Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Kentucky v Louisville Super Regional Game 2

Lineup change: Troy Squires in at catcher, Luke Becker out of the DH spot, replaced by Kole Cottam.

Sean Hjelle on the mound, Kentucky is the home team today.

Re: Kentucky v Louisville Super Regional Game 2

37 mins to game time. ESPN2

GO CATS!!!!!
    seeya
    dan

“I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.” Hunter S Thompson

I bet Hjelle is more comfortable with Squires catching him, and their effectiveness today is an enormous key.

UK Athletics posted this Twitter pic from the ballpark. Love this.

I saw Kyle Tucker estimate that 25% of the crowd was Blue yesterday. That's pretty impressive.

If UK could some how manage to get up 7-0 and hold that till the 6th inning, the crowd would be 75% UK by then.
    seeya
    dan

“I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.” Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    If UK could some how manage to get up 7-0 and hold that till the 6th inning, the crowd would be 75% UK by then.
    Good coaching strategy to get fan support

I'm still amazed that Kentucky v Louisville did not get prime time for ESPN. Two top 10 teams, natural rivalries, with matchups like today's--the college baseball player of the year on the mound for Louisville vs the SEC Pitcher of the year for Kentucky.

I like the Noon start time myself, with a couple of quibbles, but I think it deserved a better slot than this for promotion purposes.

Let's roll Big Blue!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I'm still amazed that Kentucky v Louisville did not get prime time for ESPN. Two top 10 teams, natural rivalries, with matchups like today's--the college baseball player of the year on the mound for Louisville vs the SEC Pitcher of the year for Kentucky.

I like the Noon start time myself, with a couple of quibbles, but I think it deserved a better slot than this for promotion purposes.
    So no TV coverage? The one time I don't have the goat, biggest game in Ky baseball history.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Game was moved to ESPN instead of the deuce
    seeya
    dan

Hey!!! Wait a minute it's listed as being on ESPN.

Yep, they are live and it is on now....

Good grief. Strike three no call
    seeya
    dan

Marshall may work his way into an all star at third some day. He is good
    seeya
    dan

Good grief. Strike three no call
    Umpire just missed that. That will be a strike the rest of the game.

Good start for Hjelle. 3 up 3 down
    seeya
    dan

Marshall may work his way into an all star at third some day. He is good
    With Heady's improvement, I am very comfortable with balls hit that side now.

Hjelle missed with his curve early, but hasn't thrown it much, relying on fastballs. His location isn't perfect, but it's not bad, and I'll take a 13-pitch, 3-up, 3-down inning any time for him.

Got first batter out on a nifty grab by Marshall with a smooth throw to first on the run; a fly ball to Reks in medium left field, and a foul pop up to Evan White.

Bottom 1
    Kentucky 0
    Louisville 0

Simply amazing that McKay drinks a coke during they game. INCREDIBLE

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have"- T. Jefferson

The.depth of the information given during a telecast if frightening.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have"- T. Jefferson

Pompey, batting right-handed to face the southpaw McKay, takes two straight balls, then a called strike about where the umpire missed the first inning strike for Hjelle. McKay relying on his fastball and location, operating between 90-92 it appears if you can believe TV graphics. Then throws a curve on the 7th pitch to Pompey that he just sorta knuckles to the first baseman for an easy groundout.

White takes a pitch 2 inches farther outside than the one the umpire missed the first inning (told ya it would be a strike). He's behind 0-2, takes a curve low. Another one over the plate, and White hits it right back to central park, safely down in center field for a base hit.

Ball bounced in the dirt, catcher got lucky and it bounced straight into his mitt, White can't move. Reks in the hole, 1-2. Stat from TV says that Reks is batting 120 points less against southpaws.

He hits a shot, but it is right at the 3rd baseman, and it's a 5-4-3 double play to end the inning. Tough luck, as Reks hit a shot there.

Top 2
    Kentucky 0
    Louisville 0

DP ends the 1st. Reks hit it well, just right at the 3rd baseman
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Simply amazing that McKay drinks a coke during they game. INCREDIBLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    The.depth of the information given during a telecast if frightening.
    lol...that it is. And Mountain Dew the night before? Man, these guys are GOOOOOOOD. At something.

Hjelle gets his counterpart, McKay (who is a two-way player, in case you missed the 17 times the announcers said it pregame and since) to hit a short fly to center, easy out # 1.

2-2 on Ellis (the home run hero for UofL yesterday), and he does it again, on a fastball up on a 2-2 pitch, and it's 1-0 Louisville.

Hope that is the last one Hjelle serves up today. Good grief that was right down the pike with no movement
    seeya
    dan

Driving me crazy again today behind the plate. Squires is back to the convoluted set of hand motions when giving the signs with a man at 2nd. Killing Hjelle's rhythm
    seeya
    dan

Next batter in a hole, 0-2, hits a little chopper, weak, but over the 6'11 Hjelle...Heady tries to barehand it--probably wouldn't have done any good, but couldn't, and it's an infield single.

Time for a double play, Cats. Need Hjelle to pitch deep today.

Another weak chopper, but this one won't make it past Hjelle. Too slow and too risky to try for the force, so Hjelle goes to 1st for out # 2. Cards runner moves to 2nd.

Side note--Louisville's road uniforms look 100x better than their home uniforms.

Hjelle misses, then floats a curve over the plate. Fouled off, and he's ahead 1-2, and next pitch will be # 32 for him. Just misses inside--this umpire has a tight zone; hopefully UK can take advantage of it on our end. Easy grounder to Heady, he clutches and pumps, throws to first wide of the bag, but a terrific stretch with the foot on the bag, and out # 3.

Bottom 2
    Kentucky 0
    Louisville 1

Thank you Mr White. That one almost cost the Cats a run but you managed to catch it with the foot on the bag
    seeya
    dan

Hope that is the last one Hjelle serves up today. Good grief that was right down the pike with no movement
    It was awfully pretty, if by pretty you mean over the heart of the plate throwing batting practice.