Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Bozich Rips UL: NCAA Calls UL Violations "Repugnant"

Re: Bozich Rips UL: NCAA Calls UL Violations "Repugnant"

HOLY F_CK!

A 17-year-old prospect who engaged in oral sex and sexual intercourse with one of the prostitutes offered that he ‘really didn’t know too much about what was going on.’ Prospect 2, who was 16 years old at the time of his visit, described how the former operations director handed him a condom and sent him to a room to engage in a sex act.
    The former operations director is lucky that he isn't on a sex offender registry right now. Actively arranging for teens to have sex with adults (or even other teens) under ANY other circumstances would guarantee it.

The NCAA wasn't real tickled either with the insanely callous argument that they didn't spend much on the hookers so the benefit wasn't very big so they should get a lighter punishment.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    The NCAA wasn't real tickled either with the insanely callous argument that they didn't spend much on the hookers so the benefit wasn't very big so they should get a lighter punishment.
    Taking one look at the si cover would tell you they didn't spend much. Wouldn't it be better for everyone had they spent more? I mean at least they would have shown concern for the players genital health.
    Go Cats!

My soiled dove is better than theirs! j/s
    My Photography Page; http://rogerelliottphotography.com/

And yet there has been no mention of a criminal investigation into McGee's activities. The statements by several of the prospects should be good enough to get things rolling, but so far nothing. Instead prosecutors seem to have given up after a Grand Jury failed to indicte Powell.

Could the FBI get involved since many of the recruits traveled across state lines to meet the ladies in an illegal transaction?
    seeya
    dan

I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky. Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Could the FBI get involved since many of the recruits traveled across state lines to meet the ladies in an illegal transaction?
    I guess it depends on if any federal laws were broken.

Rick Pitino, Head Coach or Head Pimp Daddy?

Eric Crawford actually wrote a really good piece about how Rick and UL are handling this all the wrong way, as well. Worth a read.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedonnie123 View Post
    Eric Crawford actually wrote a really good piece about how Rick and UL are handling this all the wrong way, as well. Worth a read.
    http://www.wdrb.com/story/35678337/c...shining-moment

" good piece " ?

Just doesn't sound right in a story at Rick and Ul.

But it continues to ignore the reality of what is really the problem at UL. The entire school is about corruption. The fans have no problem with Rick and his sex scandals. They have no problem with Piitrino and his lying and sex scandals. They have no problem keeping coaches the NCAA has given show cause penalties to. They embrace the culture and they simply don't have any morals whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kacat View Post
    But it continues to ignore the reality of what is really the problem at UL. The entire school is about corruption. The fans have no problem with Rick and his sex scandals. They have no problem with Piitrino and his lying and sex scandals. They have no problem keeping coaches the NCAA has given show cause penalties to. They embrace the culture and they simply don't have any morals whatsoever.

Because they are winning. The ends justify the means

I'm a unitasker living in a multitasker world

Eric Crawford piece archived if you don't want to give the site clicks:

http://archive.is/onhZO

Under the order to vacate, U of L must return all trophies, remove all public references to the championship, haul down that huge section of the Georgia Dome court from the KFC Yum! Center, wipe all statistics from the books, amend Pitino's coaching record and strike any ineligible players' statistics from the record.

You can talk about "well, everybody remembers who won," etc., but when it comes down to it, removing the constant reminders and tributes to those wins is a significant hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kacat View Post
    So, so true. And in their minds it's okay because they hate our state and the majority of the people in it outside of the local TV coverage area and look down upon us to such a degree. "We may be criminals but at least we're not hicks".

Bozich Rips UL: NCAA Calls UL Violations "Repugnant"

Quote Originally Posted by ShoesSwayedBlue View Post
    So, so true. And in their minds it's okay because they hate our state and the majority of the people in it outside of the local TV coverage area and look down upon us to such a degree. "We may be criminals but at least we're not hicks".
    That's certainly the vibe I get, looking from afar.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoesSwayedBlue View Post
    Meh. I've lived here my whole life and that isn't really true. I've always heard that, especially from my family out in the state, but it's not something I've ever experienced from people in the city, UL fan or not. Most people have ties to the rest of Kentucky, so it's not realistic that the whole city would hate the state.

Meh. I've lived here my whole life and that isn't really true. I've always heard that, especially from my family out in the state, but it's not something I've ever experienced from people in the city, UL fan or not. Most people have ties to the rest of Kentucky, so it's not realistic that the whole city would hate the state.
    GREAT post and I wholeheartedly agree.

It's FAR more true, IMO, that UK fans outside of Louisville hate the most interesting city in the state, which I find somewhere between sad and silly.

Also, concurring with Mick on this (I think he more or less said the same, in some thread somewhere lol), I have always found the notion that Louisville is dominated by Cards fans to be ridiculous as well.

We are UK. That is the biggest city in the Commonwealth. Therefore UK fans are AT LEAST the same in numbers, if not more. Personally, I believe it's the BBN that owns the 'ville.

JMO.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    GREAT post and I wholeheartedly agree.

It's FAR more true, IMO, that UK fans outside of Louisville hate the most interesting city in the state, which I find somewhere between sad and silly.

Also, concurring with Mick on this (I think he more or less said the same, in some thread somewhere lol), I have always found the notion that Louisville is dominated by Cards fans to be ridiculous as well.

We are UK. That is the biggest city in the Commonwealth. Therefore UK fans are AT LEAST the same in numbers, if not more. Personally, I believe it's the BBN that owns the 'ville.

JMO.
    UL might have a slight edge in numbers, maybe. But it's very much a maybe. Strangely, in my experience there's a higher concentration of UL fans just outside of Louisville, in Oldham, Shelby, and Bullitt counties.

Edit: Also, I too find the bolded statement above to be true, and it really is sad. Referring back to aforementioned family members that will bash the city right to my face, when they come here extremely rarely, and then only to use the airport or convention center.
    Last edited by Thedonnie123; 06-19-2017 at 04:09 PM.

UL might have a slight edge in numbers, maybe. But it's very much a maybe. Strangely, in my experience there's a higher concentration of UL fans just outside of Louisville, in Oldham, Shelby, and Bullitt counties.
    Interesting perspective. Thanks Thedonnie.

The thing about urban areas that is difficult for folks to grasp who rarely visit and/or never have lived in such a place is that, so often, there is a LOT of change going on, with particular regard to population type, and even density depending on where you are looking. Thus, my guess is that the relative numbers of UL and UK fans goes through little hills and valleys, one overtaking the other and vice versa over handfuls of years.

Just a guess, but that is what I have seen living in medium-sized to monster-sized urban areas over at least half of my life.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"