Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Current leader for "dumbest thing of the year" award - or how ESPN may be a tad weird

Current leader for "dumbest thing of the year" award - or how ESPN may be a tad weird

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...rals-name.html

They moved the color guy for the Virginia football game b/c his name is "Robert Lee". he's Asian American, thus the Lee name, a very common one in the Asian community of course.

I don't know if this shows the ESPN bias we have debated on here, or just their foolishness. Was anyone going to really notice or care about this guy's name, esp. since he's Asian?

How absurd. I didn't post it to rip into ESPN per se, though I think this is just silly, but I did find it funny how touchy people are becoming. Now if it's ESPN being touchy or if they are right and people really would be silly enough to care I'm not sure.

FWIW I agree with Greg Guttfeld on his show, who said it is like an Onion story.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Current leader for "dumbest thing of the year" award - or how ESPN may be a tad w

No, its every bit as silly as you believe.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Re: Current leader for "dumbest thing of the year" award - or how ESPN may be a tad w

It could be worse. we had Nazi Mohammad on our basketball team
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    It could be worse. we had Nazi Mohammad on our basketball team
    I thought it was Jamal Mohammad.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Nazi Jamal Mohammad
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

ESPN has no journalistic credibility.

I think anyone who is surprised by this hasn't been paying attention.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Apparently he had input on the decision too. So I wouldn't pin it on ESPN completely. It's more like click bait.....

The people making this decision are running the democrats too.

Until you is majord in African American Studies at UNC you'z just caint understand

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Until you is majord in African American Studies at UNC you'z just caint understand
    Winner!