Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Catholic California school removes alienating statues of Mary, baby Jesus

Catholic California school removes alienating statues of Mary, baby Jesus

Reading the story, and trying to read between the lines, I'm guessing they are concerned over enrollment. 80% of the school is non-Catholic, but still, this appears bizarre. Who do they think they are offending?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/25...s-statues.html

Unforgettable

Re: Catholic California school removes alienating statues of Mary, baby Jesus

Its not a Catholic School any longer, its just another liberal private school

It is much like Georgetown covering up religious statues or symbols when Obama wanted to speak there, they were a Catholic University that were embarrased for being Catholic. Much like Harvard has a building with plaques on a huge wall and each one celebrates any Harvard grad who died in that war except those that fought for the south.

Rupp's Runt

The Catholic Church is reaping what it has sown over centuries of aiding & abetting criminal behavior.
    It has tolerated and hidden reprehensible deviant activities for far too long, but now that the chickens have come home to roost there needs to be changes that go too far in the other direction?
    Of course, you have to realize also that just like American society, the Catholic society has its share of libtards and other assorted "social justice" sympathizers as well, and a Communist element too. All you have to do is listen to them talk. They'll admit who and what they are without ever actually coming out and saying it. Just like their brethren in American society. And throw in the fact that the liberal Jesuits are in charge of the Papacy right now and you can see the direction the Catholic Church is moving in.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    The Catholic Church is reaping what it has sown over centuries of aiding & abetting criminal behavior.
    It has tolerated and hidden reprehensible deviant activities for far too long, but now that the chickens have come home to roost there needs to be changes that go too far in the other direction?
    Of course, you have to realize also that just like American society, the Catholic society has its share of libtards and other assorted "social justice" sympathizers as well, and a Communist element too. All you have to do is listen to them talk. They'll admit who and what they are without ever actually coming out and saying it. Just like their brethren in American society. And throw in the fact that the liberal Jesuits are in charge of the Papacy right now and you can see the direction the Catholic Church is moving in.
    I hope I don't step on anyone's toes here but the Catholic Church was basically a continuation of the Roman empire, even adopting the same structure as before with the Pope essentially taking the Emperor spot and so on down the line. Rife with corruption.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Rupp's Runt

bad, absolutely no offense taken. And I concur to a certain point. Truth be told, there is corruption in any religious organization. It doesn't matter which one, pick one. They're all subject to a certain amount of corruption because people are involved.
    And I'm not being cynical, it's the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    bad, absolutely no offense taken. And I concur to a certain point. Truth be told, there is corruption in any religious organization. It doesn't matter which one, pick one. They're all subject to a certain amount of corruption because people are involved.
    And I'm not being cynical, it's the truth.
    Originally, all churches were autonomous so if a local church went off the rails it didn't contaminate the others and each local church had its own plurality of elders who met the requirements so there was no single elder to oversee a church by himself. Each elder had to be married and with children which translated well when overseeing their particular flock. All of this helped to keep corruption at bay. If corruption took place it remained local so as not to contaminate the rest. There are still churches who follow that outline.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.