Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Trump pardons Sheriff Arpaio

Mr. Rule of Law President just pardoned a racist Sheriff who was ordered by a federal court not to engage in racist, unconstitutional profiling--and he did, was tried, convicted, removed.

And now pardoned.

These things are not good, boys and girls. I know a little about this kind of area. These things are not good. Total and complete contempt for the law.

Re: Trump pardons Sheriff Arpaio

B A L D E R D A S H.....W E ..M U S T ..F O L L O W ..H I M !

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I did not follow the Sherriff Arpaio case but based on recent rulings, I certainly do not have anywhere near the respect for the courts rulings I once did when it comes to their definition of racism etc......
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

The left didn't bat an eye when BHO pardoned 160 racist terrorists, but all of a sudden this is ground zero for racism. The hypocrosy is atrocious.

Action is receiving bipartisan criticism and should.

Apparently he checked with Sessions before the sheriff was prosecuted to see if he could stop the prosecution before it began.

Sessions advised wouldn't be wise. Or abuse. Or something like that. Something fairly reasonable.

Good background here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...9f5_story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I'm not going to pass judgement on the case yet, I don't know enough, but with this President I don't take bipartisan opposition as having any real meaning b/c Trump was elected on an agenda that is nearly as much at odds with the GOP establishment as it is with the Democrats.

Many in the GOP disagree with Trump on immigration and fear alienating Hispanics. Politically they'll oppose this move b/c it's the political move they think is best, it doesn't tell us much about the merits.

It tells us the move is politically likely unwise, as it will appeal to Trump's core base but not many others, but this case was always about politics. He may have been guilty of what he did, maybe not, but the Obama DOJ brought the charges where no doubt they have overlooked other equally serious violations of the law that happened to benefit their view of how things should be, like not notifying ICE of holding illegals they would want detained, etc.

So I see this as just politics as usual. Obama went after a guy who was rounding up illegals by profiling Hispanics, Trump will now go after cities who are trying to shield them from the law. If the situations were reversed no doubt Obama would have gone after the cities and Trump would have prosecuted Arpaio. It's just politics b/c a real adherence to the law would probably go after them both.

Doesn't make Trump right, just all part of the same hypocrisy to me.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

to me, Arpaio enforced the law when the federal government would not. Politics at play. I understand why he was prosecuted, and I also understand why he was pardoned.
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I'm not going to pass judgement on the case yet, I don't know enough, but with this President I don't take bipartisan opposition as having any real meaning b/c Trump was elected on an agenda that is nearly as much at odds with the GOP establishment as it is with the Democrats.

Many in the GOP disagree with Trump on immigration and fear alienating Hispanics. Politically they'll oppose this move b/c it's the political move they think is best, it doesn't tell us much about the merits.

It tells us the move is politically likely unwise, as it will appeal to Trump's core base but not many others, but this case was always about politics. He may have been guilty of what he did, maybe not, but the Obama DOJ brought the charges where no doubt they have overlooked other equally serious violations of the law that happened to benefit their view of how things should be, like not notifying ICE of holding illegals they would want detained, etc.

So I see this as just politics as usual. Obama went after a guy who was rounding up illegals by profiling Hispanics, Trump will now go after cities who are trying to shield them from the law. If the situations were reversed no doubt Obama would have gone after the cities and Trump would have prosecuted Arpaio. It's just politics b/c a real adherence to the law would probably go after them both.

Doesn't make Trump right, just all part of the same hypocrisy to me.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Joe had a tent city jail for folks arrested who could not make bail. People died there awaiting trial.

One man who was tortured there was a parapalegic who needed a catheter to urinate. The deputies restrained than man in a chair for six hours injuring him pretty bad.

Joe referred to this outdoor holding pen as his own concentration camp. One might say he was kidding

Police really should not joke about having their own concentration camp.

Phoenix paper has detailed stories

Not a good decision. Frankly an immoral one

85 year old men can be criminals.

Bad day for justice in America.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

If a policeman pulls you over to check your papers and the only reason is the colour of your skin, that is a problem. It is a civik rights issue.

If he arrests you and treats you poorly while incarcerated that is a crime too.

You judge a society by how it treats its felons and Jose in jail.

Some people are sick and evil. Others are not. Under the law all people should be treated humanely.

Joe is a pig and a disgrace to badge he wore.

I can only tell you about what affects my employer in Arizona and New Mexico. Car theft in those 2 states are the highest in the US. Not to mention the drug and human trafficking that occurs due to the porous border in those 2 states.
    I know many of the cars stolen in Arizona cross the border at Nogales, some even at the actual border crossing because the driver has legit credentials, I've seen the video in claims that I have had to handle. (maybe faked documents, not sure).
    The failure to control the border there results in crime that local law enforcement had to deal with in epic proportions.
    Arpaio dealt with it. You may not like his approach, but the failure of the Feds to control the border caused a lot of problems in his jurisdiction and because he dealt with it he was prosecuted due to it. In my mind he was an easy political target, and also an easy political pardon for Trump.

Unforgettable

Not like his approach? Sheriff joe violated people's civil rights. Call me picky but The Bill of Rights and the concept of probable cause means something to me

If you got stopped and harassed you might think differently. I know people, law abiding US citizens who won't drive in certain areas after dark. Not because of crime but because of police.

I read about how Joe's prisoners were treated. I read about their conditions incarcerated in his tent jail. How his department failed to follow up on allegations of sexual assault in the community.

i am not sure he got the job done.

Unforgettable

Trump disregarding a courts findings and pardoning this guy couple with his very public recommendation to rid the senate of arcane rules that require deliberation and compromise, go to support my position that trump is the single greatest threat to the Republic. He is the Imperial President who wants to make make America his personal Empire. He has no regard to the rule of law.

He is a villain. A dastardly villain who may prove a democracy's greatest threat always lies from within.

And you would get a very lengthy legal argument over what illegal aliens have as "legal" rights. Like I said, failure to control the border created this problem. I didn't tie it to Obama because it existed before him with Bush, with Clinton etc.

Unforgettable

I agree that border security has been an issue that has not been properly addressed.

We as a nation said all people in this country must be treated humanely. That all people have rights even non-citizens.

It makes our system superior to other countries.

I differentiated between human rights and legal rights. He was fair game for violating civil rights. However, he was prosecuted for enforcing law against illegal immigrants by the prior administration.
    Last edited by Catonahottinroof; 08-27-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    Trump disregarding a courts findings and pardoning this guy couple with his very public recommendation to rid the senate of arcane rules that require deliberation and compromise, go to support my position that trump is the single greatest threat to the Republic. He is the Imperial President who wants to make make America his personal Empire. He has no regard to the rule of law.

He is a villain. A dastardly villain who may prove a democracy's greatest threat always lies from within.
    They really don't support it at all in my view.

First, every President has pardoned people. Obama pardoned convicted murderers and convicted terrorists, Clinton pardoned numerous felons. Arpaio was convicted of a misdemeanor. The other stuff may be bad and may not be (he was re-elected many times while running the jail the way he ran it and honestly abuses occur in every jail whether stone or tents), but it wasn't really applicable to this case.

Obama pardoned a man who killed people, was behind dozens upon dozens of terror attacks in the 1970s, and he's out leading parades as a hero. So no I don't think pardoning an 85 year old man who was going to serve no more than 6 months for a misdemeanor crime is any evidence of being "the greatest threat to the Republic" when put in the context of Presidential pardons.

But I will admit I do love watching those on the Left complain about the "Imperial President" thing after covering Obama's executive excesses for 8 years.

Obama repeatedly threatened to act without Congressional approval, and expanded the role of the bureaucracy in pushing his agenda when Congress wouldn't pass laws. Has Trump tried to shift the balance of powers between the branches? I haven't seen it. This one pardon is completely within his power, and every President has used it. No Constitutional risks here at all.

Respect for the law? Really? Obama's AG refused to cooperate with a Congressional investigation, there were numerous massive coverups of wrongdoing and we're still seeing lawsuits just to get the information from these agencies, he used the EPA and others to vastly expand federal authority and control without the approval of Congress or the People, and your'e telling me Trump has no respect for the law?

what has Trump done, specifically with his policies or executive orders that has so undermined the law?

It's all a matter of perspective. I could take your post and cut and paste one just like it from jazy or suncat or others here they made about Obama just a year ago. Same exact arguments and perceptions.

Oh, and as for Senate rules it was Harry Reid who started us down the path of eliminating Senate rules to get things done, and arguably Trump is right as many Constitutional scholars think the Senate has become too bogged down with procedures and rules that prevent even the smallest of actions. I'm more for government inaction than anyone I know, but it's gotten so bad they can't even get people confirmed to run the government now. They did it to Obama which is why Reid changed the rules, and the Dems are doing it now to Trump. It has become absurd.

Trump has nominated 40 people for the judiciary and b/c of the delays there are now more vacancies than when he took office in January. One of them was delayed for months by the dems, the guy was originally put on the bench by Obama, and in the end the Senate voted unanimously for his confirmation. UNANIMOUS. But the Dems still insisted on delaying it as long as possible in order to clog the system and slow down nominations generally.

At some point the government does have to function a little, and the Senate has become arcane to the point of absurdity. Google on the "blue slip" courtesy they are observing for judicial nominations. It's not even a rule of the Senate and they're using it slow things down. I hate government but they do have to be able to do at least a little bit of something.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    This one spent more time attacking Trump than discussing the pardon, which comes as no surprise.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy4Blue View Post
    The left didn't bat an eye when BHO pardoned 160 racist terrorists, but all of a sudden this is ground zero for racism. The hypocrosy is atrocious.
    They also didnt bat an eye when the charge to Apario came 2 weeks prior to the election but they sure made a HUGE issue about the release of Hilary's info 2 weeks prior, claiming how inappropriate it was and how it cost her the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

Apparently he checked with Sessions before the sheriff was prosecuted to see if he could stop the prosecution before it began.

Sessions advised wouldn't be wise. Or abuse. Or something like that. Something fairly reasonable.

Good background here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...9f5_story.html
    IMO that was the correct way to go. He should not have interferred as that isnt his responsibility . However he does have pardon powera to whomever he sees deserving.

As for congressional criticism, like I care what these a-holes think. They can't do their job so why the hell are they criticizing the job he is doing? Maybe if they spent less time worrying about the optics of Trump and more about doing what the electorate sent them to Washington to do them maybe I'd give a crap, and maybe they would have an approval rate that wasnt skirting single digits

Joe had a tent city jail for folks arrested who could not make bail. People died there awaiting trial.

One man who was tortured there was a parapalegic who needed a catheter to urinate. The deputies restrained than man in a chair for six hours injuring him pretty bad.

Joe referred to this outdoor holding pen as his own concentration camp. One might say he was kidding

Police really should not joke about having their own concentration camp.

Phoenix paper has detailed stories

Not a good decision. Frankly an immoral one

85 year old men can be criminals.

Bad day for justice in America.
    If that is accurate then be should have and likely would have been charged with something other than contemp for violating a court order...unless the Obama administration decided to give him a pass. That always a possibility.

PS- please note the sarcasm

If a policeman pulls you over to check your papers and the only reason is the colour of your skin, that is a problem. It is a civik rights issue.

If he arrests you and treats you poorly while incarcerated that is a crime too.

You judge a society by how it treats its felons and Jose in jail.

Some people are sick and evil. Others are not. Under the law all people should be treated humanely.

Joe is a pig and a disgrace to badge he wore.
    Last time we drove thru Arizona (last summer) we were stopped several times. I'm not latino nor is any member of my family, but I think my car was made in Mexico. They asked for my driver liscense which I produce, and then went on my way. In Arizona, they stop EVERYBODY at the roadblocks, of course that doesnt sound as outragous as "where are your papers?" which involkes 1938 Nazi Gemany. Some might claim a roadblock as unreasonable or no probable cause, and that might float but they stop everybody and ask everybody so its not as presented
    Last edited by Doc; 08-27-2017 at 10:40 AM.

The courts finding was ingoring a court order (contempt). There is nothing concerning anything else.

Within 100 miles of the border, ICE and border patrol can roadblock and check for a multitude of things. Check YouTube and see the video proof of what happens when you are uncooperative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Last time we drove thru Arizona (last summer) we were stopped several times. I'm not latino nor is any member of my family, but I think my car was made in Mexico. They asked for my driver liscense which I produce, and then went on my way. In Arizona, they stop EVERYBODY at the roadblocks, of course that doesnt sound as outragous as "where are your papers?" which involkes 1938 Nazi Gemany. Some might claim a roadblock as unreasonable or no probable cause, and that might float but they stop everybody and ask everybody so its not as presented

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Within 100 miles of the border, ICE and border patrol can roadblock and check for a multitude of things. Check YouTube and see the video proof of what happens when you are uncooperative.
    So don't be uncooperative. You can elect to be a dick to somebody doing their job or you can be polite and show your license. Hey, its annoying but why take it out on the agent doing their job and what he was told to do? Granted I didnt like the road block and I wish I didnt have the inconvenience of it. If i lived near one it would be particularily annoying however Im sure those who do are recognized by the agents and get waived thru routinely. But when you have states and cities that tolerate illegals then there have to be means to identify and remove them.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    And Id suggest that if we didnt have so many illeval aliens in this country already, people given sanctuary status by certain states and municipalities, and we had adequate border security, then perhaps roadblocks 60 miles inside the country would not be needed. If we treated people who broke the law and sneaked into this country and ignored our immigration laws as the crimminals that they are, then maybe we could claim our country back.

The SCOTUS ruled checkpoints were legal. If those manning them are overstepping their authority then that need to be addressed. If Americans want.to change the laws then elect people who are for it but hopefully they can find an alternate and more effect method of identifying and ridding this nation of illegals.
    Last edited by Doc; 08-27-2017 at 07:14 PM.

Persoanally, I would question the effectiveness of these interior checkpoints. I wonder how often they turn up any illegals. As a permenant location, it seems an illegal with even the lowest IQ would be smart enough to avoid them. Ditto for people moving contraban.

As a resident of a city like Tombstone AZ which has one right outside, it might be nice from a security standpoint, almost like a gaited community that discourages "riffraff" and illegals who might pilfer jobs from local citizens, but as far as capturing any, I doubt they make any impact at all

Edit to add: apparently there are 33 of these permenant internal checkpoints which resulted in a mere 1,800 "interdictions" (I believe over a 3 year period). Likewise it seems that only the one listed above has had issues which seems more a management issue
    Last edited by Doc; 08-28-2017 at 07:02 AM.

A good number of the people Obama pardoned were terrorist and cocaine dealers. The guy Trump pardoned crime amounted to contempt of court. If this concerns people and what Obama did with the people he pardoned I would wonder about people's convictions.