Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Lord help me, but I think a post on the Trump/Charlottsville thing may be interes

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    Voters tend to agree with the president’s defense of historical statues, and few think getting rid of Confederate monuments will lessen racial tensions in America.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ez_track_aug21
    thanks badrose, very interesting.

This is why i started the thread. Simply put IMO what we are seeing is the same kind of disconnect between the elites and elite media and the rest of the nation that we saw when they thought Trump had no chance to win the election.

IMO that disconnect is very real and the election proved it empirically. Beyond the numbers the media, political leaders, etc. just could not see how his message would resonate with so many Americans nor how desperately they want these things addressed that they'd overlook his substantial personal warts.

The election proved it was real. It existed.

IMO this event proves that it has not lessened as a result of the election but may in fact be even wider.

If these poll results are accurate then the following is true:

2/3rds of Republicans think either BOTH sides or the Left are most responsible for the violence, but also about HALF of Independents agree with Trump and even about 25% of Democrats (could they be those Dems in Pa and Michigan and Ohio etc.?)

More Americans agree with Trump on preserving statues than want them removed

The media act like Trump is on an island, and no doubt he has some real political problems, big ones, but out here in the flyover he may not be in nearly as much trouble as the Beltway of washington thinks he's in.

I'm not btw defending the guy, but I am defending his POSITIONS. I do think violence on ALL Sides must be called out and how NBC does interviews with Antifa and all but defends them but then acts like the world ended b/c the Nazis weren't condemned enough is insulting to the nation and our intelligence. Likewise tearing down our history, good or bad, rather than addressing it and growing from it, is the surest way to undermine our future.

I don't think I'm alone. The polls indicate the same thing we saw in the election: there are a LOT of Americans sick of the PC culture wars telling them what to think and how to act and that they are bad if they don't march lock step with the leftist agenda.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Lord help me, but I think a post on the Trump/Charlottsville thing may be interes

Chuck, I was beginning to think I was the only one who saw the fascist behaviors that are exhibited by Antifa.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Chuck, I was beginning to think I was the only one who saw the fascist behaviors that are exhibited by Antifa.
    if you watch the media it feels that way, but the polls indicate otherwise.

Antifa is actively, openly proposing violence to attack their very unique and broad definition of "fascists". No different than the worst of the white supremacists. this poll indicates that many Americans have them figured out.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

And yet the mainstream media continually fails to call a spade a spade....
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    if you watch the media it feels that way, but the polls indicate otherwise.

Antifa is actively, openly proposing violence to attack their very unique and broad definition of "fascists". No different than the worst of the white supremacists. this poll indicates that many Americans have them figured out.

Unforgettable

Not positive but I think it was bad rose who posted a link to many reports on George Soros. His fingerprints are all over antics. The black clothing, the black masks and hoods, the violence

Soros and his organizations have been thrown out of two small European countries because they realized he was trying to over throw their government.

Ever wonder how the violent aspect shows up so quickly and they are always hooded and dressed in black? They are basically on retainer and move quickly. They are paid thugs

The trouble is Soros pours millions into these organizations that many in the media belong to who In

turn are paid nicely by these groups.

He and his small group of billionaires want to basically overturn our form of government and have it run their way. And it's working because they own the media

In John in the Bible it says the truth shall set you free. Obvious many in this country don't want the truth

A big difference in liberals and conservatives. Liberals believe everything from their side, hook line and sinker. They never criticize or turn on fellow liberal democrats. They don't seek the truth. Conservatives criticize republicans, they do a better job of seeking the truth, they don't believe republicans

The left are going to push and push and there will come a point they cross that they will wish they had not
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 08-22-2017 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Not positive but I think it was bad rose who posted a link to many reports on George Soros. His fingerprints are all over antics. The black clothing, the black masks and hoods, the violence

Soros and his organizations have been thrown out of two small European countries because they realized he was trying to over throw their government.

Ever wonder how the violent aspect shows up so quickly and they are always hooded and dressed in black? They are basically on retainer and move quickly. They are paid thugs

The trouble is Soros pours millions into these organizations that many in the media belong to who In

turn are paid nicely by these groups.

He and his small group of billionaires want to basically overturn our form of government and have it run their way. And it's working because they own the media

In John in the Bible it says the truth shall set you free. Obvious many in this country don't want the truth

A big difference in liberals and conservatives. Liberals believe everything from their side, hook line and sinker. They never criticize or turn on fellow liberal democrats. They don't seek the truth. Conservatives criticize republicans, they do a better job of seeking the truth, they don't believe republicans

The left are going to push and push and there will come a point they cross that they will wish they had not
    Very ironic that Soros is investing millions to bring down an administration that has made him millions with the major uptick in the stock market since November 8th.

Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

I don't think Trump is as alone on his view as the media makes it appear:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/08/2...ville-response

This is only 6 people, but it's picked by CNN.

Trump's supporters are upset with him for the distractions, commenting on the MSNBC show and such instead of sticking to the agenda, but they don't disagree with him on his fundamental viewpoint.

In this case the Survey Monkey results make sense. The folks I talk to mostly feel that it is both sides that are a threat, and that the Antifa people shouldn't get a pass and only the white supremacists singled out, as both are hate groups.

I think the media and the Washington beltway (i.e. GOP leadership) are very out of touch with this country. They were when they missed the vein of feelings into which Trump tapped, and they're missing it now by thinking Trump's views are somehow radically out of the mainstream for this country.

An awful lot of Americans think Antifa and the BLM are just as preaching of hate and intolerance and race division as the KKK and Nazis. An awful lot of americans want us to control our borders. An awful lot of Americans want tough talk with our enemies.

It may not be popular with the media or the more blue Americans or even the GOP leadership, but the question I had was if Trump was really so alone, and he's not.

His technique is poor, but that's what you get when you don't elect a politician. Politicians have great technique, just no substance. Trump has substance to spare, he's just so tactless and over the top he's constantly stepping on that substance.

From that article, I though this was telling:

Camerota argued that Trump's responses seemed to equate white supremacists with those who protest that type of racial hatred.

The man responded that it's "ridiculous to have me choose between Hitler and Stalin," referring to violent left-wing Antifa protesters.

"They're both the same evil," he said.

The man responded that it's "ridiculous to have me choose between Hitler and Stalin," referring to violent left-wing Antifa protesters.

"They're both the same evil," he said.
    My thought to a tee since this became a media issue, and after I heard the President make his fateful comment.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    My thought to a tee since this became a media issue, and after I heard the President make his fateful comment.
    This is really where the rubber is meeting the road among reasonable people.

It all comes down to this: do you see Antifa and the others as trying to defend liberty but just overreacting in bad ways, or do you see them as just another name slapped on the same exact racism and hatred embodied by the Nazis?

We all agree the Nazis are evil, but do you see Antifa and the others as just the other side of that same evil coin or are they just the evil of the Nazis being opposed by groups trying to defend equality?

Personally I agree with that guy. While no doubt almost all Americans reject the Nazis, the groups like Antifa that are running around not just opposing Nazis at marches but also starting riots over speakers they don't like on campus, attacking Trump supporters at rallies, etc. are not just opposing racism and fascism. They are racists and fascists who are opposing other racist fascists adn trying to get their brand of racist fascism enacted.

But that's where reasonable people are going to disagree over this, that is the first branch. Are these two sides of a coin held in the Devil's coin purse or are these groups out there fighting for liberty for every American against oppression?

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I don't think Trump is as alone on his view as the media makes it appear:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/08/2...ville-response

This is only 6 people, but it's picked by CNN.

Trump's supporters are upset with him for the distractions, commenting on the MSNBC show and such instead of sticking to the agenda, but they don't disagree with him on his fundamental viewpoint.

In this case the Survey Monkey results make sense. The folks I talk to mostly feel that it is both sides that are a threat, and that the Antifa people shouldn't get a pass and only the white supremacists singled out, as both are hate groups.

I think the media and the Washington beltway (i.e. GOP leadership) are very out of touch with this country. They were when they missed the vein of feelings into which Trump tapped, and they're missing it now by thinking Trump's views are somehow radically out of the mainstream for this country.

An awful lot of Americans think Antifa and the BLM are just as preaching of hate and intolerance and race division as the KKK and Nazis. An awful lot of americans want us to control our borders. An awful lot of Americans want tough talk with our enemies.

It may not be popular with the media or the more blue Americans or even the GOP leadership, but the question I had was if Trump was really so alone, and he's not.

His technique is poor, but that's what you get when you don't elect a politician. Politicians have great technique, just no substance. Trump has substance to spare, he's just so tactless and over the top he's constantly stepping on that substance.
    Trump isn't a politician, he is a New Yorker who grew up in the construction business and he talks like a New Yorker in construction. He isn't polished, I don't care.

He isn't stupid. He wants to clean up Washington and Washintimgton is fighting back. He is fighting cheats, crooks, liars from both sides. He talks plain talk. He is tough

The BLM and Aftina with the Black Panthers are just as racist as anything on the right. There are plenty of blacks that are racists, I have been around them. They hate whites and deal with them only because they have to.

The violence comes from the left and most of them are paid thugs.

The ultra left liberal who shot the republican congressman, little was heard of him 48 hours later. And if the fool could shoot as well as I can, it would have been a disastrous result

Trump did nothing wrong, he pointed out the wrong from the left and he condemned the ones on the right, which the media did not want to hear

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.