Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: What do you do

What do you do

When your wife or significant other says they don’t want to order anything, they just want a bite of yours. They’re supposedly not hungry enough to order an entree or even an appetizer of their own. So now I have to mentally calculate how much I need to order for “myself” because I already know she’s going to eat 2 of my spareribs and probably a couple of my crunchy rolls.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Re: What do you do

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    When your wife or significant other says they don’t want to order anything, they just want a bite of yours. They’re supposedly not hungry enough to order an entree or even an appetizer of their own. So now I have to mentally calculate how much I need to order for “myself” because I already know she’s going to eat 2 of my spareribs and probably a couple of my crunchy rolls.
    I do not go out to eat with my wife.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Hahahah I need to consider that.

Rupp's Runt

What do you do

Sounds familiar.

Just plan for dessert when that happens. And maybe add an side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you do

Order two and take anything not eaten home as a leftover. Lunch the next day.

It's a conundrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Order two and take anything not eaten home as a leftover. Lunch the next day.

It's a conundrum.
    This. And trust me the struggle is real. I understand.

If I was smart I would leave order as is and accept the calorie reduction

I was prepared this time because she does this every time we go somewhere. We were with some friends so the appetizer wasn’t an issue but I did order two sushi rolls for “myself”. I just made sure they were something I knew we both liked lol. I also had to drink 90% of her lemon drop martini because it was too bubbly for her (there were no bubbles). Oh the sacrifices of married life!

Rupp's Runt

Yeah, wives tend to do some stupid stuff as time goes on. They're women. You can't live with 'em, and you can't kill 'em.

Thanks for that bit of wisdom, Tom Arnold!
    MOLON LABE!

Rupp's Runt

My wife used to do this a lot. I will say, I just started calling her out on it. If she says that before hand, I just say something like, "I'll just swing by McDonald's". Or I'll say, "I am hungry, I'm eating mine". Finally, she just started ordering her own. This is all silly, because my wife can put away some food. She is 5'3" and 110 pounds, but she can eat with any of us.

Kids changed this as well. Now she gets what she wants, and I will get a cheaper meal or split with the kids. I love to eat, but go see the thread Darrell and I hijacked a while back. And I'm not overly fond of eating in public anyway, so I fall on the sword and let her enjoy her food.
    Last edited by KentuckyWildcat; 01-29-2023 at 03:51 PM.

Restaurants need to start offering “she’s not really hungry” entrees that are about 133% of the normal offering. I think that would do it in her case.

Yeah i hate sharing food, because there would never be an amount of food on a plate that i wouldnt want all of it. Ill share a large pizza, thats about it. Or maybe an order of 20 wings, even though i just need 10 max and she will eat 5, the minute i get 10 she would eat 6...

Maybe you should just start ordering for her. As soon as the waitress looks at her for her order say "she will have the...." and regardless of her response i bet it will train her to start ordering her own meal every time. Like everything else in marriage just make it a subconscious contest between her and she will be ordering that porterhouse steak in no time.
    Go Cats!