Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OT: Congressmen shot at baseball practice this morning

GOP WHIP Scalise one of the ones hit.

@fmtalk1065: .@mobrooksforsen used his belt as tourniquet to stop the bleeding of GOP Whip Steve Scalise.

Text from Mo Brooks.

The breaking story is on NBC now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Two Capitol police officers also shot.

They are reporting the shooting took place during a practice for a bipartisan congressional baseball game. The field is in Alexandria VA.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Sounds like the shooter was behind 3rd base.

@DianneG:

Brooks says Scalise was "dragging his body from 2nd base to the outfield to get away from the shooting"...describes a 10-15ft blood trail

RT @desiderioDC:

Rep. Mo Brooks on CNN says the shooter basically ran around the bases. Said Scalise "crawled into the outfield leaving a trail of blood"

@KateBennett_DC: . @RepMoBrooks says that even though one of the officers shot in the leg, he still continued to defend his protectees.

@KateBennett_DC: . @RepMoBrooks "shooter starts coming around home plate where we are ... security detail took him down."

Re: OT: Congressmen shot at baseball practice this morning

Pathetic Coward!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

scary. Know the area. Horrible.

Rupp's Runt

Oh, this is sooooooooo rich! What astonishes me is that it has not happened way before now.

Reported on Drudge Report, rumors have it that before he started shooting, the shooter asked if the representatives on the field were "Republicans or Democrats".........

To which my retort would be "does it really matter?".........

Yes, this is unfortunate & tragic, but at the same time not unexpected. What took this leftist loon so long to do this? And what Constitutional rights is Congress now seriously going to contemplate taking from us to protect themselves against us? Who is he, and where is he from? Does he have a history of "mental illness" or some other alleged mental defects? Is he part of a fringe hate group? Is he even an American citizen? IS HE A MUSLIM?

And what are these hateful, lazy, pathetic, useless morons in Congress going to do now? THAT is what concerns me most.........how are these idiots going to respond?
    MOLON LABE!

The guy has been identified as James T Hodgkinson from Illinois. Looks like he was targeting GOP congressional members. Contrary to what the media portrays most of these nuts are leftists.

I think most of the nuts today are Republican conservative apologists who completely turn a blind eye to what their leaders are doing and those who defend them.

See how stupid that looks?

Please refrain from any other political discussion. This was an OT post about a breaking national tragic event. Let's keep the opinions out of it.

Gotta wonder how much of the anti-Trump hysteria fed into this guy.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    The guy has been identified as James T Hodgkinson from Illinois. Looks like he was targeting GOP congressional members. Contrary to what the media portrays most of these nuts are leftists.
    I'm sure its because he was so upset about Trump winning the election and his hate for everything that it drove this guy to shoot people. In other words "its Trumps fault".

Truth be told, anybody who does this type of thing is just flat out nuts regardless of what their political leanings are. There are leftist nuts and rightist nuts.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I think most of the nuts today are Republican conservative apologists who completely turn a blind eye to what their leaders are doing and those who defend them.

See how stupid that looks?

Please refrain from any other political discussion. This was an OT post about a breaking national tragic event. Let's keep the opinions out of it.
    I'm sorry about this post. It looks out of place now, but the reason I made the post was because this thread was originally on the Wildcatchat Forum. I didn't want partisan politics to play a part in the sports board.

You can ignore this post, as I think all of the posts here are perfectly fine and have merit, since this is the right place for them.

Shooter.

@CBSNews:

Initial reports say the shooting suspect was a supporter of Sen. Sanders; Sanders tweeted his thoughts & prayers for wounded Rep. Scalise https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/8...262592/video/1

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Completely false and just a sad statement. The uptick in violence in 2017 is definitely not from the left. Portland included.

When are people going to realize the threats to our people doesn't only come from brown people that worship differently?

This is a terrorist act.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Like the guy trying to stab people at Transylvania who asked people their political affiliation, the operative word is loon, nut, or mentally unhinged.

For some people the terms liberal or conservative has such a negative connotation that nothing else that said is taken for the merit of the argument.

Liberals and conservatives are capable of equalling loving their God, their family, their country and most importantly of all there basketball program.

Both sides get demonized by the other. It is counterproductive. I can understand John Short, famous UK fan on the radio, having such a black and white view of conservatives and liberals. Guys on the radio kid him that he is a liberal (he is not) and he can't accept it. But John is challenged.

Adults who are not impaired should find a way to be courteous, respectful heck even open to the other person's position on an issue.

Today is a tragedy that should bring folks together as Americans. Not liberals or conservatives.

What took place on the baseball field today is an affront to human decency. When the bullets start flying it is about saving lives and disarming and arresting the shooters.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Oh, this is sooooooooo rich! What astonishes me is that it has not happened way before now.

Reported on Drudge Report, rumors have it that before he started shooting, the shooter asked if the representatives on the field were "Republicans or Democrats".........
    Already, debunked as lazy reporting. Apparently, a bystander was the one asking this question not the shooter. The shooter just opened fire without saying anything.

Also, current reports are that he somehow got a hold of an illegal military-issue M4. Earlier reports indicated an AR-15 but that has been corrected. Gun control would have not stopped this one, this guy somehow got illegal military hardware to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    Completely false and just a sad statement. The uptick in violence in 2017 is definitely not from the left. Portland included.

When are people going to realize the threats to our people doesn't only come from brown people that worship differently?

This is a terrorist act.
    Really? thsi is a horrible act, but when anyone tied to Trump in any way does something violent it's b/c of Trump. This guy was a "progressive" Sanders supporter who clearly bought into the deafening mantra that Trump is some kind of anti-Christ and the GOP is hoping kids and minorities all starve to death.

The few speaking out on this are right: the rhetoric has to be toned down. Trump needs to do it, but so do those on the Left who are endorsing plays of Trump being assassinated etc.

Those things are only making it harder to come together and accomplish anything, and only feeding the lunatics on both sides who don't know this is all just a political game played by the ruling class in their struggle for power.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    Already, debunked as lazy reporting. Apparently, a bystander was the one asking this question not the shooter. The shooter just opened fire without saying anything.

Also, current reports are that he somehow got a hold of an illegal military-issue M4. Earlier reports indicated an AR-15 but that has been corrected. Gun control would have not stopped this one, this guy somehow got illegal military hardware to do this.
    I'm betting heavily he was targeting Republicans, though he may have flipped and just targeted Congress in general.

Clearly he's a lunatic, just like most other such events, so I don't hold Sanders or someone else responsible. But I will note the media has been desperate to paint Trump supporters in this light for a year or more.

I will say that it's only hurting for the rhetoric and accusations to have reached this level of inaccuracy and shrillness. The media have done their best to convince people Trump is just flat evil. Not wrong on his views on immigration, etc. but just evil. This follows a decades long march to where politics are not about differences in policy but about demonizing the other side in order to stir up the masses. Of course that's always been the case in politics, but it seems to be reaching absurd proportions in the US currently.

And that tone is part of the problem, and it's shared by a lot of people on both sides. Trump has been absurdly over the top in his statements, but so have the media and Hollywood right back at him, and all of them need to stop.

As for the gun, I'll be surprised if he got a M4 but you never know. It statistically would have had to come from a LEO office or the military. He's from Illinois, and they have some of the strictest gun laws in the US, including I believe a ban on Class III weapons.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Let's see how these chicken-littles in Congress respond. That is what concerns me. All by his lonesome, one idiot will likely have reignited the inane "gun control" debate anew. And taken that debate to new heights.

This guy is allegedly a Bernie Sanders supporter. Allegedly. If that is true, it puts him further left than some here may want to believe. And I agree with the domestic terrorist idea, although at what point does that line get crossed, in reality? That goes both ways on both sides of the aisle. Neither of which washes in any manner.

None of these people in D.C. are really Americans in the classic sense anymore. They are drones or surrogates or do-boys for the political machine. Nothing more. The American people? Who are they?
    MOLON LABE!

Hodgkinson, a licensed home inspector who ran his business out of his Illinois home, has a history of arrests and was charged in 2006 with assaulting his girlfriend, according to public records. At the time, police recovered a pocket knife, hair they say was pulled out of his girlfriend's head, and a 12-gauge shotgun at the scene of the alleged attack. The case was later dismissed, according to public records.

Police also responded to reports of gunshots at his Belleville home in late March, according to a police report. Callers to 911 reported hearing 50 shots. Police said they found Hodgkinson with a weapon in his possession and a valid Illinois firearms license. They told Hodgkinson not to fire his weapon in that area as there were homes nearby.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ooting-n772271

The shooter has died from his injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post

Two Congressmen, Rep. Jeff Duncan and Rep. Ron DeSantis, described an encounter with a man who asked them if those practicing were “Republicans or Democrats” before the shooting. DeSantis, when shown a photo of Hodgkinson, confirmed he was the man who approached him, CNBC reports.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/06/james-...fied-illinois/

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Two Congressmen, Rep. Jeff Duncan and Rep. Ron DeSantis, described an encounter with a man who asked them if those practicing were “Republicans or Democrats” before the shooting. DeSantis, when shown a photo of Hodgkinson, confirmed he was the man who approached him, CNBC reports.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/06/james-...fied-illinois/
    The most recent and more detailed reports list the man who asked about the political party of those playing on the field as wearing running clothes and not carrying anything, while the shooter was wearing jeans and a t-shirt and clearly carrying an enormous gun. While it is entirely possible that he both stashed his gun somewhere AND changed clothes just to ask about the politicians on the field, it is not only very illogical but very unlikely. That being said, irrespective of this, it appears that this was highly politically motivated.