Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

"Trump Dump" Friday: Arpaio pardon, transgender ban, weird Gorka disappearance

....all the while Hurricane Harvey batters Texas.

Good timing, Mr. President.

Re: "Trump Dump" Friday: Arpaio pardon, transgender ban, weird Gorka disappearance

The pardon was done to bury it in the news cycle. We'll see if that comes back to bite him. if he stays 100% on the hurricane from here out he'll likely be OK with it, if not it will be one of several distractions cited. But that was my first thought as well. Bury it next friday over the long holiday weekend would be much much more strategic.

The transgender ban was already out there, don't see that hurting, and not sure what's going on with Gorka but outside the beltway no one will care on either side. 95% of Americans have no idea who works at the White House other than Trump.

But I agree with the point. Trump needs to stay all in on the hurricane and be seen as managing that situation. He could get a lot of good image out of this just be appearing to care and be engaged, or he could look like Nero playing a tune.

Since it's a no brainer to stay on the hurricane and as easy as pie to do, I expect Trump to mess it up, lol. I see the pardon as the biggest potential blowback on this one, but the hurricane is already Cat 4 and will quickly be all the focus.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: "Trump Dump" Friday: Arpaio pardon, transgender ban, weird Gorka disappearance

I almost wonder if Trump didn't do it to bait the media into talking about that while he now talks 100% about the storm, making them look obsessed, etc.

I doubt there is anything that Machiavellian at work here. Really doubt it. But if he really does stay on message for the next 3-4 days maybe I'm wrong. I won't be wrong. This is just Trump being Trump, operating without a rudder.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

God's was one of the main U.S. first people Trump had,strange.