Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Prior To U19 Gig, UK Was Lock For Bol, Zion, Top 3 For Langford. Now.....

According to the "experts" we are:

out of the picture for Bol
    trailing Kansas for Zion
    out of the picture for Langford

The good news:
    Quickley is ours
    We are surging for Shittu
    Some think we get the #1 player Barrett
    Kansas slurps are idiots!!

Darryl

Re: Prior To U19 Gig, UK Was Lock For Bol, Zion, Top 3 For Langford. Now.....

We've been through this enough that you have to be used to it. Two things are certain: 1) recruiting is fluid and 2) we will end up with a great class.

This time last year Trae Young was a lock and Quade Green and SGA weren't on our radar. The year before Kobi Simmons was a lock and Markelle Fultz was begging for an offer and Fox was barely on the radar. I could do it for every year.

I also don't buy that Kansas leads for Williamson.

Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
    We've been through this enough that you have to be used to it. Two things are certain: 1) recruiting is fluid and 2) we will end up with a great class.

This time last year Trae Young was a lock and Quade Green and SGA weren't on our radar. The year before Kobi Simmons was a lock and Markelle Fultz was begging for an offer and Fox was barely on the radar. I could do it for every year.

I also don't buy that Kansas leads for Williamson.
    The Adidas $$$$ worries me with Zion; they AND Kansas will do ANYTHING to keep their elite guys from UK and/or anything Nike.

Darryl

Blog Entries

"According to the experts"
    All I did was stand up to a long laundry list of people who passed away today who couldn't stand up because what was done was wrong.--RP, 8/26/09

Just my opinion, but surging for Shittu is a back up plan for Zion. I guess that is ok, but not my preference. I don't see a scenario that we are top 3 w/o Zion and Barrett both.

Peace

Richard (CW)

Darryl, you are spiraling lately. Take a breath. All will be OK, especially in recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post
    Just my opinion, but surging for Shittu is a back up plan for Zion. I guess that is ok, but not my preference. I don't see a scenario that we are top 3 w/o Zion and Barrett both.

Peace

Richard (CW)
    Richard, Shittu is a 7 footer with a 7-3 wingspan that will be Cal's PF/Center. The Cats are trying to sell Zion on being a combo wing/SF.

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    According to the "experts" we are:

out of the picture for Bol
    trailing Kansas for Zion
    out of the picture for Langford

The good news:
    Quickley is ours
    We are surging for Shittu
    Some think we get the #1 player Barrett
    Kansas slurps are idiots!!

Darryl
    Some of the "experts" who have Zion to Kansas are shills like Matt Scott. I think Slater changed his pick just to see how many lemmings would follow him. I noted that his fellow Devil's Den compatriots have their selections as "murky." If Slater had cold hard info it seems to me that it would be able to sway the others.

I got the impression UK dropped Bol after the USA tryouts.

Langford apparently didn't impress Cal much during the trip. I don't recall seeing anything about UK coaches following him after the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post

Peace

Richard (CW)
    Shittu is being recruited as a 4/5, Zion as a 3 or 3/4.

Zion wants to play with Quickley, is buddies and texts with Drake. If he is anywhere but UK I would argue there were some shenanigans involved. Although I guess other programs will argue the same if he ends up at UK.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBird View Post
    Zion wants to play with Quickley, is buddies and texts with Drake. If he is anywhere but UK I would argue there were some shenanigans involved. Although I guess other programs will argue the same if he ends up at UK.
    Buddha or Mother Theresa could coach UK and we would STILL hear that our coach was "up to something".
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

D, I never worry about or even consider the shoe angles. I think it's very overblown and used an excuse by fans who don't get their targets and/or staffs that don't work hard enough.

Look at UofL. They bitched for years about how being an Adidas school hurt them. Then they stayed with Adidas and added a prostitution scandal, and they're recruiting better than they ever have under Pitino. Why? Because Kenny Johnson is a heck of a recruiter.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBird View Post
    And just like that, to make Darryl feel better, Immanuel Quickley tweeted out video of him and Zion goofing around together on the beach.

All is well, folks, all is well.

Super Kitten

On Bol and Langford, I kind of viewed the U19s and extended tryouts for UK, and apparently Cal wasn't impressed with what he saw. I know a committee chose the team, but if Cal really, really wanted Bol, don't you think he would have made the team? As far as Langford goes, Cal must just not have seen something he like, so he has moved on. Remember all of the nonsense UK has avoided in the past because Cal moved on from a "lock" to someone different because of Cal's sixth sense with players. Will this time he had his sixth sense, and actually team and individual play to help make his judgments.
    Its FOOTBALL time in the Bluegrass...and some basketball talk!!!!

The Zion KU stuff probably came from them..didn't they think they were at the top with RJ?

Cal will beat K if they face off. K's constant offensive barrage plays right into the strengths of Cal coached teams, except Cal's D tilts the balance.
    Id rather play a K team than Roys every season

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes." Jack Handey ,

I don't think Bol Bol would be able to hold the block in college. If Cal isn't going to face him up, and he won't, then he isn't a key piece to the puzzle. Zion is a must.