Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Tanned and relaxed

Tanned and relaxed

Back from the beach where I enjoy a little R & R. My daughter and I left late and came back early due to commitments, so the rest of the family enjoyed a little more (and are still doing so).

Tough waking up to this every day.

Tanned and relaxed

But somehow I struggled through. Even kept up with WildcatChat there.

Tanned and relaxed

Now you may understand some of my posts!

I was ready in case Vince Marrow and Mark Stoops pulled the trigger.

Alas, it didn't happen.

Tanned and relaxed

Caught the Cincinnati Reds top minor league prospect in action for the Pensacola Blue Wahoos. Super Stadium, only seats about 5,000, one level with Pensacola Bay waiting balls that traveled over the fence. We saw four of them deposited into the Bay during the game.

Tanned and relaxed

Blue Wahoos fell to the Biloxi Shuckers, 5-4. They were down 5-0 in the 8th inning, and the "Rally Fish" made an appearance. I caught it, and handed it to my son for him to throw since I have a torn rotator cuff.

Tanned and relaxed

Great weather all week, seas calm and clear. Had some afternoon/evening thunderstorms that were fun to watch.

Unfortunately, the Navy Blue Angels were not in town the week we were there, which is always one of my highlights when we are visiting the Pensacola area. My son and I were able to visit the Naval Air Station base, however, and play 18 holes of foot golf on their beautiful A. C. Read golf course, making three different states in which we have played (Florida, Tennessee and Alabama).

The course features their old Naval live oaks, and a lot of water. We managed to avoid the water, but my son crushed me like a grape. We played from the championship back tees, and he goofed off to an 82, while I soared to a 95.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 07-28-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Also got to go see a late night movie, Dunkirk. For us, going to a movie is a real treat, as we are just not the movie-going types usually. I thought Dunkirk was an excellent choice, given that we were at the beach and with the Naval Air Station base right around the corner. We all thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I was concerned that my daughter would not be a big fan of wanting to go see it, but apparently Harry Styles is some singer from One Direction or something and him being in the movie was a huge drawing point for her.

Bombino

Re: Tanned and relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Great weather all week, seas calm and clear. Had some afternoon/evening thunderstorms that were fun to watch.
    I always loved watching those summer storms move in from the water. Great pic!

Rest and relaxation are requirwd when you hit our age
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Tanned and relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Rest and relaxation are requirwd when you hit our age
    This is absolutely true.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    I always loved watching those summer storms move in from the water. Great pic!
    I do too. Love them.