Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Clock - time issue and any odd behaviors

Gang, the server's clock got out of sync, which is why the times have been off on the posts.

When I just reset it the system started putting the posts out of order (I was afraid of that), so I'm going to manually keep it wrong today then change it tonight when we have few posts, so by Sunday morning enough time will elapse that the posts will stay in order.

You may need to refresh your browser b/c of the changes, the system lost my token and I had to hit F5 to refresh then it was fine.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Rupp's Runt

Re: Clock - time issue and any odd behaviors

If you can Would you explain why I get the weather report for the mystery city of the day at the top of the front porch forum? Today the mystery city is Middletown Twp , N. J. But, most every day it is different, Arab, Al, Atlanta, GA, Ashville, NC to name a few recent ones. It never seems to be any place I wish to visit.
    Real Fan since 1958

I've been getting Seattle all day.
    Don't panic

I don't know if it's related but I have to log in every time I access the site on my phone.

So is my overtime pay in jeopardy?

"I wish I would have a real tragic love affair and get so bummed out that I'd just quit my job and become a bum for a few years, because I was thinking about doing that anyway." Jack Handey ,

Hmmm, I thought it was the app on my phone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Oh!! I am back to Arab, AL. --- 83 and sunny!
    Real Fan since 1958

The other thing, I have it set up so the most recent post comes to the top and it has long ago it was posted... every post is listed as 3 hours ago.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

84 and cloudy in Lexington. I think it knows where I've been.
    Don't panic

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    If you can Would you explain why I get the weather report for the mystery city of the day at the top of the front porch forum? Today the mystery city is Middletown Twp , N. J. But, most every day it is different, Arab, Al, Atlanta, GA, Ashville, NC to name a few recent ones. It never seems to be any place I wish to visit.
    Pretty sure that uses the IP location as the determiner for the weather you get.

Keith I do not see how that is correct. Since the introduction of the weather widget, I have seen multiple different locations show up while using the same IP, the one at my home. I visited a town in NC late in June. While there I did log onto the local internet once to check email and since that time the widget has been showing me local weather for the town we stayed in. It has never showed me the local weather for BG.
    seeya
    dan

I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky. Hunter S Thompson

I clicked on this thinking it would be a basketball thread...

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    It is a personality evaluator. It determines where the reader would best fit in, and gives the accmpanying weather.

I've moved the time. Things will be funky for about 4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    So is my overtime pay in jeopardy?
    Absolutely not. You'll get every penny you normally get.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    It is a personality evaluator. It determines where the reader would best fit in, and gives the accmpanying weather.
    That explains why mine always says "what do you care, you're inside in a bar anyway."

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Pretty sure that uses the IP location as the determiner for the weather you get.
    There is a different problem than IP address causing it. I haven't been to Arab in 25 years and never with an electronic device. And, I couldn't tell you where Middletown township NJ is.
    Real Fan since 1958

IP locations aren't necessarily going to align with your physical location. Location is more dependent upon how the network you are on is set up. The weather widget shows Mt. Sterling for me, but I primarily access the board via my smartphone nearly 50 miles from Mt. sterling.

Test

It's going to be a nice day in Chantilly VA

I'm getting Georgetown IN now for some reason. Weird.
    Don't panic

The weather widget goes by IP but the problem is it may be an ip through a provider that shows a vastly different location. I have static IPs at the office and it still shows me in Illinois. We may try some others.

My IP is dynamic, but every time I have used the reverse IP lookup it has put me in the right location of BG, KY., not a town in NC.
    seeya
    dan

I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky. Hunter S Thompson

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    My IP is dynamic, but every time I have used the reverse IP lookup it has put me in the right location of BG, KY., not a town in NC.
    Mine is dynamic as well.
    Real Fan since 1958