Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Re: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

^I'd forgotten about the series and something reminded me just a few days ago. Looked everywhere to find it on line but no luck. The price for the entire series is a steal compared to buying the seasons individually. As sci-fi goes it's pretty good.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Discovered that Prime has all the old seasons of Warehouse 13 the other day. It’s thru IMdb (which Amazon owns) so there are commercial breaks but it’s really not bad. I watched the first four episodes yesterday lol.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Discovered that Prime has all the old seasons of Warehouse 13 the other day. It’s thru IMdb (which Amazon owns) so there are commercial breaks but it’s really not bad. I watched the first four episodes yesterday lol.
    One of my 4-5 absolute most favorite shows. Love Warehouse 13.

Great, great show. Real characterization, strong female roles, not too serious but serious enough.

The end felt rushed, but they knew they were running out of time to complete story arcs so I don't blame them. Spread it to 7-8 seasons and I think it would have been just superb.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    All six seasons of Justified is on Amazon Prime for free.
    Loved the whole series, but season 2 is one of the best of any show.
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Grimm is another show I enjoyed. Watched it with one of my daughters. I may revisit soon.

All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

AMC’s, Terror Infamy started pretty slow setting up the back story. It’s up to the second episode and it’s still coming together, but I think here’s what’s going on...

Some Japanese immigrants who settled on Terminal Island apparently did something horrible to a woman from the village they fled. The spirit/ghost has followed them from Japan, the twist is Pearl Harbor just got attacked, so the immigrants are not only being haunted by this woman, but they’re dealing with being Japanese after the attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

^Can't wait.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    ^Can't wait.
    ditto

The latest Halloween movie turned out to be a great sequel. Worth a watch.

Just watched an interesting movie. MOON, from 2009 staring Sam Rockwell. Pretty good flick if you have not seen. Good story, good acting
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I was listening to a Rewatchables podcast this morning (guest host Aaron Sorkin) and they were breaking down "Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid." May be a perfect movie--hard to think of a foot placed wrong. That's one I can always jump in whenever I find it on TV and just ride along with it.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I forgot how good Fargo is. I'm rewatching the first season now, and it's really good. I guess it appeals to my sense of dark comedy drama.

^^Marge Gunderson: Say, Lou, didya hear the one about the guy who couldn't afford personalized plates, so he went and changed his name to J3L2404?

Lou: Yah, that's a good one.

Mr Mercedes season 3 starts up Tuesday 10:00 pm est on Audience

Mr Inbetween season 2 starts up Thursday 10:00 pm est on FX

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Some good stuff coming out on PBS in this month. Ken Burns has a new documentary series (Country Music) starting on the 15th. And if you're into Poldark, the 5th (and sadly, final) season premieres on the 29th.

(And if you haven't seen it and you're looking for something binge-worthy, Poldark's a good one and the first 4 seasons are available on Prime streaming.)
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 09-09-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    ^^Marge Gunderson: Say, Lou, didya hear the one about the guy who couldn't afford personalized plates, so he went and changed his name to J3L2404?

Lou: Yah, that's a good one.
    😊

I'm now in season 2. Blitzed through season 1, now really enjoying acting performances from Ted Danson in the serious role and others.

I was noodling around on IMDB and ran across the entry on Martin Brest. He had an interesting career: he directed Going In Style, Beverly Hills Cop, Midnight Run and Scent Of A Woman, all really good movies. Then he did a bad one (Meet Joe Black), a horrible one (Gigli) and he's disappeared. No one knows what he's doing now or have heard from him.

More in this blog entry:

http://dirk.knemeyer.com/2010/10/10/...-martin-brest/

I'm not sure how many directors have done really good work, a couple of bad ones and then dropped out. I wanted to say Michael Cimino, but he still directed 5 more movies after Heaven's Gate. Anyone else?

Beverly Hills Cop, Midnight Run and Scent Of A Woman

I've got these.

I just watched Mother! on Prime. It looked vaguely interesting with Jennifer Lawrence playing the lead but wow. Total garbage. You have been warned.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    I just watched Mother! on Prime. It looked vaguely interesting with Jennifer Lawrence playing the lead but wow. Total garbage. You have been warned.
    Yeah, cant believe I sat through it either.

One I just watched that I believe was really good is Annihilation
    Starring Natalie Portman, Jennifer Jason Leigh..
    Someone described it (as below) and were pretty much spot on..dont know if I really liked it as much as I am just glad I watched it. Eerily entertaining with action scenes that catch you a bit off guard.
    Horror, stirred and not shaken. And I vividly remember every scene. That's what I find unusual.
    Strangely and unlike me, I had dreams that I was certain were becoming nightmares all night after watching it. But like the plot of the movie itself, Im just not sure that ever developed. That in itself was a little unnerving.

"Annihilation's underlying themes, innovative sci-fi scheme and strong performances from Portman and cast leave audiences befuddled yet mesmerized at the complexities and even the ambiguity of its conclusion"
    Last edited by kingcat; 09-22-2019 at 09:45 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Mrs. BEvans and I saw the Downton Abbey movie (don't judge me) Saturday night. I'd say it was 2 hours of good fan service. Felt a lot like the extended Christmas specials they did--not a whole lot that was ground-breaking, except seeing the familiar scenery on the big screen. But fans of the series will thoroughly enjoy it, IMHO.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 09-23-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Anybody been watching the Ken Burns documentary, Country Music on PBS?

I think I’ve seen all of Ken Burns specials, this might be the best one yet. I have to say country music isn’t my favorite genre in music, but the names showcased in this series are all phenomenal, pure musicians/song writers.

I can’t help think, this documentary is going to inspire some young minds to strike out on a musical path.

It’s got me thinking maybe I ought to go get out my guitar and start working on some calluses...

Last edited by blueboss; 09-24-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Watching it and loving it, blueboss. Just finished the episode covering 1954-1963. Thing is, I've been watching it after 9 pm so I've fallen asleep during parts of it, so I'm probably going to go back and rewatch just to make sure I don't miss anything.

The segment on Ring of Fire was interesting: basically it made the point that June Carter wrote the song about the affair she was having with Johnny Cash. Then Johnny recorded the song written by the woman with whom he was having the affair on which the song was based. And if that wasn't meta enough, he then had the woman with whom he was having an affair and wrote the song about having the affair sing background vocals on the song. Mrs. BEvans knew Johnny Cash was not an angel but that was too much for her. "You know, Johnny Cash was not a nice person." Well, no, not exactly, but he got it straight eventually, which is part of the story, too, and Americans love redemption stories.

I am binge watching Netflick's FASTEST CAR. Is pretty good. Each week 3 competitors take on a Supercar (Mclearan, Ferrari, Tesla, etc) in a quarter mile drag race. All the competitors have home built cars that most look like POS but are freaking fast. One might be a "drifter", another a street racer, another a drag racers, etc...... Show goes thru the backgrounds of the contestants then they race. Season 2 is a 7 episode series where the winner each week goes to the finals, ie 6 cars in a race off 1/4 mile. The winners are quite surprising! Definitely one to watch if you enjoy "car shows" like Wheeler Dealer, Fantomworks, etc that you might see on Motor trend TV. There are some smoking fast cars that look like absolute junk. I have not seen season 1 yet (started with season 2 as it just was released) but season 2 was real good. Watched all 7 episodes in a day and a half.

I will add that I picked the exact order of finish in 4 of the 6 prelims and the 2 I didn't get I was off by 2 cars (flipped the first and second place cars)
    Last edited by Doc; 09-24-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Watching it and loving it, blueboss. Just finished the episode covering 1954-1963. Thing is, I've been watching it after 9 pm so I've fallen asleep during parts of it, so I'm probably going to go back and rewatch just to make sure I don't miss anything.

The segment on Ring of Fire was interesting: basically it made the point that June Carter wrote the song about the affair she was having with Johnny Cash. Then Johnny recorded the song written by the woman with whom he was having the affair on which the song was based. And if that wasn't meta enough, he then had the woman with whom he was having an affair and wrote the song about having the affair sing background vocals on the song. Mrs. BEvans knew Johnny Cash was not an angel but that was too much for her. "You know, Johnny Cash was not a nice person." Well, no, not exactly, but he got it straight eventually, which is part of the story, too, and Americans love redemption stories.
    Just to add on to the “Circle Be Unbroken” episode, amongst other things,
    the one that blew me away was Chris Christophersen. I had no idea about his background in the military, and being a Rhodes Scholar. I knew he had written quite a few songs but again, I had no idea of the number of songs he wrote. Plus resigning his commission and moving to Nashville after hearing Johnny Cash at the Grand Ole Opry.

Looking forward to tonight, 1973-1983

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Just to add on to the “Circle Be Unbroken” episode, amongst other things,
    the one that blew me away was Chris Christophersen. I had no idea about his background in the military, and being a Rhodes Scholar. I knew he had written quite a few songs but again, I had no idea of the number of songs he wrote. Plus resigning his commission and moving to Nashville after hearing Johnny Cash at the Grand Ole Opry.

Looking forward to tonight, 1973-1983

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001434/..._=nm_ov_bio_sm

Ken Burns country music documentary wrapped up tonight with the 8th and final episode. If you missed it, you did just that.

Country music was never my first, second, or even third or fourth choice in genres, but my appreciation for music kind of kept me in tune (pun) with country, bluegrass and honkytonk. Growing up in KY, country music is always just there, so at least it’s familiar whether your a fan or not.

This documentary, IMO was the best eight part series of anything I’ve ever watched. Keep your eyes peeled on your local PBS stations for rebroadcasts, and set your DVRs. I can’t imagine anyone being disappointed...

Motherless Brooklyn Maybe something to watch for...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385887...1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Anybody catch Pennyworth on the EPIX channel?