Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Anybody know a good way to search for something very specific on VRBO?

I'm looking for something close to me (within 2-3 hours) to rent for a week on a lake, but that comes with a boat provided. I found one accidentally, but it's not necessarily where I'd like it.

I have children who will be coming and going during parts of the week due to work schedules or theatre schedules, so that's why it needs to be close. For me, anything in central or north Alabama would work, or in the Chattanooga area.

Is there a way to search for something on VRBO.com (or some other place) that would allow me to see if they would be a rare bird that might have "extras" provided in the cost of the rental, such as boats?

Anybody know a good way to search for something very specific on VRBO?

Not sure about the VRBO search with perks like boats. Another way to go about it would be to find the location/lake you want, then search accommodations. Find those two things then search the marinas on the lake for boat rentals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Anybody know a good way to search for something very specific on VRBO?

I don't use VRBO much these days, but if they had some kind of full text search woudl be about the only thing I'd guess would work.

Or just rent a big enough boat and go that route. Seriously that would work, so long as you are game to do that much boat stuff. Probably more to bite off than it's worth however.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I don't use VRBO much these days, but if they had some kind of full text search woudl be about the only thing I'd guess would work.

Or just rent a big enough boat and go that route. Seriously that would work, so long as you are game to do that much boat stuff. Probably more to bite off than it's worth however.
    VRBO has been taken over by Realtors. I don't use it much any more either. Few bargains.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    VRBO has been taken over by Realtors. I don't use it much any more either. Few bargains.
    Yep, not like it used to be, which was more of an informal thing. Not a lot of "O" in the VRBO these days.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I have been very disappointed in the pricing, that's for sure. Hard to find accommodations that fit my needs exactly, though, to be fair.

I gave up on what I was trying to do; now trying something more traditional. I know we waited a long time, but not finding much, and what we're finding is more than what I want to spend.

I'm not finding any great alternatives to VRBO, either. AirBNB, etc. are suffering from the same, have about the same offerings, same prices, etc. Most of that is on me for waiting until the middle of June for a late July stay, but in the past, I've been able to locate something easier around this same time.

VRBO is now part of the HomeAway network. They have about 15-20 different websites contained in their network

This is the https://www.homeaway.com/to the HomeAway website
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

If you go to VRBO.com, you'll go to a page that's identical to that. I'm pretty sure it's the exact same rental source.

Still lots of accommodation options for late July where I will be at the end of this week. 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 baths with all the linens and cooking utensils provided in the $150.00 to $195.00 per night range. Most of them will sleep 8 without using the pull out couch and they have a 5 night minimum stay. They tack on a one time cleaning fee that varies in price from $100.00 to $200.00 depending on whether there is a hot tub available.

Of course there is no sand, sharks, jellyfish, algae blooms, sea weed, sand fleas, or impending tropical storms where I am going.
    seeya
    dan

Yeah, the kids want....

Sand
    Sharks
    Jellyfish (well, it comes with the territory)
    Etc.

Sigh.

Love the 3BR, 2½ BA. Looking for 5 nights, so even meet the minimum. Price would be outstanding, but, well, it's that whole ocean thing...

We have not been to "MY" spot in 4 years. Beach trips have gotten in the way. I was very polite, but I told the brood that if they were going sand shifting this year to count me out as I was going elsewhere. They huddled for a while and decided that I had been more than fair going somewhere that I did not like for 4 years in a row, and we would plan to go together to where we are going this year. It is not like they do not like this years destination but they do have more love for the beach thing.

Belleair beach, Myrtle Beach, Daytona, and Destin were enough don't ya think? Oh yeah, they went to Gulf Shores this year on spring break but work kept me from tagging along.
    seeya
    dan