Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

President Trump giving us everything we need

My opinion? This will be handled a million times better than Katrina. I have a lot of confidence this is an area where President Trump's administration will shine under his leadership.

I'm not one of his favorite Republicans, but watch this horrific catastrophe be addressed in the weeks and months to come in the best possible way. There will be wobbles, as anything like this that affects millions, but when the water retreats and the rebuilding and healing occurs, I think we will see a great response.

Re: President Trump giving us everything we need

Because he will bypass the beaucracy
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Karina was a cluster for a few reaons...

1) Louisiana and New Orleans are not well organised communities

2) this was the first major domestic storm and crisis DHS had to deal with

That can't be underestimated

Applaud Kelly and others I'd hey are moving fast to help folks

Disregarding red tape or has people who knows what needs to be done ? I say it is more about having good military people in key places and learning from he Katrina tragedy.
    Last edited by UKHistory; 08-27-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Another reason is many of the permanently displaced residents of New Orleans now live in Houston. They've seen this movie before.

Add that NOLA is 10 feet below sea level so you can't wait for the water to receed. You have to first fix the levies then pump it out. There is no other option.

Second is the corruption that is NOLA.

Third is Houston is a far more prosperous city. A large percentage of LA is not well off financially. Texas has more financial resources
    Last edited by Doc; 08-27-2017 at 11:58 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Great points about corruption and poverty. And seal level. But Boston can't handle 5 inches of rain let alone 3 feet

Just not designed

But DHS. Ring 12 years older can't be underestimated. I am familiar with their internal structure and they are much better organised today than in2005.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    Great points about corruption and poverty. And seal level. But Boston can't handle 5 inches of rain let alone 3 feet

Just not designed

But DHS. Ring 12 years older can't be underestimated. I am familiar with their internal structure and they are much better organised today than in2005.
    Absolutely! They learned a lot with Katrina. The criticism was deserved, the changes needed. It was too bogged down, so much that nothing could get done. Those are the times you need somebody who just says do it and do it my way. Sometimes it might not be the most efficient or best way but it will ALWAYS be better than doing something by committee with 15 (or 150, or 1500) people involved in making a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Because he will bypass the beaucracy
    And be accused of being a tyrant when he does it. lol

Fortunately Texas is going to be better organized, or should be, so then it's just the feds meeting those needs, not the feds in there deciding what is needed and what to do.

Stick to that and they should be fine. Local sheriffs and officials will know what they need, just provide resources as quick as possible.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 08-27-2017 at 09:03 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.