Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Isaac Humphries has "unbelievable" day in front of 22 NBA Scouts


  2. #2
    Yeah, another 10 year pro Cal couldn't use to get to a final four. How many is that?
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

  3. #3

    Re: Isaac Humphries has "unbelievable" day in front of 22 NBA Scouts

    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Yeah, another 10 year pro Cal couldn't use to get to a final four. How many is that?
    Ouch!

    Peace

    Richard (CW)

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post

    Ouch!

    Peace

    Richard (CW)
    I shouldn't be so harsh but it is frustrating.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

  5. #5

    Re: Isaac Humphries has "unbelievable" day in front of 22 NBA Scouts

    Yep - 2 whole seasons without a Final 4 is Tubby-esque indeed.

    You're not a real fan

    (P.s. I do understand your point)

    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I shouldn't be so harsh but it is frustrating.

  6. #6
    Fiddlin' Five bigsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bozeman MT
    Posts
    6,304

    Re: Isaac Humphries has "unbelievable" day in front of 22 NBA Scouts

    I'll take Cal all day long. Lotta Cal bashing when he looks like a catholic choirboy in comparison to Roy, Rick, JimmieB et al. We have nothing to complain about!

  7. #7

    Re: Isaac Humphries has "unbelievable" day in front of 22 NBA Scouts

    Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    I'll take Cal all day long. Lotta Cal bashing when he looks like a catholic choirboy in comparison to Roy, Rick, JimmieB et al. We have nothing to complain about!
    Oh I know, i'd never trade him, but seriously we have had enough talent come through here to put together not one but the top 2 teams in the NBA. Most of the reason that hasn't mean 4 or 5 titles is that they're still so very young when here, and we've had a load of success, but I wish we could translate it into just a a half of step more b/c then we'd have 2 or maybe 3 titles in this span.

    I do wonder when pros are blown away with skills we never even saw in our guys. I get having to have guys play a role, and they will on a pro team too, but like in this case does that mean we could have gone big more often with Hump at the 5 and Bam at the 4 and we just didn't do it? there were times that lineup would have helped.

    It's a cynical view, and I get the situation, but I've seen about everyone on here share that frustration from time to time. It's why I want a couple more experienced guy on the roster, b/c I think that would do a lot to get us there.

    and I do question why Cal won't spread things out a bit more and if he's stackinsg up hours for guys when maybe a Humphries needs some more minutes, esp. early, to see if we can get those guys contributing more. I do think guys like him get buried on the bench and could do a lot for us if they'd had a shot in Nov/Dec tuneup games to get their game legs going.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

  8. #8

    Re: Isaac Humphries has "unbelievable" day in front of 22 NBA Scouts

    It's because Cal can't hide them on the defensive end.

    Whenever players like Humphries are in the game, opposing coaches go right at them, because they know Cal has no counter-move.

    Until/unless he's willing to adjust his defensive philosophy, you're going to see more and more of this sort of thing. Until those type of players quit considering Kentucky.

  9. #9
    Fiddlin' Five Philly Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    5,032

    Re: Isaac Humphries has "unbelievable" day in front of 22 NBA Scouts

    Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but I feel like we only hear that about Cal's big guys-- KAT, Skal, Bam, Humphries, et al.

    That's pretty simple, I think: yes, he's training them for their future because he thinks they need to sharpen their post skills before going to the NBA, but I think it's also a fair assessment of probabilities-- maybe Bam can shoot 3s, but would you prefer him shooting that shot over Fox/Monk? Probably not. And, if our bigs are shooting 3s, they're not down low to rebound shots by other guys, and our good teams in the past few years have been monsters on the offensive glass.

    The only non-big who gets the "I didn't know he could do that" treatment is Devin Booker. In what way was Booker held back? That's just a case of people not realizing how awesome Booker would be. We saw the great shooting, and we saw flashes of the playmaking, but how much more could Cal have done to 'feature' those skills?

  10. #10

    Re: Isaac Humphries has "unbelievable" day in front of 22 NBA Scouts

    Quote Originally Posted by kybobcat View Post
    It's because Cal can't hide them on the defensive end.
    I think it's as simple as that. You rarely hear the NBA types talking about, "wow, we really didn't know he could get after it on defense," do you? It's always, "he can shoot--we didn't know that. Look at his low-post moves--he's quick on his feet. Has a variety of shots."

    All offensive.

  11. #11

    Re: Isaac Humphries has "unbelievable" day in front of 22 NBA Scouts

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I think it's as simple as that. You rarely hear the NBA types talking about, "wow, we really didn't know he could get after it on defense," do you? It's always, "he can shoot--we didn't know that. Look at his low-post moves--he's quick on his feet. Has a variety of shots."

    All offensive.
    Then they get to the league and good teams will predicate their PT on defense.

  12. #12

    Re: Isaac Humphries has "unbelievable" day in front of 22 NBA Scouts

    Quote Originally Posted by kybobcat View Post
    It's because Cal can't hide them on the defensive end.

    Whenever players like Humphries are in the game, opposing coaches go right at them, because they know Cal has no counter-move.

    Until/unless he's willing to adjust his defensive philosophy, you're going to see more and more of this sort of thing. Until those type of players quit considering Kentucky.
    "wont" as opposed to "cant", but yes I agree.

    Hump can't switch and guard the perimeter. which begs the question of why Cal took him and why it's illegal to play zone or push your lightning quick guards to get through screens better.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •