Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

View Poll Results: In my "immune" car, the speed I would drive on interstate highways is

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65 or below

0 0%

0 0%

2 25.00%

2 25.00%

2 25.00%
  • 90 or more

2 25.00%

Get Out of Jail Free Card: What is your driving speed now?

Now let's turn the table a quarter-turn. Previously we discussed how fast we "normally" drive on an interstate highway, reasonable highway conditions, good weather, etc. Many/most seem to fall in that up to +9 over PSL category, but bigsky made a post that made me think of a related, but different question.

This time, we're going to ask what speed you would drive if you--and only you--were given a free pass, where you would not be given a speeding ticket, no insurance costs, and would not even be pulled over. You're driving a magic car that is immune from police authorities pulling you over.

Same conditions:

Interstate highway in good repair.
    Good weather.
    Reasonable traffic--not heavy, not light.

Don't worry about the speed limit. We're asking here what speed you would drive, period, under those situations. (Basically, I'm asking what speed do you think is SAFE for you to drive, not the speed you'd drive to be free from tickets and insurance hikes).

Here we go....

Re: Get Out of Jail Free Card: What is your driving speed now?

I'd probably drive about the speed I drive now. So, 65 in a 55, 80 in a 70, etc. I really don't feel safe going faster with other traffic around me.

Now if I'm someplace like the Western Kentucky Parkway and there's no traffic around...probably 20 over, like 90 in a 70.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

If the road is open....90 is fine. Of course its dependent upon traffic. Look at places like the Autobahn. Slow traffic to the right (if not you can be ticketed), get over for cars going faster, etc.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Interstate highway in good repair.
    Good weather.
    Reasonable traffic--not heavy, not light.

If you're on a computer, as opposed to a phone, be sure and vote the speed as well.

Get Out of Jail Free Card: What is your driving speed now?

Reasonable traffic 80-90, light traffic 90-100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Fab Five

I'd drive the same way I drive now.....85-90. If road is completely clear I'd wind it out to 100-110.
    Real Fan since 1958

I went with 80. I could go with 90 or more but not sure how long I could maintain it.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.