Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Kevin Knox: UK Will Aim To Replicate Golden State's Devastating Approach

4-5 guards on floor at one time; 4 guards with 1 big....

https://www.seccountry.com/kentucky/...-like-warriors

Darryl

Re: Kevin Knox: UK Will Aim To Replicate Golden State's Devastating Approach

If it makes them feel better to call 6'9 players "guards."

As Kyle Tucker explained on Twitter-- Knox's point was that "Death Lineup" for GSW is all 6-6, 6-7, 6-9 guys, Draymond playing the 5, and UK could do something like that.

The nomenclature may change, but that's a combination of skilled wing forwards and power forwards. But it's not cool to say that, so we'll call them guards, or positionless lol.

I'll believe it when I see it.

We're more likely to see guys like Richards, SKJ, Washington and Vandebilt posting up after the guards pull up at the three point line to set up the offense.

There will be no change in offensive philosophy.
    "Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.”

Here are some nice clips from practice:

https://wildcatbluenation.com/2017/0...training-camp/

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    There will be no change in offensive philosophy.
    There are always changes in the offensive philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    There are always changes in the offensive philosophy.
    Strongly agree.

All one has to do is think back on different teams during the Cal era.

Some were heavily weighted towards the use of bigs, some more guard-oriented, and some "in between".

JMO.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Cal will develop each position over the course of the season. Shooters will learn to use multiple screens to get open...the point guards will study playing with and off the ball...bigs will learn post up basketball and rebounding, etc...

At the end there will be a post up game that looks very familiar to every season Cal has been here and the guards will drive the ball to either dish, score, or draw the foul. That is no knock on what we do, but I'll try to remember to point it out to validate my statement next season.
    The only thing that will change is the faces and the percentages..as in what works best.

I believe you guys are confusing new faces with differing strengths, to a changing philosophy. We will shrink the rotation as much as possible and finish doing what we do every year.

And it works.
    Last edited by kingcat; 06-19-2017 at 05:18 PM.
    "Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.”