Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Killing free health care for congressmen/women and their staff?

An incentive to get their butts back to work on a passable bill?

The president is playing hardball. Does the swamp kill his promise or do they go back to work?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Killing free health care for congressmen/women and their staff?

I've always been a firm believer of the idea that congress critters should have to live and abide by the rules and laws they create. This idea that they create a health care system for everybody else then exempt themselves and set up something far better is ludicrious.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I think congress should be required to have Obamacare.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I think congress should be required to have Obamacare.
    And they should have to pay into Social Security too. And after they leave office they should NOT continue to draw a Congressional paycheck. And they should NOT be allowed to be any kinda of lobbyists or "advisors" for a minimum 10 years. Or longer. Let's make it 15-20 years instead. And once they've been in one house of Congress they cannot be in the other house for at least 10-15 years to cut down on all of this career politician nonsense. And they should NOT be allowed to vote themselves any pay raises. At all. The people of the states that they represent should be the ones voting on those funds. And the Congress critters benefits should come from the states they represent too.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    And they should have to pay into Social Security too. And after they leave office they should NOT continue to draw a Congressional paycheck. And they should NOT be allowed to be any kinda of lobbyists or "advisors" for a minimum 10 years. Or longer. Let's make it 15-20 years instead. And once they've been in one house of Congress they cannot be in the other house for at least 10-15 years to cut down on all of this career politician nonsense. And they should NOT be allowed to vote themselves any pay raises. At all. The people of the states that they represent should be the ones voting on those funds. And the Congress critters benefits should come from the states they represent too.

Actually they do pay into SS. (LINK). However they have a supplemental plan called FERS (Federal Employees Retirement System) which is far superior to Social Security.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.