Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Fab Five

Re: USA Total Solar Eclipse 2017

Quote Originally Posted by ETWNAPPEL View Post
    I picked the right time to switchs jobs to Fort Campbell. Front row seat!
    You should be working at the hour of the eclipse!
    Real Fan since 1958

Rupp's Runt

Dan and Blue, we are not going to be able to sell the shirts online. If you want one, let me know. I'll buy them and ship them to you.

It is a silly issue about us (HCC) paying for the cost of the shirts, but Barnes and Noble handling the sales, even though both of us benefit from it. I think the issue is with B&N...

I should be traveling thru Hoptown next week so I will need to stop by Barnes and Noble to purchase one?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

We have Barnes and Noble on Campus. Come by and see me.

Driving down somewhere near Hoptown with my son on the 21st. Total solar eclipses are literally once in a lifetime events for most people and we decided we had to go. It doesn't hurt that Mrs. Catfan73 will be there with about 3 busloads of kids from the school where she teaches.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Driving down somewhere near Hoptown with my son on the 21st. Total solar eclipses are literally once in a lifetime events for most people and we decided we had to go. It doesn't hurt that Mrs. Catfan73 will be there with about 3 busloads of kids from the school where she teaches.
    3 bus loads of kids? We have some kids from schools coming to HCC that day as field trips. Will you be at the college?

I'm not sure where they're heading but she did say Hopkinsville so it's quite possible. She teaches 4th grade at Jefferson County's Brown school. I'm thinking about trying to avoid the bigger towns and maybe sneak into some place like Guthrie. Unless she twists my arm really hard I won't be with the field trip lol.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I'll take a xxl.. how much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey Blueboss, check your IM

USA Total Solar Eclipse 2017

Great link! Thanks for posting!!

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Bump....

Does anybody have a best viewing schedule for the Louisville area.... time it starts etc.

According to this, it starts in Louisville at 12:59, ends at 3:51 and will be at maximum at 2:27.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I'm not sure where they're heading but she did say Hopkinsville so it's quite possible. She teaches 4th grade at Jefferson County's Brown school. I'm thinking about trying to avoid the bigger towns and maybe sneak into some place like Guthrie. Unless she twists my arm really hard I won't be with the field trip lol.
    I know several good people in Guthrie and have nothing against the town at all, but if you are driving in from Louisville, you can save yourself a few miles of driving by stopping in BG, or going just a bit further down the road and stopping in Franklin, Total eclipse should happen both places.

Franklin zip 42134, and BG zip 42104. There are several BG zips, but the south west side of town where I live uses 42104.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    According to this, it starts in Louisville at 12:59, ends at 3:51 and will be at maximum at 2:27.
    I saw that on the link... thanks for looking out for me.

I'm going to be in Chicago that weekend, trying to plan my return so I can watch the whole thing...

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I know several good people in Guthrie and have nothing against the town at all, but if you are driving in from Louisville, you can save yourself a few miles of driving by stopping in BG, or going just a bit further down the road and stopping in Franklin, Total eclipse should happen both places.

Franklin zip 42134, and BG zip 42104. There are several BG zips, but the south west side of town where I live uses 42104.
    Trying to get off the beaten path a bit though.

Well Guthrie sure qualifies. ;-)
    seeya
    dan

The Louisville area is going to have 96% of the totality of the eclipse... I think traveling to my backyard will do just fine.

The Louisville area is going to have 96% of the totality of the eclipse... I think traveling to my backyard will do just fine.

I was thinking about making a trip between Nashville and Hopkinsville to see it, and I kind of came to the same conclusion. What we will have is good enough. I am missing enough time already went other stuff recently I don't need to spend the day driving to and from to see this.

If I didn't have a 14 year old kid I probably wouldn't be driving 2 1/2 hours to see totality either tbh.

Rupp's Runt

Maybe I'm jaded from a million meetings and a lot of extra work....but I would not drive several hours to see it. Field trip with a kid? Perhaps. But I would be happy with my view if I was anywhere near a total eclipse.

I remember a partial that occurred around the time I was my son's age or maybe a little younger and I still remember how cool it was watching it with a shadow box. So maybe a little bit of it is nostalgia but I've never witnessed a total one in person and don't want to regret not giving him that experience. My calendar was clear on the 21st anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    We have Barnes and Noble on Campus. Come by and see me.
    Please send me a PM and tell me how to find you and I will make it a point to do so. Probably be next Monday for my trip west.
    seeya
    dan

Great link catfan, thanks for posting it.

Debating driving down for the total eclipse. Lexvegas will be about 95%, may be good enough.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I've looked at simulations of what it will look like in Louisville (if it's clear of course) and it's really allllllllllllmost total, not a lot of difference. But you're not supposed to observe it with the nekkid eye unless you're in totality.

Eclipse watching towns are going to be absolutely slammed.

http://lifehacker.com/eclipse-watchi...amm-1797758296

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

That's why I'll be watching with our 450 or so students at school, where the eclipse will be at 92%.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

This is one of the reasons I'm leaning towards watching from here.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    That's why I'll be watching with our 450 or so students at school, where the eclipse will be at 92%.
    Same here. That's good with me. I'll watch something online later as well.

I just hope for everyone's sake it is not cloudy on the 21st wherever they are. That is especially true for those that are traveling long distances in hopes of seeing the 'total" eclipse phenomenon.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I just hope for everyone's sake it is not cloudy on the 21st wherever they are. That is especially true for those that are traveling long distances in hopes of seeing the 'total" eclipse phenomenon.
    I was reading an article from somewhere, and may have been from here. The article pointed out that it was much more important to watch the weather than the percentage of eclipse, as that could be an absolute destroyer of your experience.

Outstanding point re the weather.

I"m going to order some glasses anyway and hope for the best. Need to get on it, they're still on Amazon Prime but may not be forever. I'm very remiss on such things.