Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

HL's Latest Recruiting Nuggets..Quickley/Zion To UK, Bol To USC, No UK For Bagley

Re: HL's Latest Recruiting Nuggets..Quickley/Zion To UK, Bol To USC, No UK For Bagley

Would really like to have Bol since Bagley seems less of an option. USC surprises me....I have heard either Arizona or UK.

Peace

Richard (CW)

Re: HL's Latest Recruiting Nuggets..Quickley/Zion To UK, Bol To USC, No UK For Bagley

Seems we are only the out in front favorites for Quickley and Zion (King too if/when he's offered) for the moment. That's relieving though. Gotta have at least one of the top 4 players in this class and with Zion we have one.

Curious to see what other guard and big we get. Better believe they will be 5 stars. Just a matter of which ones. I was surprised Garland got an offer. Thought maybe another 5 star guard like Keldon Johnson would get it.

Zion, Quickley and King are 3 of the top 12 players in the class. Some have Williamson as the #1 player (Meyer does for sure). I still think Cal adds at least one of Reddish and/or Barrett. Maybe SKJ and Nick Richards return in 2018-19; if so we don't need a center. IMO, the only for certain guys going to the NBA are Diallo, Vanderbilt and Kevin Knox. If that transpires we can only sign 5 guys anyhow.

Lets say the above happens and we get 4 players. For 2018-19 it would arguably be the most talented team in UK history:

Guards: 5* Green, 5* Alexander, 4* Baker, 5* Quickley, 5* Reddish??, Calipari

Front court: 5* Washington, 5* Gabriel, 5* SKJ, 5* Richards, 5* Williamson, 4* Wynyard, 5* RJ Barrett??

6-8 NBA 1ast rounders, 10 x 5*, 2 x 4*

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Zion, Quickley and King are 3 of the top 12 players in the class. Some have Williamson as the #1 player (Meyer does for sure). I still think Cal adds at least one of Reddish and/or Barrett. Maybe SKJ and Nick Richards return in 2018-19; if so we don't need a center. IMO, the only for certain guys going to the NBA are Diallo, Vanderbilt and Kevin Knox. If that transpires we can only sign 5 guys anyhow.

Lets say the above happens and we get 4 players. For 2018-19 it would arguably be the most talented team in UK history:

Guards: 5* Green, 5* Alexander, 4* Baker, 5* Quickley, 5* Reddish??, Calipari

Front court: 5* Washington, 5* Gabriel, 5* SKJ, 5* Richards, 5* Williamson, 4* Wynyard, 5* RJ Barrett??

6-8 NBA 1ast rounders, 10 x 5*, 2 x 4*

Darryl
    For me biggest two questions from what you have laid out:

1. Will we indeed get one of Barrett or Reddish? Personally, my current feel is that there is better chance we get neither than that we get one. Hope I'm wrong like I was with Knox!

2. Will one of Richards/SKJ stay around? If not the draft, just hard to see a junior SKJ hanging around. Hope he does. To be safe, I think Cal needs to land a center this class.

Definitely need to get a center

Quote Originally Posted by ShoesSwayedBlue View Post
    Definitely need to get a center
    And if so, Cal needs to get on it. Bol is slipping to USC, Bagley as well, and Cal has slow played two other good options: Reid and Moses Brown. Jordan Brown seems all West Coast.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I think Cal is moving in a different direction of recruiting. He may be trying to build teams like the Warriors. Look at the offers and the positions these guys play

I feel great about adding Quickley and Williamson. Those seem very likely.

Nowhere near a lock, but I think there's a great chance we add Reddish or Barrett (assuming he reclassifies).

Not sure who the big will be, but I'm confident we'll get a good one. I'd welcome Bol, but I'm not personally that sold on him.

Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
    I feel great about adding Quickley and Williamson. Those seem very likely.

Nowhere near a lock, but I think there's a great chance we add Reddish or Barrett (assuming he reclassifies).

Not sure who the big will be, but I'm confident we'll get a good one. I'd welcome Bol, but I'm not personally that sold on him.
    King would commit tomorrow if Cal will offer him.

Darryl

I hope UK goes after Emmit Williams if some others fall thru. I love this kid. Reid is also an option.

I'm a unitasker living in a multitasker world

Quote Originally Posted by patrick54 View Post
    Will we indeed get one of Barrett or Reddish? Personally, my current feel is that there is better chance we get neither than that we get one. Hope I'm wrong like I was with Knox!

It seems to me like Duke and UK will split Barrett and Reddish. Just can't see them playing together.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I hope UK goes after Emmit Williams if some others fall thru. I love this kid. Reid is also an option.
    Williams is too short to play the 5 though. Reid could. People think LSU is way out in front for Reid now though. Hope a Cal offer would mitigate that.

I for one was kind of surprised Cal started picking up the pace with Emmitt Williams instead of Shittu. Doc have you seen both play? How do Shittu and Williams compare?

I think that the ranking guys are assuming that Bol not making the USA team has hurt UK but I don't think so. I still think we get Bol. Cal and Payne has let Bol know why he didn't make the team and that they wanted Bol on that USA team.

Williams is too short to play the 5 though. Reid could. People think LSU is way out in front for Reid now though. Hope a Cal offer would mitigate that.

I for one was kind of surprised Cal started picking up the pace with Emmitt Williams instead of Shittu. Doc have you seen both play? How do Shittu and Williams compare?
    Emmitts a much better player than Shittu. Williams is far more explosive. Nobody sees Williams as a center. Could play the 3 or the 4.

Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
    It seems to me like Duke and UK will split Barrett and Reddish. Just can't see them playing together.
    I agree....and Langford as well. I think all three are mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Emmitts a much better player than Shittu. Williams is far more explosive. Nobody sees Williams as a center. Could play the 3 or the 4.
    What makes Williams better? This makes sense to me as to how Cal is pursuing Williams but all 4 major recruiting services have Shittu ahead of Williams.

What makes Williams better? This makes sense to me as to how Cal is pursuing Williams but all 4 major recruiting services have Shittu ahead of Williams.
    Much more energy. The kid is a beast going at the rim. He is a force who never takes a play off. Gets off the floor as quick as anybody in the class, on par with Zion. Plus he is rising. A year ago he was a relatively little known 4 star player. I prefer kids that are improving as they tend to to have a higher ceiling.

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I think Cal is moving in a different direction of recruiting. He may be trying to build teams like the Warriors. Look at the offers and the positions these guys play
    Please let this be so.
    "Calipariís Young Blue Machine marches on, slashing and burning and winning."
    - Bill Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    Please let this be so.
    Yeah; great news if true

Darryl