Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Football transfer: EJ Price to Kentucky

I hope this is a free story; it's from Justin Rowland

https://kentucky.rivals.com/news/bre...m-southern-cal

Ben Roberts's story: http://amp.kentucky.com/sports/colle...161849238.html
    Last edited by UKFlounder; 07-17-2017 at 06:17 PM.

Re: Football transfer: EJ Price to Kentucky

Absolutely huge get!

Blue-chipper for sure.

I also like that his USC coach spoke highly of him after he left.

From the Ben Roberts story:

"He had reported scholarship offers from Alabama, Florida State, Georgia, Louisiana State and a host of other national programs before ultimately signing with Southern Cal."

That's big.

That story from Justin was free, Darrell.Evidently, there was some controversy surrounding his decommit from Ga but seems he wanted to be closer to home when he left USC. Think of it, we should have him playing with Landon 2 years at OT, 2 future NFL prospects.

The talent level has been upgrading year after year. It takes time to build, but we are establishing some very nice players in the program.

Why did he leave USC?

Is this the player who's father is ill?
    seeya
    dan

I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky. Hunter S Thompson

Does he have to sit out a year?

I don't know why he left. There had been rumors he punched a coach, but their head coach publicly said that was false.

He does have to sit out a year and then has 3 to play
    Last edited by UKFlounder; 07-17-2017 at 08:28 PM.

A lot to like, actually, with this transfer. USC folks said he came in college-ready, which is very unusual for his position. Now add two years of growth, maturity, strength training, etc. and give him three more years to play, and the sky is the limit for him. Just need about 40 more like him.

Wanted to be closer to home. Coach at USC said he was a great kid. From same hometown as Jarren Williams

This sounds like great news....love good football news this time of year!

Peace

Richard (CW)

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    A lot to like, actually, with this transfer. USC folks said he came in college-ready, which is very unusual for his position. Now add two years of growth, maturity, strength training, etc. and give him three more years to play, and the sky is the limit for him. Just need about 40 more like him.
    Price’s Kentucky debut would not come until the 2018 season, two years since he last played in a competitive game.

While that time on the sideline might raise concerns about rust, Rivals.com Georgia recruiting analyst Chad Simmons, who evaluated Price as a recruit in high school, said what amounts to two redshirt years could actually boost Price future.

“In high school he was a kid that was more of a raw offensive lineman, which a lot of upside, a lot of potential.” Simmons said. “Definitely a kid I saw as one with the best football ahead of him. He still had a lot of developing from a physical standpoint. As far as fundamentals, the same way. Needed time to develop…

It might be even a blessing in disguise. I think it’s more of a plus than a negative…He wasn’t going to be ready to play as a true freshman, so I think in the long run this could really help him get things down and really get his feet wet in the SEC at Kentucky and just kind of adjust to the speed that they play with there and just get his body and his fundamentals down.”

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...-uk/483931001/

I completely agree, especially for his position. I love two years of maturity, experience, development. He's coming in not only as a physical specimen, but will be ready to go in other aspects at that time.

That article linked is a good one--talks about Price's NFL capabilities, the fact that "he wanted you to know he was going to dominate you" in high school, and some good stuff from his high school coach.