Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

How to insert a YouTube Video in a Post

It's the slow season, so it's a good time to hone in on your posting skills. Toward that end, here's a quick tutorial on how to post a YouTube Video on WildcatChat (or any of the forums here).

First, if you just post the link, you'll just get a link. Boring. You have to then (gasp) - CLICK on the link, and allow it to take you to YouTube, where you will see the video.

It's so old-fashioned. We're better than that! Plus it takes you temporarily away from the board, and who needs that, anyway?

So here's the remedy, in pictures. Enjoy. Give it a try if you've never done it before.

Step One.
    1 KSR video.JPG

Step Two. (This box appears automatically after you click the filmstrip in Step One).
    1 ksr2.JPG

Step Three. (This appears automatically after you click in Step Two).
    1 ksr3.JPG

Enjoy! Give it a try.

Re: How to insert a YouTube Video in a Post

I could not go it by using "copy link" ftom the video. I had to find the "copy" option and it works eith the longer URL.

I'm doing this from an iPad
    Last edited by UKFlounder; 06-19-2017 at 03:16 PM.

I always just right click in the address bar which highlights the text and opens up a box with options for actions. one choice is copy and I click that then come to the site and follow Darrell's instructions. Works fine every time
    seeya
    dan

ďI am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.Ē Hunter S Thompson

I usually just ask Chuck to do it

Peace

Richard (CW)

Unforgettable

Thank, Darrell!! What about photos? I used to be able to do that but now it tells me the photo is too large regardless of what size it actually is. I've tried that using the "picture" option on the action bar.
    "Calipariís Young Blue Machine marches on, slashing and burning and winning."
    - Bill Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    Thank, Darrell!! What about photos? I used to be able to do that but now it tells me the photo is too large regardless of what size it actually is. I've tried that using the "picture" option on the action bar.
    The option just to the left of the video option is "insert image". Give that a shot.

Peace

Richard (CW)

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    Is this the same problem you were having a year ago or so? I seem to recall....

Check this thread and see if this is the issue. Read toward the bottom.

http://www.kysportsreport.com/forums...ht=photo+large

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Is this the same problem you were having a year ago or so? I seem to recall....

Check this thread and see if this is the issue. Read toward the bottom.

http://www.kysportsreport.com/forums...ht=photo+large
    I guess I need to acquaint myself with the "search" feature. But at least that did get me to the photo of the lovely Mila Kunis.
    Last edited by Bakert; 06-19-2017 at 05:17 PM.
    "Calipariís Young Blue Machine marches on, slashing and burning and winning."
    - Bill Simmons.