Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Per Terry McAuliffe global warming won't be a problem

Per Terry McAuliffe global warming won't be a problem

since 93 million people are killed every day from gun violence.

If that's just the US, then the buffalo will be back in charge by Monday. If he means worldwide that will take about 80 days before the race is extinguished. Maybe a bit longer as you'd expect that number to slow as we lose so many people. Still, after 6 months or so the planet should be fine.

FWIW I'm not holding my breath to see him viciously attacked by the media for bringing this up while victims were still in surgery, the way they attacked Trump for pointing out the need for a travel ban in light of the London attacks. Esp. since Obama did it every time there was a shooting and they didn't say anything.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Per Terry McAuliffe global warming won't be a problem

He probably believed the former President when he said he was going to campaign in all 57 States
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

It seems like every tragedy is an opportunity to push an agenda when the focus should be on the survivors.

Clelarly th 93 million was horrible hyperbole that the governor quickly corrected. However sincere the governor began his statement "this is not the place/time" when responding about this after a question, he went there and did not have to. On the other side was this...

One of the survivors was quoted as lamenting the inability to carry a firearm into D.C.

While you may live in VA it is illegal to carry a gun into the city. The practice was in VA but no one was going to carry a gun to the ball field, go home to leave the gun and return to the city.

Some would argue that that gentleman was using the incident to attack a strict gun policy that he opposes in the abstract but now more practically speaking.

I think both men entitled to speak their piece. But today is a time to pray for the survivors.

Just a horrible tragedy. It isn't about guns to me. This is mental health
    Last edited by UKHistory; 06-14-2017 at 09:20 PM.

History, I was going to post a thread asking why these guys weren't carrying, b/c goodness knows if I were a Congressman i'd be armed at all times, but then I wondered if it wasn't b/c of the DC laws.

the DC laws are a travesty, for lots of reasons, but mostly b/c there are a lot of obviously high value targets there who are forcibly disarmed.

As for his comments, they don't offend me per se, though obviously I disagree with them. I do think with something so local it's incumbent to maybe wait a day before we start the political repercussions. I was just going to highlight how the media is so biased that they attack those actions when it's a policy agenda they don't support, but largely ignore it when they support that agenda.

Though apparently a reporter did actually say "then why bring it up" after McAuliffe said this wasn't the time. he should have said he does think this raises important policy issues, but that today isn't the day for that, and that lets him hint at it but still be respectful, the he can follow up later with the politics.

Like I said that wont' keep me up at night, nor did Trump's, but timing is everything.

As an aside, I see this in family death situations too. Some are ready to start sorting the stuff in the house out before the funeral, some see that as utterly disrespectful. Some of it is just a matter of taste, but in politics they should err on the side of caution.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

There are a variety of reasons I dont live in the city. Second amendment is a very important one to me.

You are right on the bias. Part of it is pure partisan. Other times it is because if the personality or tone.

Good example about family deaths. And erring on side of respect very important.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    There are a variety of reasons I dont live in the city. Second amendment is a very important one to me.

You are right on the bias. Part of it is pure partisan. Other times it is because if the personality or tone.

Good example about family deaths. And erring on side of respect very important.
    My problem with the bias isn't that it's even left or right. I'm just sick of the constant hypocrisy, and I see that as the main reason we can't sit down and be reasonable with each other.

It's OK we don't all agree, but these games politicians play where they whip up hysteria and play to the most base of our instincts is just not helpful. Trump gets accused of doing that a lot, and to some degree he absolutely does esp. in his delivery, but both sides do it all the time.

I saw someone talk about the fact that Sec. DeVoss has had $8 million in security thus far b/c of the threats. It's OK to think she's wrong about school choice, but she was painted as plain evil, a person who wanted to destroy schools and education and harm millions of kids. Now it's OK to think school choice is wrong, but going that next step and vilifying her as having nefarious intent to do harm, like she's sitting there at night plotting ways to hurt kids, is where we go wrong.

She clearly wants to help kids and help education, she just thinks the best way to do it is with school choice. The way to respond is to debate about school choice, not accuse her of either not caring or being a monster of some kind.

Same for Trump, same for whoever, same for Obama and Holder. I think Holder was an abomination as an AG, but I didn't think he was evil, I think he just believed in priorities I don't support.