Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Anybody use a dash cam?

I just picked up a inexpensive dash cam and have been running at the last few days. I have seen two accidents, although neither one of them were live, but it was kind of cool to go back and look at it later on the video, so that I could focus on driving safely past it and not having to rubber neck.

Other than that, it has already become pretty boring, but I'll look at it as cheap insurance in case someone hits me and claims it was my fault when it wasn't. Now, if it was my fault, then I guess I will just curse the dashcam.

Re: Anybody use a dash cam?

Today's entry....teenager driving with headphones. Pulled out in front of me driving down a neighborhood road (nobody behind me, could've waited 5 seconds). Then decides to not only make a U-turn in the middle of the road, but swing wide right in a circle roundabout type thing, then position herself to be T-boned by me if I'm not paying attention. Fortunately, I was watching to see what idiotic move she was going to make.

I think I have most of the audio messed up (there was a copyright claim due to some music playing on the radio), but she got a healthy dose of my horn and hopefully shook her up a bit.

Some people should HAVE to ride the bus. She is obviously one of them
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Bombino

Anybody use a dash cam?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I just picked up a inexpensive dash cam and have been running at the last few days. I have seen two accidents, although neither one of them were live, but it was kind of cool to go back and look at it later on the video, so that I could focus on driving safely past it and not having to rubber neck.

Other than that, it has already become pretty boring, but I'll look at it as cheap insurance in case someone hits me and claims it was my fault when it wasn't. Now, if it was my fault, then I guess I will just curse the dashcam.
    Which model did you pick up?

This one.

http://www.gearbest.com/car-dvr/pp_196898.html

G1W-CB, maybe. Sells for $58 at Amazon. Selling here for $44. I got it for $28, although I was concerned it might be fake--but for the price for a capacitor based decent enough rep dash cam, I thought it was ok. A guy at a radar detector forum I frequent has a dash cam store, and he indicated they were probably fake due to the color box (orange) and it would have AVI video, rather than MOV.

Turned out, it was the white (correct) box, did MOV, etc. For all I know, it's still fake. But at least for now, good enough.