Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Recommendations for a super easy to use/update, inexpensive personal website

Recommendations for a super easy to use/update, inexpensive personal website

My son wants to start a personal website for his sport. He basically wants an introductory page, a page with a highlight video, and perhaps a couple of extended videos, a scholastic resume page and a soccer resume page. He has a YouTube channel, so he is planning on uploading the videos to that channel, and just embedding the YouTube video on the page would be fine. I guess a contact page for his email, etc. Not much more.

Would probably have his tournament and game schedule on it. Needs to be easy to use where he could update it on the fly, if games get canceled, rescheduled, etc. Maybe update it with game results after each game, too. Frequently updated.

Any very easy-to-use, relatively inexpensive options for him?

Rupp's Runt

Re: Recommendations for a super easy to use/update, inexpensive personal website

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    My son wants to start a personal website for his sport. He basically wants an introductory page, a page with a highlight video, and perhaps a couple of extended videos, a scholastic resume page and a soccer resume page. He has a YouTube channel, so he is planning on uploading the videos to that channel, and just embedding the YouTube video on the page would be fine. I guess a contact page for his email, etc. Not much more.

Would probably have his tournament and game schedule on it. Needs to be easy to use where he could update it on the fly, if games get canceled, rescheduled, etc. Maybe update it with game results after each game, too. Frequently updated.

Any very easy-to-use, relatively inexpensive options for him?
    I like squarespace. There are cheaper options, but IMO it is easy.

Re: Recommendations for a super easy to use/update, inexpensive personal website

How much html does he want to do versus just having menu driven stuff?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I don't know. I guess easy html stuff is ok. His older brother may help him do something, so I may be wasting my time (and yours here) by asking the question.

I would say a menu based plug and play kinda thing but that may just be me.