Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: Congressmen shot at baseball practice this morning

Re: OT: Congressmen shot at baseball practice this morning

I'm not surprised the guy was a Bernie supporter. These are the same types that have been violent in Berkley, DC and elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    The shooter has died from his injuries.
    Well, I can't say I'm all broken up over that. Saved a couple millions of government dollars to put him on trial and house him in jail.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    Completely false and just a sad statement. The uptick in violence in 2017 is definitely not from the left. Portland included.

When are people going to realize the threats to our people doesn't only come from brown people that worship differently?

This is a terrorist act.
    Yeah, because the left wouldn't condone violence. That "uptick" definitely isn't from the left.
    Last edited by Doc; 06-14-2017 at 03:29 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Yeah, because the left wouldn't condone violence. That "uptick" definitely isn't from the left.
    Or commit violence in Berkley, DC and elsewhere.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

There are crazies and loudmouths on both sides.

This is a mental health issue more than a partisan. In terms of creating an environment that is conducive a healthy discourse.

SCalice is in bad way. As Americans we should all say a prayer; give blood or figure out to show love to our fellow citizens.

There is a militant violent strand of folks on both sides. And this is a mental health issue.

God bless all the injured and thank the police for putting themselves harm's way.

No doubt it's a mental health thing. no doubt.

But both sides need to tone it down and dial it back, mostly bc it's the only way we can work together to do any good, but also b/c the over the top accusations and attacks are like doggie treats to the lunatic fringe. When people tweet that any President is evil or is hoping Americans die (and Obama was attacked that way like Trump though I think the level of it with Trump has by far set a record), there are people out there who can't filter that as just over the top hyperbole and politics. It just gets them all the more worked up.

Trump has given out as good as he's gotten individually, and I blame him for his full share of setting a very poor and frankly 'trailer trash' tone in our politics, but the fever pitch the media is at which basically claims Trump is an evil Russian sleeper agent hell bent on setting up concentration camps for immigrants and starving kids, etc. and so on, is just absurd.

We saw the same absurd claims about Obama, but in that case they only came from the fringe right and didn't get play in the mainstream media. Alex Jones and such sure, but the anti-trump stuff is playing prime time on CNN. Fox was hard on him, but it was nothing like the tone we now see with Trump, not even close.

Trump is a boorish ass, and he's got issues of ego and pompousness that Freud couldn't fix, but being all those things doesn't make him evil or a man secretly trying to bring down America.

Remember those "reports" that Obama was going to scheme some kind of crisis so he could stay in office and get a third term? That stuff was lunacy, but it only showed up on the fringe. If someone reported Trump was plotting a coup today it would be the lead on the networks and a third of the country would probably believe it on its face.

People don't have to like him, and if they want to despise him personally or the direction he wants to take the country OK, but that extra step to just being hysterical versus seeing him as a political opponent to be out thought and out debated is where we're getting into trouble. There's just way too much hyperbole out there, mostly being done to get ratings.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

And I also agree there is plenty of lunacy on both sides. The extremists are there for both. The thing is the left leaning ones are currently being worked up into a tizzy, but I'm not going to say it's on one side or the other. Both sides need to stop the absurdity and try to have a dialogue based on actual thought and not just trying to paint the other side as evil.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

He was apparently a member of a Facebook group called "Terminate the Republican Party". Really? I'm all for free speech, but in a world where saying immigration laws should be enforced is called hate speech, this stuff gets by?

If nothing else the FBI and Secret Service should be on these kinds of groups like white on rice.

This could be a time where we all come together across the political spectrum and decide to step back from the hate-mongering that's taken us fairly close to the brink as a people.

And we're going to screw this one up, too.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    This could be a time where we all come together across the political spectrum and decide to step back from the hate-mongering that's taken us fairly close to the brink as a people.

And we're going to screw this one up, too.
    Yep, and you can thank the MSM and the mobs who seemingly have nothing better to do.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.