Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Meyer Has Been Convincd Bagley To USC Awhile; Just Switched CB Pick To Duke

So Duke lucks into basically the best high school player in several years that has attended 3-4 different schools for his career

The hype will be off the wall when this happens

Darryl

Re: Meyer Has Been Convincd Bagley To USC Awhile; Just Switched CB Pick To Duke

Posted this in the other thread, but it sure sounds like Bagley to Duke for this season is going to happen. If it does, in my opinion you now have a clear cut top 2 with Duke and Arizona, then several teams in the next tier.

The thin I don't get it is how they're going to clear both duval & bagley

I don't see how a dude whose been to 3 schools in diff states can reclassify and graduate early enough to be able to get in to Duke. Just nuts.

however if so, they are now the best team in the country.

I wouldn't put too much stock into Meyer's pick...the Duke staff was very present at Peach and were talking...they like to plant stories.

Later...

So 2 of Duke's starters will be:

1) an extremely talented PG that none of the big boys other than Kansas really looked at because of eligibility concerns, including Duke, until they got desperate at PG; and
    2) an extremely talented big man who attended 3 high schools but will still somehow be able to reclassify in late July.

Can you BELIEVE how Cal just continues to ruin college basketball?

Can you imagine how good Duke would be had they landed Knox?

PG Duval
    SG Allen
    SF Knox
    PF Bagley
    Center Wendell Carter
    6th Man Gary Trent
    7th Man Bolden

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Can you imagine how good Duke would be had they landed Knox?

PG Duval
    SG Allen
    SF Knox
    PF Bagley
    Center Wendell Carter
    6th Man Gary Trent
    7th Man Bolden

Darryl
    On paper I can understand how great that looks...but we heard the same thing last year about Duke. Giles, Bolden, Tatum and Jackson were supposed to be LIT. Well, K found out that one and done coaching is not easy. Also, I wouldn't put Bagley in Duke's column just yet.

Later...

Super Kitten

I don't see how a dude whose been to 3 schools in diff states can reclassify and graduate early enough to be able to get in to Duke.

It's the Carolina Way.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward100 View Post
    I don't see how a dude whose been to 3 schools in diff states can reclassify and graduate early enough to be able to get in to Duke.

It's the Carolina Way.

The same way multiple elite basketball players somehow "graduated" from Duke in 3 years whenever they turned pro early. It's Duke, they do what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward100 View Post

It's the Carolina Way.
    Duke has no entrance obstacles for basketball players. There were some excellent articles years ago showing their SAT scores compared to the general populace, and they weren't even in the same universe.

For the 1,884th time--I don't criticize them for that. I DO criticize them, and others for suggesting they are any different, however.

I'm dead serious, as long as Grayson Allen is on that team I do
    Not believe they will cut down the nets! Guy is a cancer. You also now have carterwho was promoised all these shots. Now please share with Bagley. They mAy cut them
    Down, but I'm not sure the staff can manage the team. Wait till mama bolden goes nuclear. All the while Allen still wants his shots.

From someone I trust, the staff feels like if they can get bagley on campus they gave as good as shot as anyone. Regardless of year, missing-on bamba was huge. Also have been told reclassifying is not a done deal yet.
    Last edited by GhettoBird; 07-17-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by backagain View Post
    On paper I can understand how great that looks...but we heard the same thing last year about Duke. Giles, Bolden, Tatum and Jackson were supposed to be LIT. Well, K found out that one and done coaching is not easy. Also, I wouldn't put Bagley in Duke's column just yet.

Later...
    Agree completely!

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBird View Post
    I'm dead serious, as long as Grayson Allen is on that team I do
    Not believe they will cut down the nets! Guy is a cancer. You also now have carterwho was promoised all these shots. Now please share with Bagley. They mAy cut them
    Down, but I'm not sure the staff can manage the team. Wait till mama bolden goes nuclear. All the while Allen still wants his shots.

From someone I trust, the staff feels like if they can get bagley on campus they gave as good as shot as anyone. Regardless of year, missing-on bamba was huge. Also have been told reclassifying is not a done deal yet.
    My fear is he commits to Duke this coming week.

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Duke has no entrance obstacles for basketball players. There were some excellent articles years ago showing their SAT scores compared to the general populace, and they weren't even in the same universe.

For the 1,884th time--I don't criticize them for that. I DO criticize them, and others for suggesting they are any different, however.
    Yep, some make it appear that Duke has much more stringent admission standards than other schools, when reality is they use the NCAA minimum requirements.

I assume he's done to duke and at the start of the season, they have the best lineup imo. Many times the team with the most hype and best lineup tanks it though so we'll let then have the pressure and see how it shakes out.