Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Kentucky v North Carolina State: Regional Championship Game Chat (SEC Network)

Game has been picked up by the SEC Network.

LHP Zach Logue, who threw 58 pitches Saturday, gets the start for Kentucky as we expected.1 UK regional championship.JPG
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 06-05-2017 at 06:08 PM.

Re: Kentucky v North Carolina State: Regional Championship Game Chat (SEC Network)

For reference during the game:

Pitch count during the Regionals:

1. Logue: 58 (Sat)

Possible relievers include:

Schaenzer: 61 (Sun)
    Cleary: 40 (Sun)
    Machamer: 15 (Fri); 53 (Sun)
    Salow: 20 (Fri); 32 (Sun)
    Hjelle: 107 (Fri)
    Lewis: 90 (Sat)
    Maley: 2 (Sun)

Wild card:
    Pop: Hasn't pitched since April 29th against South Carolina, when he suffered a forearm injury that had him out "at least two weeks." Reportedly was available for SEC Tournament.

Out for tonight:
    Thompson: 110 (Sun)

Have not yet appeared before tonight (season innings pitched; ERA; opp BA)

Pop: (20.2, 3.48, .237)
    Keen: (7.1, 3.68, .348)

Kentucky v North Carolina State: Regional Championship Game Chat (SEC Network)

I've got some yard work to get done, so I'll be doing my part again tonight by avoiding watching... see you around 10:30 or 11:00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Kentucky v North Carolina State: Regional Championship Game Chat (SEC Network)

North Carolina State's pitch count this tournament:

Two that have already started many games this season:
    Piedmonte: 16 (Fri)
    Bienlien: 20 (Sat)

Others:
    O'Donnell: 69 (Fri)
    Beckman: 51 (Fri)
    DeJuneas: 48 (Fri), 11 (Sun)
    Klyman: 4 (Fri); 34 (Sun)
    Staley: 18 (Fri); 12 (Sat)
    Naughton: 5 (Sun)
    Sean Adler: 5 (Fri); 122 (Sat)

Out for tonight:
    Brian Brown: 117 (Sun)

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I've got some yard work to get done, so I'll be doing my part again tonight by avoiding watching... see you around 10:30 or 11:00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Appreciate your sacrifice for the good of the team.

Kentucky will be the visiting team tonight, in the 3rd base dugout.

Thinking way too far ahead, but if Kentucky survives tonight, and advances, and if Sean Hjelle pitches some, I think I would throw Justin Lewis in Game 1 of the Super Regionals to give Hjelle another day's rest. Certainly would want him pitching Game 2, though. I guess you could play it by ear--if you win Game 1, maybe think about throwing Thompson in Game 2?

Cats are set up much better for Super Regionals, a 3-game series, than they are for a regional tournament. If you have 2 dominating pitchers, you have a shot at winning a Super.

I don't know whether our Super Regional would start Friday or Saturday, but either way, more rest would be good.

Pitching Friday for Hjelle would be one week apart from starts, but if he throws tonight, I dunno. Pitching Friday for Lewis would be six days apart (5 days rest), assuming he doesn't pitch tonight. Heck, he may.

North Carolina State starting Piedmonte, who is 7-0, 2.33 ERA.

Piedmonte started Friday night, but was pulled after only 16 pitches. Had a walk, 3 doubles, and a fly out. He's 6'8, 240, RHP, a tall drink of water.

If you're tuning into the SEC Network early, Florida is playing Bethune-Cookman in their Regional championship, leading 5-1 in the 9th inning. Winner advances to Super Regionals.

--Don't expect the game to start on time. Tarp on field, expect a delay before first pitch.--

Report is a small band and won't be long.

While we're waiting...a look at who is already in the Super Regionals:

LSU
    Oregon State
    Davidson
    Texas A&M
    Louisville
    Sam Houston State
    Cal State Fullerton
    Wake Forest
    Florida

All 8 SEC teams are still alive (3 in Super Regionals, 4 of 5 playing in the Finals)
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 06-05-2017 at 07:16 PM.

--UK players leaving dugout, headed to Shively Center, so there may be a little more delay than originally thought.--

The radar shows a big line of storms heading towards Lex.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    While we're waiting...a look at who is already in the Super Regionals:

LSU
    Oregon State
    Davidson
    Texas A&M
    Louisville
    Sam Houston State
    Cal State Fullerton
    Wake Forest

All 8 SEC teams are still alive. Florida is close to joining Super Regionals, leading 6-1 in bottom of the 9th.
    Add FL as it official now

I'm a unitasker living in a multitasker world

View from The Cliff....

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Add FL as it official now
    Gotcha, editing...

ESPN2 is carrying Auburn v Florida State, if you're looking for a game whilst waiting...

Florida State with 2 runs and leading, 2-0 in bottom of the 1st in their Regional Finals.

Raining hard, possible dangerous weather in 8 miles, and they asked fans to seek shelter and exit stadium.

This sounds terrible but one more day could make all the difference in the world for our pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    This sounds terrible but one more day could make all the difference in the world for our pitching.
    They'll play today. The storm won't last long.

But I don't think that sounded terrible--sounded smart to me.

Radar...

If that stuff to the north moves south lookout

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    If that stuff to the north moves south lookout
    It already has. That radar image is old. The leading edge is now past Lexington . Should be letting up soon

I'm a unitasker living in a multitasker world

Auburn sidewinder allowed 2 runs in the top of the 1st, but shut down FSU in the 2nd. Throws strikes, and keeps the ball down low. I don't think his stuff is that great (announcers disagree with me, saying he has good stuff), but his location is good. Could keep FSU's scoring low, and give Aubie a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    It already has. That radar image is old. The leading edge is now past Lexington . Should be letting up soon
    Doc's right, it's almost gone.

Oops--I misspoke on the Aubie sidewinder. He's a reliever, came in after four batters, and the starter had already allowed 2 runs, so he hasn't allowed anything yet.

Will take awhile to clear the field from standing water, it appears, after it stops.

I agree with you. Ball moves but not with much pace. FSU pitcher is throwing something that moves everywhere? Knuckler? I'm in a bar in New Orleans so no sound

I may take it back. auburn pitcher does have movement