Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The eclipse of 2017 has nothing to do with politics -- hooray!

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: The eclipse of 2017 has nothing to do with politics -- hooray!

I'm ready. I have a Dr appt early in the morning and have my glasses. Praying for clear skies!

Im ready. Mom just called worried about all the family going blind. She's going to view it on TV because "I wouldn't look at it for nothing!

Love her so much!

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Come on, even daylight savings time is political. Surely we can find something.

It's not strictly political, but if one more person asks me if I got the certified, safe glasses I'm going to lose my mind.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

4 companies were licensed and ISO approved to manufacture the paper frame glasses. Any other manufactured paper frame glasses are suspect and could be knockoffs that are not what they are supposed to be.

Rainbow Symphony
    American Paper Optics
    Thousand Oaks Optical
    TSE 17
    seeya
    dan

But they are sold under other names from that one. I looked up on the Nasa site, they had lists of providers on Amazon etc. that were safe.

I tried them today, seem fine. Totally black till you look at the sun, sun is just a small yellow ball when you use them.

the funny part is I'm totally anal about such things. I research everything to death. It's my nature, and everyone who has asked me knows it. It's just not a detail I would miss. Forget to order them? Yes, that's easily done for me, but just flippantly jump in with an impulse buy? No way.

I am glad they got the word out, b/c there were bad ones, even on Amazon. Some were being faked by sellers who got on there too, so there are some real issues out there.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I will look and see if it says who actually made them b/c I'm curious.

A little further research led to one other approved manufacturer

Baader Planetarium (AstroSolar Silver/Gold film only)
    seeya
    dan

This is the site that listed them: https://eclipse.aas.org/resources/solar-filters

I got the Soluna ones. They are by American Paper Optics. I think the others my mother got are by Rainbow.

The best pic that I could get was at near totality. 97.6%IMG_7905.jpg

Wow, that's close. We were supposed to be about 96% or so and it was cool, but definitely more than that pic. How dark was it there?

I sat in my vehicle, in and out to get pics, my headlights came in via the light sensor. Very much like faint dusk

My iPhone didn't take good pics till the light source was nearly blocked.

IMG_7919.jpg

Need help. I have a picture that was sent to me in a text on my Iphone. How do I post it here? Picture was taken by my SIL and he is a dang good amateur solar photographer.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Need help. I have a picture that was sent to me in a text on my Iphone. How do I post it here? Picture was taken by my SIL and he is a dang good amateur solar photographer.
    you've saved it to your photos? I know how to do that but I have never posted pics direct from the phone.
    Last edited by kingcat; 08-22-2017 at 07:01 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Yes it is saved to my photos on the phone
    seeya
    dan

Attachment 6729

This one confuses me. It was taken at nearly total eclipse on my phone...so why the sun on the right?

Yes it is saved to my photos on the phone
    I send my photos to my gmail addy and post from the computer.
    But theres probably a better way..

Attachment 6732

Grandkids loved the air power Dan
    Last edited by kingcat; 08-22-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Once you have the email, so you ave it to a file on the PC then send from that file?
    seeya
    dan

Let us see if I can post it from a saved file on this PC. Hope this works

Attachment 6735
    seeya
    dan

Once you have the email, so you ave it to a file on the PC then send from that file?
    yep..looks like you got it. What a pic!

Thanks kingcat, that was perfect assistance. Now I have another trick up my sleeve for this forum.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Attachment 6732

Grandkids loved the air power Dan
    I have 3 great grandkids, 2 of which are old enough, 11 and 9 to appreciate the airplanes. A few years ago when we were in Destin we took them to the air force air armament museum at Elgin air force base. They had as much fun there as they did splashing in the gulf. A former air force colonel that lives in BG is the driving force behind acquiring the aircraft for display.
    seeya
    dan

I wanted to sneak in the tent and see what was there. There were two or three reps there from the Air Force talking with people and explaining the upkeep procedures (that go on in the tent I believe) as I passed by.

They appear ready for flight to me.

The eclipse of 2017 has nothing to do with politics -- hooray!

Let us see if I can post it from a saved file on this PC. Hope this works

Attachment 6735
    Terrific photo.