Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Anyone ever get completely overwhelmed by things that never bothered you before?

Anyone ever get completely overwhelmed by things that never bothered you before?

So - I am a year and a half into my Family nurse practitioner degree. Hopefully next May I will be preparing to take boards and be a full fledged FNP. Everything has gone fine - except I have developed this complete anxiety when it comes time for tests, quizzes, and assignments. I have NEVER had test anxiety. I was always the nerd who was excited to take a test. Now - I literally get sick to my stomach and do anything and everything in my power to postpone testing, quizzes, homework, etc. I started seeing a therapist in February after my father died, but I have been having these feelings since last November and they continue to get worse the further I go in the program. The thing is - when I take my tests, etc. - I do well. I am doing a good job in the program and feel that once I am finished I will be a very good primary care provider. I just have absolutely no confidence in myself right now. Any one ever experience this?
    I'm keeping Receipts!!

Must be something with you nurses. My daughter is the same way. (She will be graduating, fingers crossed, from her nurse practitioner program next May as well). She stresses about school and does well. Maybe it's because you guys also work and it somehow combines the stress level, creating apprehension and doubt?

Will tell you the same as I tell her. You've got this. I never tell her not to worry, just relax or anything like that, because she will worry, but I just try to reassure her of her own competencies. You are the same way.

You've got this, Niki. You're on the home stretch and will soon be benefitting patients and their families in new and expanded ways.

You've got this.