Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Looking past "Climate Doomsayers", or how to win the next Cold War before it starts

Looking past "Climate Doomsayers", or how to win the next Cold War before it starts

Here's a story the national media will NEVER cover b/c of their anti-Trump, anti-coal, pro-climate-justifies-all mentality:

if the US can start exporting coal to Ukraine, we could shore up pro-Western Ukranians and create a hegemony against Russia in the country.

Why would the media report it now? B/c the Ukranian President was just here today meeting with Trump, and had the audacity to sing his praises. He also was here doing what? Working on deals to import US coal and oil.

Why would that matter? B/c Right now in the Ukraine most of their coal is in pro-Russian territory, and getting it from there essentially funds the pro-Russian rebels, but their industry needs coal. If he can get it from the West competitively they can leave the blockades in place against the pro Russian forces, cutting off their money and pushing Kiev closer to the US in a way that will be popular with many there. US coal will cost about twice as much, but IMO the US needs to directly subsidize those purchases with aid money, make it same-same for them if possible.

why won't the media bother to cover it much?

1) It points out that Trump is actually acting AGAINST the interests of Russia in that region and IN the interests of the US. Now that doesn't fit the message at all.

2) It shows Trump positively bc he's very complimentary of Trump

3) It shows that there are other concerns than broad climate issues when it comes to thinks like mining and exporting coal. It's not just about money, but can also be a matter of strategic interest to be able to provide energy sources to nations that otherwise will be forced to go to Russia or China.

So how did CNN cover this strategic move to hegemony against Russia? Their story is titled "
    Ukrainian leader, a Russian adversary, gets low-key welcome"

So they play it as if Trump is shunning him b/c he's an adversary of Russia. how's that for bias?

The US has him come here, we're trying to get him energy resources to help him be less dependent on pro Russian forces, but the CNN story focuses 100% on the lack of pomp and circumstance to the meeting. There is NO MENTION WHATSOEVER of coal or energy deals, the entire reason for his trip here. Not a word. They talk about how close he was with Obama and Biden, but no mention of how Obama did nothing to help Ukraine secure alternative energy sources. Nothing.

they do mention how such a meeting would make the Russians lose their minds, which of course explains why you'd be low key (which they promptly ignore), but dismiss the WH pointing out that he got direct one on one time with Trump, which isn't all that typical. Of course this is how you do such things, you don't need a band and a red carpet for a strategic meeting designed to create a bulwark against a powerful enemy who can still basically stomp Ukraine in a day if they chose.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/20/politi...use/index.html

So there you go, the free and righteous Fourth Estate protecting democracy by informing Americans of the truth so they can make enlightened decisions about their government. And if you believe that I have some original Jackson Pollock's in the gallery I'll sell you for $5 mil each.

Some reading on the subject if you're interested:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...list-tensions/

http://www.fort-russ.com/2017/06/ukr...expensive.html
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Looking past "Climate Doomsayers", or how to win the next Cold War before it star

Interview with the Ukranian President on Fox, where he is very complimentary of Trump and feels like Trump is a strong supporter of his country, and is as dismissive as he's comfortable being with the collusion stuff. Now he's not going to come on and criticize a sitting President, but the video gives you a feeling that they seem good with the start of things.

The proof will be in the pudding. This is worth watching b/c if we start getting coal and gas to their country it says a lot about our commitment not to help Russia but to contain Putin's desire to restore the Russian Empire.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/547811274...#sp=show-clips
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 06-21-2017 at 01:13 AM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Looking past "Climate Doomsayers", or how to win the next Cold War before it star

The US and Russia aren't acting like their is anyone playing nice.

I think US, Russia, and China should unite and attack another planet like Mars. It's more way better right?

US, Russia, and China should make a LAW/ RULE on how to lessen the pollution. For example for the next 10 years "no hazardous factory will be made" There are plenty of companies who have the same industry that can affect our climate. They should give Priveledge to the companies who were put up already but sanction them to pay higher more tax.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Welch View Post
    US, Russia, and China should make a LAW/ RULE on how to lessen the pollution. For example for the next 10 years "no hazardous factory will be made" There are plenty of companies who have the same industry that can affect our climate. They should give Priveledge to the companies who were put up already but sanction them to pay higher more tax.
    I think what you are describing, however flawed, is the Paris climate Accords.

Countries have to accept and abide by the agreement.

Part of the problem is that some countries benefit from global warming. Russia specifically with the warming of the ice caps could access a great deal more oil. It is in the Russian interest to cheer as the roof is on fire.
    Last edited by UKHistory; 07-21-2017 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    I think what you are describing, however flawed, is the Paris climate Accords.

Countries have to accept and abide by the agreement.

Part of the problem is that some countries benefit from global warming. Russia specifically with the warming of the ice caps could access a great deal more oil. It is in the Russian interest to cheer as the roof is on fire.
    Wow, imagine that. A country who is looking out for their best interests. What a cool idea. I bet Russia isn't worried about offending anybody as they make policy that benefits them, others be damned.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.