Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: $2740

$2740

That's how much my car insurance just INCREASED with my 16-year old son's driver's license issued today.

If you see me delivering pizza at your house, tip well.

(Six drivers, five cars. In the next couple of weeks, six drivers, six cars.)

Re: $2740

U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Doe that include the fleet discount?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

My afternoon changed to getting new auto quotes. $7300 per year now.

Just received a quote $2,000 less from their cousin company, Allstate. Wow.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    It sounds to me like your son caused you to change risk brackets for them. I have often found that scouting companies can result in pretty dramatic savings. They all set their risk points at different levels, which means that often one will be dramatically better for you than others. When something changes, that's when its best for you to shop around. A $2730 increase for adding one kid is plum crazy. Hell at that point, it might be cheaper to have him on his own discrete policy.

Now waiting on Flo from Progressive. Have obtained six other quotes, Allstate currently at the bottom, eSurance currently at the top. Funny, as the two companies are related.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Yes, sometimes getting a huge increase can be a wake-up call to get quotes. Same thing happened years ago with us with an increase in our Nationwide bill. We talked to Flo and some of her friends and ended up going back to USAA after being gone for a number of years, and paying about half of what we would've paid if we'd stuck with Nationwide.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Rupp's Runt

Man, for that kinda money that needs to be the best darn pizza I've ever had!
    MOLON LABE!

Rupp's Runt

I did the same thing after Allstate tried to yazoo me after having been with them for years. I checked around and ended up with USAA. Haven't looked back since. Received more coverage for less money and their service is excellent.
    MOLON LABE!

Oh, my, goodness.
    Don't get me started on Automobile Insurance companies...legalized bookies that can set their rates wherever they want and you must have it to drive, legally.
    I feel your pain, sir.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

When my son hit the age of 16 and started driving, ours went up $1600 per year. Recently I dropped full coverage on his car and it saved us about $1000. We also recently dropped our 26 years old daughter and her car which resulted in a $900 per year savings. Those two moves took my policy from over $9K per year to $7K (home / car combo policy)
    Last edited by Doc; 07-10-2017 at 09:42 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.