Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Stephen Johnson

Stephen Johnson

Looking good.

"Absolutely!" Johnson's answer when asked if Kentucky could win the SEC East this year.

Stephen Johnson

"We have the best offensive line in the country."

Stoops giving Johnson props for his demeanor. "Never too high, never too low."

Re: Stephen Johnson

Our starting QB

Stoops says Johnson has a lot to improve. But also said he gave Kentucky a chance to win every game he played.

Stephen Johnson

Posterized version...

Stoops says the quarterback competition is ongoing despite the early depth chart.

Stephen Johnson

Jen Smith's photo of the crowd around Stephen Johnson. Very popular guy here today.

Johnson complimentary of the young receivers. They're asking a lot of questions, and really locked in, he says.

Johnson says he has been told he is the Game 1 starter.

Johnson says confidence a lot higher now than it was last summer.

He probably will be the first game starter but Stoops didn,t concur with his statement

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
    He probably will be the first game starter but Stoops didn,t concur with his statement
    I believe that it is the 7th post in this thread that does not agree with that. I do not know when he said it, but apparently Darrell heard him utter those words

http://www.kysportsreport.com/forums...-losing-streak
    seeya
    dan

I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky. Hunter S Thompson

Stephen Johnson

This is what he said, best I can recall
    Stephen Johnson has earned the right to be the starting quarterback. He has to continue to earn it in practice daily.

Something like that.

And if my word isn't good enough, here are a couple of independent sources.

He will be fun to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post

What is your beef with Johnson?? Just curious..

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    What is your beef with Johnson?? Just curious..
    Johnson looks too much like a Calipari basketball player.........

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Johnson looks too much like a Calipari basketball player.........

Darryl
    Fast, athletic and can't shoot 3s?
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Unforgettable

I have been very critical of the young man as I don't believe he is a good SEC qb but listening to him talk he is well spoken. I was impressed. Still think stoops will do all he can to keep him from starting
    But it's obvious who his fellow players want under center. He is middle of the road in the league

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    I have been very critical of the young man as I don't believe he is a good SEC qb but listening to him talk he is well spoken. I was impressed. Still think stoops will do all he can to keep him from starting
    But it's obvious who his fellow players want under center. He is middle of the road in the league
    He's not the most talented guy in the SEC, and if we actually get our hot shot new QB he likely won't be the most talented guy on the roster, but the team plays for him, he's a winner.

He may get beat out for the job, but he has to be beat out, he doesn't have to prove he deserves it. He won it beating UL, now someone has to knock him off the hill.

He just wins that's the bottom line.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Showed excellent potential in his first season of division one football.

At any other program he would be heralded entering his second year. Especially after leading a team with its coach on the proverbial hot seat to seven wins and a bowl. I struggle to think of a better first year QB at UK...Tim is all I can come up with.

To be honest, probably would have been eight had he started against S Miss.
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-13-2017 at 01:47 AM.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes." Jack Handey ,

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    At any other program he would be heralded entering his second year.
    Nah, at any other program he'd be just as 2nd guessed as here, probably a lot more at top programs. The best player on the team is always the QB who isn't playing. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    For a large part, I agree with you but with some big caveats. I think he is very intelligent, is fluid in the pocket, can throw the deep ball well, and has a VERY high upside. He has two glaring flaws: short-mid range passing and fumbles. These two things are what kept him from being a top level SEC QB. If he can fix those, which of course is a big if, then we will be at another level. I believe more than anything though, the guy has intangibles for days. The team plays better when he is on the field and that can NEVER be underestimated in a QB, even if it doesn't show up in the stat lines. Plus his fluidity in the pocket, something that Barker sorely lacked, prevented defenses from entirely negating our offense.