Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

How to comment on the FCC's Net Neutrality proposal

Re: How to comment on the FCC's Net Neutrality proposal

Thank you sir
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Thanks, I will be doing this and encourage every living American to jump on board. About the only thing that can stop this debacle is 50 million Americans in an absolute uproar over it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

They've had 5 million and 1 so far, so they need a few more.

5 million on something like this is a grassroots explosion, but it won't be enough for the bought and paid for politicians.

I can't imagine why Americans so badly want to drain the swamp. (and FWIW Sanders would have tried to do the same thing only in the other direction, thus his popularity).
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Can one of you guys provide a template? I want to do this right but in my own words.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Well, I agree with the article on not using a template, per se, but describing how it affects you, why you need it to remain, etc. The article gives some very good examples in the article (for example, I have a small business, and use it for marketing, communication, research, and a host of other items that I incorporated), and if you follow their lead, that's probably the way to go.

But here's a template that is linked in the article, too, and at least provides a guideline. Maybe this can be modified to fit, and that would be the best start:

The FCC's Open Internet Rules (net neutrality rules) are extremely important to me. I urge you to protect them.

I don't want ISPs to have the power to block websites, slow them down, give some sites an advantage over others, or split the Internet into "fast lanes" for companies that pay and "slow lanes" for the rest.

Now is not the time to let giant ISPs censor what we see and do online.

Censorship by ISPs is a serious problem. Comcast has throttled Netflix, AT&T blocked FaceTime, Time Warner Cable throttled the popular game League of Legends, and Verizon admitted it will introduce fast lanes for sites that pay-and slow lanes for everyone else-if the FCC lifts the rules. This hurts consumers and businesses large and small.

Courts have made clear that if the FCC ends Title II classification, the FCC must let ISPs offer "fast lanes" to websites for a fee.

Chairman Pai has made clear that he intends to do exactly this.

But if some companies can pay our ISPs to have their content load faster, startups and small businesses that can't pay those fees won't be able to compete. You will kill the open marketplace that has enabled millions of small businesses and created the 5 most valuable companies in America-just to further enrich a few much less valuable cable giants famous for sky-high prices and abysmal customer service.

Internet providers will be able to impose a private tax on every sector of the American economy.

Moreover, under Chairman Pai's plan, ISPs will be able to make it more difficult to access political speech that they don't like. They'll be able to charge fees for website delivery that would make it harder for blogs, nonprofits, artists, and others who can't pay up to have their voices heard.

I'm sending this to the FCC's open proceeding, but I worry that Chairman Pai, a former Verizon lawyer, has made his plans and will ignore me and millions of other Americans.

So I'm also sending this to my members of Congress. Please publicly support the FCC's existing net neutrality rules based on Title II, and denounce Chairman Pai's plans. Do whatever you can to dissuade him.

Thank you!

`Love it! Thanks, D.

You're more than welcome!

Another good article on it for those interested, from gizmodo: How to make sure your Net Neutrality comment will matter

Well, I sent a response and posted the link above on FB.

Terrific. Spread the word.

Bombino

Added my comment to this list.

Mine was filed as a lawyer; probably gets less attention that way, but figured it would be better than if somehow it was randomly pulled and they "learned" I was an attorney with a small firm/business.

Also, please send this to your Congressman if possible.

Record 9 million comments received. Now in one month rebuttal period.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...ity/488042001/

We could see this...

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    We could see this...
    Not just that, there are pole access rules, peer interconnect rules, etc. That are all in jeopardy if net neutrality falls. All of these are meant to increase and encourage competition.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

The only real hope if this happens is that these companies behave so badly, and they will, that the vast consumer base that has no idea this is an issue throws a complete fit to such a degree the politicians see votes in it and restore neutrality.

It's crap like this and the new expansion of civil seizure without a trial ("forfeiture" makes it sound nicer, but it's just theft at the end of a government gun) makes me realize I have no political home. I can't support a Left that gleefully wants to turn the nation into pliable dependent victims thus keeping them in political power, but the establishment of the GOP is no less interested in just lining their own pockets and power. Both are lying to their constituents and supporters to just get their votes, then they go to Washington and do whatever makes them the most money and power.

That's why Trump won, and why Sanders nearly did. The voters get that these a-holes are pissing down our backs and telling us it's raining, we just can't seem to get them out.