Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Re: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I watched a silly youtube video last night (wee hours, I do that a lot on my 2nd monitor) about the Making of the 80s film "Krull". Great concept, lousy execution. Lost a bunch of money.

Anyway, I had no idea where that cast ended up.

The lead guy actually was Commander Eddington on DS9. I had no clue. Have seen DS9 through at least 10 times. Never registered. Doesn't look at all like him to me, maybe a little, but not much.

But the big star that was in that movie was Liam Neeson, who played one of the thieves who joined the quest. there were 3-4 other British actors who all ended up as pretty well known comedic or character actors, but Neeson blew me away, I never put it together. Very early role for him.

Oddly Kevin Bacon wasn't in it.
    Another movie with British actors who would later go on to big careers: "The Bounty" (currently available to stream on Prime). Mel Gibson and Anthony Hopkins were the big names, but Liam Neeson and Daniel Day-Lewis had minor roles as crew members.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    Please advise. Do you like it, love it, regret it...? Does one work for all TV's in the house?
    I like it. It is just like any other Roku except it does 4K and has all the bells and whistles. Like a headphone jack, and the remote finder feature. I bought it for my projector. My projector is a faux 4K (most still are faux) so it is not quite as good as a TV, but the 4K content looks amazing on it. I will say that I could not see a big difference, if any, with Netflix content. I upgraded my Netflix to 4k to see, but I moved it back down. However, when I watched some 4K content from YouTube, I was very impressed.

Would I buy one? Only if I was looking to buy a new Roku. I wouldn't upgrade just to be upgrading, but I'm not one that is super picky on clarity. My brother got that gene but even he couldn't tell much difference with Netflix. If you have a TV that up converts already, I'm not sure you will tell a big difference on streaming content.

There's an app, JustWatch, that lets you see what's streaming based on what services you have (Netflix, Hulu, Prime, etc.). Just downloaded last week, pretty cool so far.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Rupp's Runt

All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

https://fox17online.com/2019/01/10/s...lled-the-wall/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    https://fox17online.com/2019/01/10/s...lled-the-wall/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    now all we need is some firemen who burn down houses with books and we're all set.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

"Murder Mountain" on Netflix. Marijuana in Humboldt County CA and so many "missing persons."
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

If you haven't checked out True Detective season 3 yet you need to. It's a little darker than season one but it'll keep you interest. The first two episodes are up now.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

If you haven't checked out True Detective season 3 yet you need to. It's a little darker than season one but it'll keep you interest. The first two episodes are up now.
    Watched them both last night... looks to be really good.

A bit tricky to follow with the multiple era flash blacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Netflix prices going up...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...ns/2578957002/

Honestly, there's not a lot I watch on Netflix anymore. I like "The Crown", "Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee" and "Somebody Feed Phil." But we watch a lot more on Amazon Prime, which is "free" with Prime subscription.

We'll probably continue with Netflix, at least for a little while longer, but I could also see us just re-upping when those shows have a new season and then cancel after we've watched them. That's what we do with Starz because Mrs. BEvans is a big Outlander fan. We subscribe for the new season and then cancel after that.

Netflix is raising the rates to fund its push into original programming. It was reported by The Economist last year that the company was spending between $12 billion and $13 billion on original programming in 2018, releasing popular films such as "Bird Box" and "Roma" as well as new seasons of TV shows like "13 Reasons Why," "Orange is the New Black" and "Marvel's Daredevil."

I did a search this morning looking for something good to watch on Netflix and found very little that looked interesting.

^I'm that way, too. They're basically carpet-bombing with new programming, but I look at a lot of it and my reaction is "Meh." Guess I'm not their target demographic.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 01-16-2019 at 07:49 AM.

Rupp's Runt

Netflix is investing a lot to produce more original content because they are possibly going to lose a lot of content with the Disney streaming service. I think it was like 12 billion invested in original content. Amazon is also investing in original content as well. I think It was more like 5 billion.

I'm currently watching Evil Under the Sun based on the Agatha Christie novel. There were a few of those made back in the early '80's. I plan to watch a few of them. Evil Under the Sun features the character Hercule Poirot.
    Last edited by badrose; 01-15-2019 at 02:26 PM.

^^^^Here's a link to the IMDb page. Lots of familiar names in the cast.

Just flipped the channel after the Kentucky game and after getting tired of watching North Carolina play Notre Dame and found Saving Private Ryan on network television. The commercials are kind of annoying, but it's almost better because it allows me to absorb what I saw and recover.

Saw this movie with three Buddies when it first came out. I remember the entire audience being silent as they walked out of the movie, it was so compelling.

Great great movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Just flipped the channel after the Kentucky game and after getting tired of watching North Carolina play Notre Dame and found Saving Private Ryan on network television. The commercials are kind of annoying, but it's almost better because it allows me to absorb what I saw and recover.

Saw this movie with three Buddies when it first came out. I remember the entire audience being silent as they walked out of the movie, it was so compelling.
    It was the same way at the end of American Sniper when I watched it. Some things just can't be put into words.

I was that way with Smokey and the Bandit.

(try to get this thread back on a happier note... )
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I was that way with Smokey and the Bandit.

(try to get this thread back on a happier note... )
    Dirty Rotten Scandals is next on my list. I've see it a few times but it's been awhile.

Best quote from Sharkey's Machine

Arch: Sharky...

Sharky: Yeah?

Arch: When you find him, you got to put him down.

Sharky: I'll put him down!

Arch: Put his ass in the ground, you hear me?

Sharky: Yeah.

Arch: I'm talking about burying him and putting a stake through his f.....
    g heart, because he's not real.

Sharky: I hear you, Arch!

[Sharky leaves]

Arch: Sharky... Hey, Sharky!... I think I ruined a perfectly good jacket.

For the Chicago Cubs fans here I ran across this: If this was the Reds I'd be all over it.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Chica...lu-ray/174362/

Rupp's Runt

Any YouTube original stuff? Other than Cobra Kai.

I’m doing a do over on Deadwood, I haven’t seen it for several years. Really, really, good.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

If you liked the movie Crazy Rich Asians (I did--fun date movie), they're running the DVD/Blu Ray/Digital Copy combo pack for $9.99 on Amazon today:

https://smile.amazon.com/Crazy-Asian...asians+blu+ray

Deadwood: the movie will be coming out in a couple of months so here's some info:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4943998/?ref_=nv_sr_2

https://www.hbo.com/deadwood/movie-what-to-know-so-far

Watched a couple of British sitcoms recently:

--Edge of Heaven, about a family running an 80's-themed B&B in a British seaside resort town--saw it on Amazon Prime;

--Derry Girls, a show on Netflix about a Northern Irish town in the 90s with the main characters a group of teenage girls and their families.

Edge of Heaven has only 1 season--apparently it ran in 2014 and was cancelled. Derry Girls has had 1 season of 6 episodes and picked up for a 2nd season, yet to appear on Netflix.

Anyone still watching The Blacklist? Season 6 has been great so far. I hope there will be a Season 7 but I can't find any evidence of it just yet. It's one of the best shows on network television.

Anyone still watching The Blacklist? Season 6 has been great so far. I hope there will be a Season 7 but I can't find any evidence of it just yet. It's one of the best shows on network television.
    I have it stockpiled on my Droid TV. I typically binge watch two or three episodes at a time, so I have not started yet, but will soon. I basically trying to make sure that I have two episodes available when I stopped watching, so that I don't run the risk of having a cliffhanger and not being able to watch it immediately thereafter. Even though a lot of The Blacklist episodes are self-contained in that one episode, some of them do spillover.

I ran across this video which, at least in part, why movies are not as good as they used to be. There's a lot of bleeping to cover up the some bad language but the overall message is to the point.

http://www.cracked.com/video_20291_5...ing-worse.html

The Walking Dead is back, resuming season 9 after the mid season break. Episode 9 was on last night but I haven’t watched it yet. Apparently there’s a crazy new twist for the bad guys (not the walkers).