonight. It’s on BBC and AMC at 9:00 pm est.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Schitt’s Creek is funny as hell once you get used to the low key, sardonic humor.
    Which is a style perfect for Eugene Levy. No surprise it came from him and his son. SCTV was rife with such humor, and Levy was arguably the most low key of them all.

I haven't watched it, but it's on the list just to see how Levy does in it.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Is Silicon Valley worth watching?
    I think it's funny as hell but you have to like Mike Judge "Office Space"-type humor.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Watched 1917 this morning. A "Saving Private Ryan" from WWI. Had to watch with captions due to the english accents
    It was an amazing movie and the parallels with Saving Private Ryan were definitely there. And agreed on the subtitles. We watch a fair bit of PBS Masterpiece and we always watch it with subtitles because they don't speak American.

There's a good documentary on Amazon Prime right now: "Standing In the Shadows of Motown," about the guys who played on the big Motown hits of the 60s. Many have passed, but many are in the documentary, talking and performing live.

OK, I need some help because I can't remember the title of a movie based on a real story about some jerk (around 18 years old) who was such a jerk he was driven down to Florida by some contemporaries and thrown into a swamp or something similar. I think they made a movie about it. Anyone ?

I think this was what I was referring to:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0242193/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Closing in on the end of Deadwood but it’s turning out like driftwood.

Started Bosch tonight, have enjoyed the first few episodes.

Anybody watch the Showtime series Billions? There are currently four seasons with a fifth season to start in May.

I’ve been binging on season 1, pretty good stuff centered around hedge fund companies and the US Attys office trying to keep them in line, loosely based on true events.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billions_(TV_series)

Well finished Deadwood the series and movie, not a favorite.

New season of The Last Kingdom premieres this weekend on Netflix! Yes, that gets an exclamation point--I'm pumped.

So worth a watch?

Heck yeah! It's historical fiction set in England around 900, during the Viking invasions. Think of it like Game of Thrones without dragons or incest.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Heck yeah! It's historical fiction set in England around 900, during the Viking invasions. Think of it like Game of Thrones without dragons or incest.
    Sounds like they took out the best parts...