Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

In shocker, minimum wage shown once again to harm the poor

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...tudy-says.html

The University of Washington paper asserts the new wages boosted worker pay by 3 percent, but also resulted in a 9-percent reduction in hours and a $125 cut to the monthly paychecks. The law also cost the city 5,000 jobs, the report said.

Not really a surprise to anyone with good grades in microeconomics, which shows indisputably that minimum wages are bad for the very people who they are supposed to help. it pushes the allocation production from labor to capital and pushes a number of substitutes that only hurt the lowest wage earning workers.

Now, if you want to buy stock in fast food robotics companies, that's a good plan if you think this $15/ hour thing is going to take hold. Thank goodness in Kentucky the courts stopped Lexington from going off the deep end and pretty much wrecking our economy.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: In shocker, minimum wage shown once again to harm the poor

Wait, that makes no sense. If you pay people more they have more money, simple as that.

The other option is just have the US mint print 320 million dollar and then give everybody in the country $1,000,000 so we would all be millionaires. That would work too!
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

That would give everyone a dollar....

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Wait, that makes no sense. If you pay people more they have more money, simple as that.

The other option is just have the US mint print 320 million dollar and then give everybody in the country $1,000,000 so we would all be millionaires. That would work too!

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

The Washington Post has a very good article on the survey. It notes some possible rationale (including more higher paying jobs in Seattle where the survey was conducted) for this outcome but does say the survey was bad news for those who want to increase the minimum wage. For people with a statistics background, I think article is one to enjoy.

And no question this survey on its findings does give pause to those who say we should raise the minimum wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    That would give everyone a dollar....
    Oops, meant trillion
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.